R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing

Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Sorry I should have asked what compound is working? Is the track 100% clay, Clay dirt mix? Is the clay compunds hooking up or soft/super soft's working better? Is the track being kept damp or is it dry? Sorry for so many question but I dont want to travel there and have the wrong tires.

Also is there a hobby shop on site or is this just the track?
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound View Post
Question: I know of a few people who bought RTR trucks and are relatively new like myself. Are the races going to be mandated certain specs to start or more of a race what you have? Thanks

For now, I won't have any specs on the different classes. I don't want to put too many obstacles in front of people who want to race.

Adam
WS Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
Sorry I should have asked what compound is working? Is the track 100% clay, Clay dirt mix? Is the clay compunds hooking up or soft/super soft's working better? Is the track being kept damp or is it dry? Sorry for so many question but I dont want to travel there and have the wrong tires.

Also is there a hobby shop on site or is this just the track?
I'm sure it's a bit of a clay dirt mix. I've been watering it every couple days so the traction is good. If you had a couple set of tires with medium to short pins you should be okay. I've run the Grid Irons and Crime Fighter soft compounds and both felt good.

This is just a track, I have no plans for a hobby shop.

Let me know if you need more info,
Adam
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Default Racing reminder

First day of racing is this Sunday. It should be a lot of fun. I hope to see you tomorrow.

Adam

Track info: 417-6448
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Me my son and a couple buddies race up at Leisure hours in joliet but I would be interested in checking this out. How many qualifiers will you be running? Do you sell any parts?
atatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatro View Post
Me my son and a couple buddies race up at Leisure hours in joliet but I would be interested in checking this out. How many qualifiers will you be running? Do you sell any parts?
I will be running three qualifiers. Sorry, I don't sell any parts.

Adam
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

It would be nice if you were open I drove a hour away and when I got there the door was locked and I knocked 5 different times and no one anserwed the door I waited for over 15 minutes
FarmanRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmanRacing View Post
It would be nice if you were open I drove a hour away and when I got there the door was locked and I knocked 5 different times and no one anserwed the door I waited for over 15 minutes
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were coming. I was open from 10-Noon and no one showed up to race today. If you would have called me, my number is 217-417-6448, I would have been happy to show you the track and you could have even run on it today. I do list my number here and on the web site page: wsraceway.weebly.com. I wanted to race today...

Sorry,
Adam
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Default Racing this weekend

Ok last weekend was pretty slow. Who is interested in coming out this weekend? I'll review the schedule for you below.

Saturday is open for practice from 10am to 4pm.

Sunday is race day! Practice/tuning is from 10am to noon. At noon, I will close practice and start racing. I would like to have the classes all set up and ready to go at noon. If we can do this, we should be able to run three qualifiers and mains and still get you out at a reasonable time. I'm hoping to get done around 4-5pm most Sundays.

Let me know your thoughts,
Adam
WS Raceway
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Default Weekend practice and racing

Still signing people up for the Team Associated Pit Bag giveaway - this will be given to one of the first 50 people to practice or race.

Also, this weekend I will give a battery case out to every racer who practices or races.

AND we will be giving out door prizes this weekend!

I know of a couple people interested in practice this weekend. Also, I believe a group of guys from around Kankakee are coming down on Sunday for racing.

Please speak up if you're thinking about practicing or racing.

Adam

Last edited by WS Raceway; 02-14-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

Paxton is almost close enough to take away my excuse of not racing because there are no 'close tracks.'

Professional life has taken over here lately. I need to get my slash put back together so I can come by and check the place out!
Chuckworks A4 LCG Chassis.
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Default invite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
Paxton is almost close enough to take away my excuse of not racing because there are no 'close tracks.'

Professional life has taken over here lately. I need to get my slash put back together so I can come by and check the place out!
I would like to see you come out. There is actually a number of guys who live fairly close. I just talked to a guy who lives in Paxton that races. He wants to come out to practice and race this week. I don't see why a regular crowd of 30+ racers wouldn't be possible. I just need to get all those interested racers to visit.

Hope to see you soon,
Adam
WS Raceway
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Default Practice Saturday

There are a few guys coming out for practice earlier Saturday.

The track is watered and ready for practice.

Hope to see you Saturday,
Adam

WS Raceway
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'll be there this Sunday 4x4 sct
Zman0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What time are you going to be open this Saturday? I'm just getting back into the hobby after 15 years, but I have a Traxxas Son-Uva Digger (Stampede) that i've been dying to get on a dirt track. I'd be willing to race on Sunday, but I haven't done races in years so I'd be worried that I would just annoy the others until I get better.

If you want help putting the website together or something to help get the word out let me know. Heard about the track from a guy at Hot Slots in Urbana, but it was a little tough to find the track.
Goofy0319 is offline   Reply With Quote