Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Off Road Park in Southern Il

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default R/C Off Road Park in Southern Il

Hello guys, iam wondering if there is enough interest to get some R/C Truck Pulling, Rock Crawling, Mud Pit, Rock Racer, and Rallycross events going on in Southern Illinois?

I have full access to roughly 3 acres of land in Benton, IL to make a Off-Road Park happen. Just looking to do something different and fun, but still competitive.

Heres what i have been thinking of:

R/C Truck Pulling Track - Hard Packed Dirt, 30ft Full Pull Length.

R/C Rock Climbing - Mainly big/large rocks, stacked in various ways. With some added objects. 3 to 5 seperate stages per event.

R/C Rock Racer Track - A mixture of mud, dirt, sand, water, rocks, logs, jumps, mud pits, dropoffs, hillclimbs, etc. The utlimate course. Head to Head Elimination with different classes. (Scale, Buggy/Tube, and Formula 4x4). Track would be roughly 2.5-3 minute lap time, with 3 lap elimination heats.

R/C Mud Pit - Roughly 30x6ft Pit of good mud. Either fastest time, or longest distance.

R/C Rallycross Track - A mixture of dirt, small rocks, small jumps. Built for 1/8 and 1/10 Touring Car based Rally Cars. Head to Head Eliminations also.

This is just a feeler at the moment, but willing to invest to make this happen. Its up you guys to see if any of these ideas would be something you would like to particpate in. It would be Sundays only, maybe every other week or monthly.

What you think? Comments, Questions are Welcomed.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

I live in same county as Benton and all the Redline crew in Marion, Cambria and surrounding towns and counties wouldn't mind at all. We currently have an Indoor off-road track in the process of being built, with an estimated completion time begining to mid January. I know of a few that have crawlers. I have a few 1/10th Buggies and Stadium trucks and most of the others do also. I'd say let a few others weigh in and see how it goes. The problem with the area is it's smaller towns and a bit harder to thrive. Just my opinion though.

FaN
Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

What type of track(s) do you have in Nashville?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

FaNbLaDe- I did have a commerical Slot Car Raceway/Hobby Store in Nashville. But since i got a much better job, i didnt have the time to operate it like i was. But, i heard thew the grape vine that there will be a 8 Lane Slot Car Track at the Armory along with the R/C track, so thats what iam waiting for! Hopefully, i can be able to set up some European tracks. You guys have no idea how fun Rally and Rally Raid is! I LOVE IT!!!

BMW Mini Countryman Raid Truck flying threw the air:

Spanish Style Raid Track. Huge Drops!!!:

Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

You heard correctly! Slot car, carpet, and dirt! It's all just a waiting game now though. I'll post if I hear any other updates.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

There are a few of us out here with crawlers/scalers I live in perry co. but will be moving to franklin county sometime soon. Check out a guy on here slim_jim he has been talking about a crawler/scaler park in southern illinois for a while.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Moving closer to me eh Matt! I'll fire up the grill!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Where at in Benton? That is my hometown and I know it well. I don't have any crawlers but I would love to check it out and maybe even help with the build when I am done with my backyard 1/10th track here in Mt Vernon.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

If it does happen, the track would be located in the Industrial Park of Benton.

What you guys think about Stage Rally? Iam a big rally fan, and would love to build Rally Stages.

Have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uYoVTiMMY

Instead of chasing the car around the stage, the driver would be stationed on a drivers platform. The course would be painted like how it is in the video, maybe atlittle wider lanes.

There would be 3 stages. About 1 minute in length. And 3 laps per driver per stage to give the driver its stage time. After the 3 stages, the times for the drivers will be added, and the lowest time's will decided the Overall Winner and Positions.

Thinking it would be 1 Rally per Month. The stages will remain the same for 2 months. 1 Rally Event Weekend will have the cars run Clockwise, then the next month Rally Event, the stages will be ran Counter-Clockwise. Then new stages for the following next 2 months. Would like to have 6 Rally Event Weekends. By weekend, i mean Sunday's.

What you guys think??? I need your suggestions!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Could be interesting, but I'd have to buy all new gear. I've always been an offroad guy. And I work Sundays. Still could be possible.

Last edited by FaNbLaDe; 12-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Thats the thing tho too, i dont want people have to spend a ton on new rides. I figured, just 1 class to start off with. Like any 4WD Production Touring Car, box stock or you would have the option of changing to a 17.5 Blinky setup with 2S Lipo.

Try to keep the cost down. Kyosho offers a RTR Rally car for under $200. Thats a good deal. Maybe just have a Spec Class using the Kyosho Car, then everybody has equal cars, then its just comes down to driving.

Whats rides do you currently have FaNbLaDe?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Losi 22 buggy and 22t and a losi xxx-t
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=uEXGaLtApLo
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You could always do an open run what you brung type class. It would give people a chance to try it out without having to buy new gear.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

The only problem i have with Open RWYB, is that you get non scale cars running. I would like to keep to scale rally cars. But that means, everybody would have to buy a new ride. But heres the good part. You dont need a Mega Fancy car. A used TC3, or XXXS, or Tamiya car would work. Heck, any 1/10 4WD Touring Car would work. Honestly, you wouldnt need to spend more than $250 for a RTR car.

And Rally Legends offers some mega saweet RTR Cars! They are more money, but you get very nice bodies, LED lights, etc. with em. Well worth the money, and they have a good Hop-Up Selection and Part Support too. Check em out:

http://www.rallylegendsrc.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.