Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebuggy at leisure....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I guess we will figure it out once the winter schedule is posted.

I absolutely do not want to run with nitros this year. Nothing against nitros, but the cold weather and smoke suck indoors during the winter.

I think picking a specific weekends would help attendance so we can plan. I don't think there is a enough of us yet to guarantee a class randomly every weekend, however, pretty sure we can get a full heat if we plan ahead for certain dates.

I may even be willing to put up some cash for a series to encourage attendance. I don't want to see this class die. Although I'm sure it would just turn into a donation to Jimbo or Randy.

We can all play nice in the sandbox imho. We are fortunate to have a place to run like LH, so let's keep it positive. It is just grown men playing with toy cars....
Old 07-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Give the 1/8th electrics some dedicated time every hour for practice. That shouldn't be very difficult, and it will keep everyone happy.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Wow! Leisure Hours regulars and Ebuggy guys having a calm meaningful conversation, amazing! Good job starting this thread Jason.
I will come at least once or twice a month over the winter to race Ebuggy. I think Russ has a good idea of having 2 designated Sat. each month, start that way and see how it goes. All of us Ebuggy guys should be courteous to the 1/10 racers and be self policing. I think we can all get along, especially if Ebuggy feels welcomed at LH.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chimer
Wow! Leisure Hours regulars and Ebuggy guys having a calm meaningful conversation, amazing! Good job starting this thread Jason.
I will come at least once or twice a month over the winter to race Ebuggy. I think Russ has a good idea of having 2 designated Sat. each month, start that way and see how it goes. All of us Ebuggy guys should be courteous to the 1/10 racers and be self policing. I think we can all get along, especially if Ebuggy feels welcomed at LH.
This isn't directed at just you but the negative comments are probably why you haven't been running. I have to give it to vert to go after this in a fantastic way.

I will be the first to say that even with my buggy I'm timid to pull my car off the track at the sign of fast SCT but thats me and mainly cause I don't run as fast as those guys. This is my personal opinion but at the same time I would rather see more classes run at all times. I think electric 1/8th is awesome and would love to jump in if a class develops.

Now as Vert said I think you would need ground rules on motor/batteries etc. I haven't checked but I'm sure Roar has rules and sanctions. I also think you should have some sort of organization where the ST/2wd buggy/wheelers have some practice time that is not the same as the 1/8th/4wd sct/sct
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

here is the simple answer....limit the ebuggys to a 2s lipo...all you have to do then is gear up and adj. some boost/timming...this is what RJD hobbies does and they get a full heat or more of ebuggys on fridays...

I had my ebuggy with me once and was said sorry no go! I was not very happy to say the least
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blktransam
here is the simple answer....limit the ebuggys to a 2s lipo...all you have to do then is gear up and adj. some boost/timming...this is what RJD hobbies does and they get a full heat or more of ebuggys on fridays...

I had my ebuggy with me once and was said sorry no go! I was not very happy to say the least
The issue isn't really the power, it was the lack of respect. If you do a 2s max guys will just get 5000+ kv motors and you won't have accomplished anything except making guys buy new motors and batteries. I think we all agree on here that the issue was mostly bashers and that racers carry a mutual respect for one another. That or just separate practice for 1/10 and 1/8 (maybe even throw 4wd sc in with them, but not 2wd sc) and there is no longer any issue. This doesn't need to be overcomplicated at all- no drastic rules changes, no forcing guys to buy new stuff. We merely needed a thread like this to calmly discuss how this can all work, and work well. Seems like it's happening to me. Just don't tell Cush cause he desperately wants an e buggy and right now I can just tell him "there's nowhere to race them..."
Old 07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

running a 2s on a huge motor will loose so much runtime its no feasable...just saying a 2s on a 1900 kv is plenty fast indoors...
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Double post

Last edited by Jonny5; 07-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I don't run 1/8 electric but why wouldn't a outfit like this except electric buggy and truggys. On nitro days they have rules about kids flipping nitro so why would it be any different. As far as the crashing that goes hand in hand with open practic. That's why theY have controlled. I would never buck down and get a 1/8 electric based on this topic.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I really don't want to change any of my electronics to run in the winter. If you limit the battery to 2s then I wouldn't race. My current set up is a Tekin RX8 with a 1900kv motor and a 4s 5000mah 40c battery. The motor is turned down to 80%.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
The issue isn't really the power, it was the lack of respect. If you do a 2s max guys will just get 5000+ kv motors and you won't have accomplished anything except making guys buy new motors and batteries. I think we all agree on here that the issue was mostly bashers and that racers carry a mutual respect for one another. That or just separate practice for 1/10 and 1/8 (maybe even throw 4wd sc in with them, but not 2wd sc) and there is no longer any issue. This doesn't need to be overcomplicated at all- no drastic rules changes, no forcing guys to buy new stuff. We merely needed a thread like this to calmly discuss how this can all work, and work well. Seems like it's happening to me. Just don't tell Cush cause he desperately wants an e buggy and right now I can just tell him "there's nowhere to race them..."
I agree completely...my 4s 1900kv buggy is actually slower than some of the 4wd sct up here at hobbytown.....

Not to change the subject but there is a place to run the ebuggies as I have been running mine weekly up here at hobbytown..so I say get Cush one as they are a blast...it seems that the interest should be there this fall judging by this thread.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

No need to set battery and motor rules. Just call people out for driving like idiots and when there is an obvious crowd, try some controlled practice as needed. This really isn't that hard. No need to point fingers or blame anyone.

As Rodney king said, can't we all just get along? Leisure is more than big enough to accomodate both e8th and 10th on same day.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx
I don't run 1/8 electric but why wouldn't a outfit like this except electric buggy and truggys. On nitro days they have rules about kids flipping nitro so why would it be any different. As far as the crashing that goes hand in hand with open practic. That's why theY have controlled. I would never buck down and get a 1/8 electric based on this topic.
Listen if you don't like it then don't chime in. We are looking for positive ways to expand the hobby and get it to all ways of life.

Chimer while I agree that changing electrics right off the bat isn't the right answer to have someone spend more and more money to play may not be the correct answer but how do you keep it equal between your 4s and person y's 2s battery? Im asking to be devil's advocate here. Obviously you look at 1/10th scale and its 2s and thats that. Mod obviously you know the motor, 17.5 etc. What can be done to keep the cost down and keep racing fair?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Listen if you don't like it then don't chime in. We are looking for positive ways to expand the hobby and get it to all ways of life.

Chimer while I agree that changing electrics right off the bat isn't the right answer to have someone spend more and more money to play may not be the correct answer but how do you keep it equal between your 4s and person y's 2s battery? Im asking to be devil's advocate here. Obviously you look at 1/10th scale and its 2s and thats that. Mod obviously you know the motor, 17.5 etc. What can be done to keep the cost down and keep racing fair?
I do not think any racer will attempt to run 2s in a ebuggy..that is why I suggested a motor rule.

A 4s 2050kv is similiar in speed to a 5s or 6s 1400 or 1500kv setup.so if too much speed is a issue limit motor kv depending on how many cells you are running.

I'm not sure any racer would try something stupid like a 2650 on 6s though.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

The only people running crazy fast motors and batteries would be bashers, an experienced racer won't have anything crazy fast. Ebuggies should be limited to veteran/experienced racers, you can't buy a Slash and then race an Ebuggy 2 weeks after you buy the Slash.
If you're going to have a rule on electronics then it has to be based on the relationship of the battery and motor. I don't think you should have a motor/battery rule, especially to start the winter season. See how it goes first and then make any rules/changes you see fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.