Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Chicagoland R/C Raceway, Tinley Park, IL >

Chicagoland R/C Raceway, Tinley Park, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicagoland R/C Raceway, Tinley Park, IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Kevin.........sponcer guy like you suppose to have emaill address, right..?
Anyhow, here are the point series of this season....1st one is the big touphy one like last year, sponcered by LEASURE HOURS.

May Race: Sunday, May 29th, sponsored by Leisure Hours Hobby Shop, http://www.leisurehours.com

June Race: Sunday, June 26th

July Race: Sunday, July 24th

August Race: Sunday, August 21st

September Race: Sunday, September 18th
Yeah he sent it to me but I must have removed the email so I did not have a copy of it anymore. Ok thats for the list now I can plan which ones I can make it to.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

man, I wish I didn't have something going on this sunday. I'm dying to check out the new asphault.

I'll be there next week for sure.........wait...isn't that mothers day? uh oh.....might not be for a couple weeks.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Euge
man, I wish I didn't have something going on this sunday. I'm dying to check out the new asphault.

I'll be there next week for sure.........wait...isn't that mothers day? uh oh.....might not be for a couple weeks.
Yes, Walt will leave the whole lot JUST for you.........Euge.
Mothers day........NO RACING THAT SUNDAY.........and you suppose to buy your mother a good lunch and dinner...........

NO RACE on MOTHER"S DAY.......
Old 04-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Euge....I feel your pain this whole month is almost a wash for me looks like I will be able to make the first points race as my first trip down there....arrgh.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Yeah he sent it to me but I must have removed the email so I did not have a copy of it anymore. Ok thats for the list now I can plan which ones I can make it to.
Kevin...........I know AJ does have a bigger track, but see you can drag some Hurrican ppl (brad and Jucka) over to TINELY, espeically the 29th Point series race and do a smack down on the MOD electric...................I still remember the race between you and Koch.........I would love to give you guys a shot, of course, I would probably shot myself first on the first lap.....
Old 04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

I will miss this sunday race (over in LA), but I will try myself to be there on 15th and 22nd, right before the 29th race.......then I will see what kind of a setup that I can get is the best for the new asphault..........

I am sure the CAR setup from me is NOT what you guys want, but I think I can share some FOAM TIRES setting with you guys.

I will try to test 26mm all around, 30mm all around, or nitro car spec, 26mm front and 30mm rear...........most likely, 35-37 shores are good enough.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Kevin...........I know AJ does have a bigger track, but see you can drag some Hurrican ppl (brad and Jucka) over to TINELY, espeically the 29th Point series race and do a smack down on the MOD electric...................I still remember the race between you and Koch.........I would love to give you guys a shot, of course, I would probably shot myself first on the first lap.....
I dont know if Aj's is any bigger I think Tinley is longer they are both great tracks and its good that ones on saturday and ones on sunday. Brad and Koch both have Nitro cars and will be racing them at Tinley I know forsure. Jucha does not have a Nitro car but that might change at any moment he might be up for racing Electric this summer as well. Im sure that all the classes will have some great racing action this summer.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I've tracked down a nice Prosumer level digital video camera...I plan to take it to Tinley once in awhile to film the races.

Just practicing some video editing...so I should have good clips of the races this summer!
Old 04-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess I should have started a thread here a while ago...

I think the bottoms of the chassis should be OK as long as the track is smooth, which it is (or at least it sure looks smooth... I have not put an RC car on it yet, but it looks great). On the other side (last year), it would have been rough. This year should be good.

Frank and I have already talked about bringing our 1/12th cars there to try them out. I've never run 1/12th on anything but carpet. I haven't got a clue what tires to run. Maybe someone with 1/12th asphalt experience can help out. I've still got my old 12L3... might put a mod motor in that with 6-cells, just to scare some nitro cars.

Also, for those of you planning to make all the trophy races, hold off on making definite plans for our second points race, scheduled for June 26th. The bowling alley owner just informed me that he's planning on hosting a classic car show that same day... we both agree that's a PERFECT combination with RC racing, but he's only got so much room.

If he gets more than about 60 or 70 entries into the car show, there just won't be enough room for both the car show and the RC track, or at least not the full size RC track. If I have to run a smaller track that day, I'd rather make another day the points day, but the week before is Father's Day... we'll just have to see how it goes.

For now, it's still June 26th and there will be a car show there too that day, but it might have to change. I have to wait and see how many cars sign up for the car show before I'll know for sure.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just to confirm for everyone, we will NOT be racing on Mother's Day (would-be second week of racing... May 8th). My wife would kill me, then divorce me, or maybe in the opposite order. Besides, not many people would show up (same boat as me, probably).

And, as Rookie stated, our first points race will be sponsored by Leisure Hours just like our last race of last season was. Bernie from Leisure had awsome trophies last year. I'm not sure what he has planned this year, but it should be good.

It's an extra $5 on trophy/points days, but we'll have nice trophies (nicer than last year... I'm buying mine from Leisure this year even when they are not sponsoring the race). Also, triple electric A-main, 15 minute 'lower' nitro mains, and a 30 minute nitro A-main. It's a little something special to do once a month.

We had 76 entries in our June points race last year... I bet we can do better than that this year.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pit space

We're not exactly sure how pit space will work out this year on the East side, but I wanted to let you guys know what will probably happen so you can be prepared.

There will be a little bit of paved space at the north end of the track, but not much. Probably enough for 3 or 4 tents, and probably no cars, so it will be an 'unpack and move your car' place, but a nice location.

To the West of the track is the bowling alley... enough room for spectators to stand and watch (6 feet), but no pit space. We need to leave it open so people can get to the entrance of the bowling alley.

To the East (where the driver's stand will be) is about 25 feet of grass between the pavement and the street. People can put up tents in the grass, but I don't think the police will allow cars to park along the street... maybe they will. We'll just have to see how it goes. If they do, that might be a nice place to parallel park your car and then set up your tent in the grass right next to your car.

To the South of the track is about 30 feet of pavement, and then a hundred feet or so of well-packed gravel. If you really want to pit out of the back of your car, there will be plenty of room for that in this area, but you'll be on gravel most likely. It's a 'fine' gravel, not big rocks or anything. Just be prepared for pitting over grass or gravel.. I like to have a tarp below me so if I drop something small there is actually a chance I'll find it.

And we are working hard to get good electricity out there. I never wanted to invest in improving the electricity on the West side because I knew we'd be moving eventually. Now that we're moved, it's time to fix the electrical shortage, but it will take a little time to figure out. For now, bring along your long extension cord, just in case you need it, and please don't use any electrical device you don't really need (like an air compressor, TV, refridgerator, etc.) We'll have plenty of power out there soon once we figure out how best to do it.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
I dont know if Aj's is any bigger I think Tinley is longer they are both great tracks and its good that ones on saturday and ones on sunday. Brad and Koch both have Nitro cars and will be racing them at Tinley I know forsure. Jucha does not have a Nitro car but that might change at any moment he might be up for racing Electric this summer as well. Im sure that all the classes will have some great racing action this summer.
deleted........

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 04-29-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

uh...rookie...it's koch and jucha
Old 04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I was like what the hell is KOCK NOT, I've never heard one of those. I was thinking what the hell is Brad up to these days??? Ohh lord thats funny, you cant make stuff like that up.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

uh...rookie...it's koch and jucha
Thanks for the spell check........for me, K = H...1 = 2 or = 3...no different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.