Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races >

Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

then run your spec tires. I dont see anyone forcing you to run cs-27 tires. You may not be as fast as the people that are running open tires, but then you can tell yourself it is because people are using different tires. If all of the tracks around you use spec tires, then you can know by using them that you will be fast on a track that uses spec tires. Thats not a reason to sell a tc4 just because people arent going to run the same tires as you...if you want to win, then step up and buy different tires.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had to buy a new set of tires for every race with the 27 rule. Take that versus getting several races out of the tires I would prefer to run, in my case Tamiya Type A's. So 5 races x $32 a set = $160 on tires. Take that versus $25-$30 a set for rims and tires that you can run more than one weekend. I'd be ok with a spec tire, but I would personally prefer open tires. You can still run 27's with an open tire rule, but you could also run RP's or 22's, or even Sorex premounts. Or maybe that's something that could be considered, Sorex or RP spec pre-glued tires. I dunno.

After talking with Chuck this morning, I think everyone can bank on having rules and classes set in place Monday/Tuesday of this week. If someone wants something considered, please post it here so it can get discussed. But the plan is to pretty closely copy last year's rules. They just plain worked, when inforced
Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lee
Do you plan on racing ALL of the races in this series?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team orange
Im not racing rubber so it makes no difference to me but heres my opinion. The spec tire is great and all because its consistent since everybodies tires are the same softness and close to the same wear unless your setup is really whacked. But from my experiences I could throw Sorexs on anything and it will hook up good and hook up for a long time. My CS tires will give me four race days before they lose good bite, two RACES such as the series race before I start losing 10ths of seconds. Sorexs, although 20 dollars more will give me more than twice the life of the CS tires. So I am getting more for my money with the Sorexs plus 1 to 2 tenths of a second faster lap times, just ask Bob Stellflue. 40.00 CS 27s divided by 4 race days equals 10 dollars a day. 60 dollar Sorex's divided by 10 race days equals 6 dollars. Whats the better deal?

First off i dont run rubber tires anymore, and i do not plan to race this series, but to go to an open tire rule would be silly....you guys can say all day that "i run my sorex\pit\tamyia tires for 6 weeks" to be trully fast on rubber you need new tires every race or 2, after 3-4 races they are just slower..period...with the spec cs 27 it is this way also, but at least you know what tire to race....

Skip, you will remember this, when MARCCA and Marc Miller ran the race series between Rockford and Verona, new tires were key, you needed new tires to compete with skip, brad, Seji, myself and the like....most used sorex 36 but the inserts were a crap shoot, yok medor med thin...it went on forever....then through in my secret weapon the yok 138g....it is endless...

the bottom lie is to be fast on rubber you need tires....if it is spec you already have 1 part of the equation, and that is what tire do i run......

just my .02, i think the spec tire is the way to go.....period....

matt
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah I agree with you Willy. Were pretty much forced to run the spec tires which is actually really dissapointing because most tracks use this tire to run with. And because everyone is using this kind of tire there is a higher demand for it. And with a higher demand for these tires means a higher price to pay for the tires. Its simple economics. I just hope CS tires dont go up anymore because new sedan racers can not even afford the CS tires right now.
Heres a thought though. What if the rubber sedan class was limited to a couple of tires. Lets say Sorex's and CS tires. You have a couple of options to choose from. Nobody is buying vast quantites of tires\rim\inserts, and the guys who want a little variety are happy to.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Im eating my words here by saying a higher quantity of tires will equal a higher price. The price should be lower because theres more to sell. Snowy can back me up on this I think, Hes the expert. But even still. For all racers to put all their money to only one tire company seems like everybody going to Wal-Mart. I like Wal-Mart but I still need the other stores to.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Matt why wont you run the series with us?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team orange
What if the rubber sedan class was limited to a couple of tires. Lets say Sorex's and CS tires. You have a couple of options to choose from. Nobody is buying vast quantites of tires\rim\inserts, and the guys who want a little variety are happy to.
Interesting point here Nick. I think that the purpose of a Spec Tire Rule would be to "Level The Playing Field" but yet having a choice between two tires would be a compromise that reaches to both sides of this discussion. In my opinion there should still be Spec Tires. However giving drivers the choice between two (no more! cuz it'd be a bit much I think) would leave some choice in the setup equation. Thoughts? I know I'm newer in the sedan scene but this thought appeals to me.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

to far away....also, i cannot afford to race this one and the all star series....if a race is close, i would look at the event, but i just cant do all the races....
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well a choice of two means you will have to have twice as many tires in your pit box. You will have to test each tire at each track to find the fastest. Plus you will have to make sure each track stocks both types.
I did a lot of testing in our rubber tire days and every tire I tested slowed down after 3 or 4 runs... no exceptions. You really need a new set for each race if you want to be in the A, if the competition level is equal. This is the price of racing on rubber
Rubber tires have been discussed to death on other threads so lets get away from doing that again.
Pick a spec tire that ALL the tracks will stock for the race and everyone can forget tire tuning and have some fun racing

Last edited by ottoman; 07-27-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Your right Ottoman, I think right now the only option if we did a spec tire is gonna be CS 27s. What other tires do other tracks carry such as green bay, monroe, and S&N. What other options are there?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you either do spec or open, you can't do 3 spec tires, it defeats the purpose. I think since most tracks that use the spec tires use 27's, that's the route we should go with a spec tire. It used to be that spec tires were used not only to keep competition close but to also keep costs down. I wonder if the "Committee" were to order the tires from Schumacher directly and bring them to each track and allow the particular track to sell them that weekend at a cheaper price, if that would help. Just thinking out loud on this one.

Matt, you're saying Intense Raceway is closer to you in Monroe than Oshkosh is?!?!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skip109
Lee
Do you plan on racing ALL of the races in this series?
Not if we are gonna run the Take Off every zig for great justice CS-27 tires!! LOLOLOLOLOL! I might as well run 12th scale instade cause I have a choce of tires there instead.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by CAR
What about using one set of CS tires for the seies being marked and held as your tires until the following race? You can practice on other tires but you must race with your (marked ,held tires). I vote for foam stock.
Hmmmmm. Thats an interesting idea CAR. Im for foams also.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
60$ for ten days is not how it really works nick. what driver a found out that a softer insert gave him two tenths, oops there 60$ in the garbage and another 60$out of my pocket and this could keep going every ropund at every track and b4 you know it youve got 4 sets of tire with four different inserts and only one set works not looking cheaper to me..
Two tenths fast could be the difference of a pass on a slower driver too. Ive played with plenty of rubber tires and found the sorex to be dollar for dollar ahead of the cs27s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.