Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Winter Sedan Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

troy, dont worry, there was not that many ppl there we could us as much help as possible....again, thanks to those who helped....
Old 10-06-2001, 09:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

My big contribution to the day was running out for the, uh, refreshments.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:21 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well if i would have known my dad was going up to bellville... i would have shown up... but i didnt know till he was there... lol

So hows it coming along?
Old 10-06-2001, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,
I agree that we should do what is best for the club. I was just going off of what I have heard from some of the other racers over the last few years. If the switch would help the club I am all for it. I just wanted to point out this so we don't loose to many people from our own club. The other thing to consider is how many more people we will pull in with the change and if that will offset any of the people that might not be able to make it for one reason or another.

Troy why do you say that people would rather go to Trackside instead of to Madison? I am just guessing that you were reffering to racers from both towns. If there are any specific reasons for that I think it would be good to know the reasons so that as a board and/or club we can change things to make MARCCA just as appealing to all racers from all areas.

I personally race because I enjoy it. I don't do it for any other reason and I believe Shane has said before it is also nice to hang out with all fo the people involved. The best time that I have had and I can speak for Nick S. also was last year at the I94 Challenge race just because of being with everyone else.

I am all for makeing the club stronger and larger. It took me 3 years to find the club and a place to race when we moved down here so I don't want to loose that. I also would not have to travel to Milwaukee to do that.

Thanks for listening. Hope that this gives you all something to help work out any poroblems.
Troy Smart
Old 10-06-2001, 11:30 PM
R/C Tech Founder

After seeing the new track I don't think we have to worry too much about losing many racers to Trackside. It is a VERY nice facility! It is open, it is clean, and there is plenty of parking and pit space.

One of the best features (IMO) is that you can see the track from everywhere in the building. The track is basically in the center, with the pit tables & viewing area along the sides. It creates a total race atmosphere, something that MARCCA has not had in its last two facilities. My first impression is that it will feel no different from Trackside.

The reason for switching the dates is that it seems to acommodate nearly everybody that we have talked to. Both sedan & truck drivers will still have the option of going to Trackside, which seems to be good for everybody. Race at MARCCA when you want, race at Trackside when you want, and have fewer conflicts all around.

Anyway, guess we'll wait and see what the Board decides...
Old 10-07-2001, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, but I don't thnik I can come today, I have tons to do for school. I might stop by tonight to work with the annocers area and get things organized.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:20 AM
RCTech Member #2

Troy Smart - Awesome name.... Gotta give that to ya ( btw - Another Troy just joined last night... I was talking to him in PM's )

I'm not saying i dont want to race in madsion, and im not reffering to the racers.. It's awesome racing with you guys, and when i have problems someone is always there for me.... always!
Old 10-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
Just got home from the track. What a great place. A few people were practicing and it seemed that the track and the way it is set up will work great. We even found more pit space since things have gotten alittle more organized. There is restrooms and we also have vending machines down the hall from the track. As far as I know we are able to use them but don't quote me on that as I am not sure but we did use them.

It is set that we are going to stick with the schedule that we had last year. It should be a great year no matter what the schedule is.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:28 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by TKS Racing
It is set that we are going to stick with the schedule that we had last year. .
and that would be .......... ??
Old 10-07-2001, 06:41 PM
Administrator

tsr....the schedule will be trucks sat.... practice from 12-5, racing at 5-30......sedan, sunday, practice 9-12, racing at 12-30.....just like last year.....
Old 10-07-2001, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Track looks good can't wait to race on it.
See you all out there sunday for some sedan racing, and some F-1 if anyone is brave enough to bring it.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:11 PM
Administrator

hey kevin....i will be out of town sunday, but i will see you in a week...sounds like f1 will be big again....

fut....that was the most important part of the day....
Old 10-07-2001, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Don't forget Tuesday sedan racing, start time should be 7 PM just like last year. Unlike weekends, it is only 2 heats and a main, and is cheaper than weekends as well. It's the "laid back" day...

Sorry I couldn't help out more this weekend, I am having a rough time of it lately. My little bro moved out here to get away from home and he has been a bit of a handful, to say the least. Two months here and still no job! On top of that I am searching for a new job and trying to build my portfolio, not to mention school... life was so much easier when I was younger

On a brighter note, I am setting up a computer at the track that can be used for internet access. It should make transferring the points and results to the web a lot easier. In the future we might find a better scoring software that runs on Windows as well, since the general opinion is that AMB sucks. Tim was talking about how much better it was to have timing down to the hundredth-second, and man, that would be cool. Running a 12.09 and a 12.01 is a big difference sometimes!

Last edited by futureal; 10-07-2001 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I would have to say you guys really out done yourself this weekend. The place looks awesome! There is plenty of light at the track and plenty of pit space. I can't believe how much work you guys did in the couple of days.

Jeff C. did the power for us and that looks awesome. Good job Jeff!

Good job to everybody that worked!
Old 10-07-2001, 08:01 PM
RCTech Member #2

Do you guys hate me or what? lmfao.... just kiddin...

lol... I work Tues & sunday... both... man what a jyp... I'm going to have try harder to get sundays off..... haha...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.