Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2013 Spektrum Off Road Championships >

2013 Spektrum Off Road Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Spektrum Off Road Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Nice. Any breakdown of RM/MM in stock?
Sean C, CJ Greeves and I were the only three running MM in stock. We all ran C4.2s.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There were a couple Kyosho MM cars I thought in stock. Kraig O?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Sean C, CJ Greeves and I were the only three running MM in stock. We all ran C4.2s.
Originally Posted by Crawlin
There were a couple Kyosho MM cars I thought in stock. Kraig O?
Yes there was more MM cars in stock, I was strictly referencing the A main. I have no idea how many there were in total.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

There was quite a mix of mm to rm cars. To be honest with you, I was surprised to see the number of mm cars in stock as I thought it was more than it would be. But then again, a rm car did TQ and a rm car did win stock. I was just looking at the last round of qualifying, a mm car did TQ that round followed by a rm. From 3rd on down to 10th it was separated by about 3 seconds. I believe a rm did tq rounds 1, 2, and 3.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming out to the race. It is always great to see friends who I haven't seen in awhile and to meet new friends as well. Thanks to Sonny Brown from Spektrum, TLR, Horizon Hobby and all of the other sponsors that I might have missed.

Lastly, I want to thank Jamie for stepping up to the plate and taking over the reigns of Trackside Raceway. He has big shoes to fill but he has the feet to fill them and things continue to get better. Congrats on a job well done! I just want to know, how are you going to top this one?
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a good time.

Huge props to Mason C, epic, the kid's on fire lately
Josh impressed big time with the new snake, Billy held his own
Walters shares podium with Phend and Cathcart
Tollard hangs with the bigs
20 laps?? Are you kidding me??
Bobbo brings it on Sunday.......again

Congrats to Jeff Piske and Preston on their wins in lower mains, good showings from good guys starting to put it together

OK, what's next
Old 11-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Lastly, I want to thank Jamie for stepping up to the plate and taking over the reigns of Trackside Raceway. He has big shoes to fill but he has the feet to fill them and things continue to get better. Congrats on a job well done! I just want to know, how are you going to top this one?
This. I was chatting with Scotty and told him what a great job Jaime and crew are doing since taking over the track. We've only been up a few times since the change, but the transition seems to be seamless. They took something great, managed to keep everything that made it great, and even improve some things too. Even Buck's announcing is reminiscent of Scotty, in fact if I had a dollar for every time someone said that Buck sounds like Scotty I could have had a few more burritos this past weekend.

So great job to the whole Trackside Crew! Can't wait to do it all again next year!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Good Morning All,

Sorry for the delay in posting... suffered something of a Spektrum hangover yesterday!!

We would like to sincerely thank ALL of the racers - locals, travelers, and the teams for their participation in the 2013 Spektrum Off Road Championships. It is the racers and participants (I place myself in the latter category last weekend) that help to make an event like this possible and successful. Without you, there would be no Spektrum Race and frankly no Trackside Raceway.

Also, thank you to all who have posted kind words regarding the facility and Trackside family. The sheer number of hours required to make a facility ready for an event of this size is mind-boggling!! So, thank you to the everyone who helped build the track, clean, organize, put parts away, etc etc. We truly appreciate it!

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Spektrum/Horizon... despite the fact that he wasn't able to race due to work constraints it was great to see Sonny Brown and the TLR crew (not going to name names as I don't want to miss someone.) Their sponsorship of the event was fantastic! Not to mention the amazing bunch of door prizes! Again, thank you to Sonny and crew!

I haven't had the opportunity to tally of the number of laps turned on the track, but I would place a guess at 80,000+ - track held together great!!! Noone is quite sure where the change in tire style came from, but it sure left people scrambling for "clay" compound tires.... from FOUR different manafacturers that I know of - AKA, JConcepts, Losi and Proline - all were represented!

As promised, we saw some of the closest, cleanest and best qualifying/racing around... tons of new cars (TLR 22-4, Serpent, Centro Converted B4's) and equipment (Spektrum DX4R Pro.)

Time to head back to reality!!! If anyone has comments, questions or photos that they would like to share we will continue to monitor the [email protected] email.

Thanks again, and lets hope that I never have to wear another medium tshirt (sorry to those who have been scarred by that!)... but thank you to those who contributed to the nice dinner and beverage I enjoyed following the race on your dime!!

Wilde
Old 11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

LiveRC Video Archive:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...amzpiZnSUQ-Aox

Had an absolute blast being out there this weekend for the first time. Didn't make my goal but that's an incentive for next year.

Want to thank Trackside and the staff for running a top notch program. Definitely the biggest race I've ever been to. Really liked that days didn't go late into the evening considering it was a multi-day event.

Favorite moment was watching the Sportsman main with all if the top drivers turn marshalling for them. Just awesome. Hoping to get my guy out there next year for this.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 AM
TLRacing

Had a really good time at the Spektrum Race! Everyone was really nice, the facility and announcing were awesome. Looking forward to next year....
Old 11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Congrats to Jeff Piske and Preston on their wins in lower mains, good showings from good guys starting to put it together
Thank you for the kind words!

What an awesome week! First time racing at Trackside and first Spektrum race! Huge thanks to the Trackside crew for a well run program! The track was awesome, especially considering how many laps got turned on it! For a multiple day event things moved smooth and there were little to no delays. I look forward to getting up that way and doing some club racing with the regulars but Im must excited about next years Spektrum race. How will you top this one!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

This was posted in the Serpent SRX-2 thread but I thought some of you may enjoy reading it as well. It's a good read.

Billy's Spektrum report: http://teamserpent.com/blog/2013/11/...spektrum-race/