Wiki Posts
Search

Al's Hobby Shop Closing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tenthumbs
I am really sorry to hear they are closing for two reasons.

First being the emloyees and the jobs lost and the hobby shop being the closest to where I live.

Second I have an order that was on back order for a month with the Manufacturer and No one has contacted me since early last week. I found out that the shop closed when I went there today to see about my order.

Does anyone know who to contact ? From what they said last week the order was supposed to delivery today.

Please help.
If you have pre-paid for your order, it may still be delivered and you will be contacted.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Vorza for sale on consignment at Als. :(

Originally Posted by wyattroa
I made one last stop in yesterday too. Not one thing was marked down. Odd..the other thing mentioned is moth of the stuff you saw on the walls were the employees, not the stores stock. The store had stuff in the basement too of customers that had not picked up their stuff. I wonder what will happen to that stuff.
I have been a customer there since 1997 when chip built and painted my first serious onroad car. I have a $500 vorza on consignment on the wall that chip is trying to sell for me or was. I wasnt told they were closing and have no receipt for it. I hope Chip or someone there can contact me or forward this to chip since I dont have his phone number. My name is Joe B and a little nervous to say the least !!

Last edited by stonyrc; 05-07-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: adding update
Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

So I saw the sign posted on front door. Sooo sad It states that customers with things on consignment will be contacted. Joe B ... 847-254- 7130... just to be sure
Old 05-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stonyrc
I have been a customer there since 1997 when chip built and painted my first serious onroad car. I have a $500 vorza on consignment on the wall that chip is trying to sell for me or was. I wasnt told they were closing and have no receipt for it. I hope Chip or someone there can contact me or forward this to chip since I dont have his phone number. My name is Joe B and a little nervous to say the least !!
I know that Chip was trying to contact everyone that had things at the shop. The fact that you did not get any receipt was your fault. I hope you get your car back, but if you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mooby64
I know that Chip was trying to contact everyone that had things at the shop. The fact that you did not get any receipt was your fault. I hope you get your car back, but if you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Who's blaming anyone ? That's a bs thing to say. I did find myreceipt and Chip knows thats my buggy anyways. You sound like a jerk to me.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

All consignment items were taken off the wall on Saturday and put away, contact [email protected] to schedule a pick up.

tenthumbs, if it was a weborder contact [email protected]
If it was an in-store unpaid order, it has been canceled. If you paid, contact [email protected]

Last edited by LeastFav; 05-09-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Who's blaming anyone ? That's a bs thing to say. I did find myreceipt and Chip knows thats my buggy anyways. You sound like a jerk to me.
I am a jerk, but it isn't Chips job to keep track of your things.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I am a jerk, but it isn't Chips job to keep track of your things.
Who said it was ? Wow are you serious ? You're one of those type of people that are brave in text .By the way, they charge 20% if an item sells so yes in a way it was chips job to keep track of it you moron. "Mooby" nice name ...lol
Old 05-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Al's called me to pick up my car
That I had on consignment and
Yes it was Chip that called. I would
Go over there now during the day
I am sure some one is there to take care
Of it

Last edited by honda1; 05-08-2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Who said it was ? Wow are you serious ? You're one of those type of people that are brave in text .By the way, they charge 20% if an item sells so yes in a way it was chips job to keep track of it you moron. "Mooby" nice name ...lol
Actually I would have said to to your personally. BTW, I'll let Chip know your looking for your car. Happy now?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Actually I would have said to to your personally. BTW, I'll let Chip know your looking for your car. Happy now?
I do appreciate that . I can imagine that Chip has better things to do at this point. I wish I owned my own business so I could hire him. He is an amazing salesman and excells in customer service. I'm going to miss going to Als greatly. Thanks again
Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Please remember folks, LOTS of repairs, orders, and consignment stuff.
It will take time to get through it all but I'm confident everyone will eventually be contacted.

Not sure I'd have the power to stick around and help wind things down. Please be courteous to those still helping get through things at Al's. These people need to find a new job.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They have been taking inventory and trying to get everything back to the owners. Although if you have something there I would get there fast as if things aren't picked up or you owed money and it's been sitting there I am pretty sure they will attempt to sell it off.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NolanP
They have been taking inventory and trying to get everything back to the owners. Although if you have something there I would get there fast as if things aren't picked up or you owed money and it's been sitting there I am pretty sure they will attempt to sell it off.
Do you know for sure someone is there during the day or are you speculating ?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do you know for sure someone is there during the day or are you speculating ?
It sounds like your consignment stuff is pretty important, so I think it would be wise to stop by there again ASAP. Just a thought. That way you don't have to lean on information found here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.