Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Northern Hobbies R/C Raceway - Suamico, Wi >

Northern Hobbies R/C Raceway - Suamico, Wi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northern Hobbies R/C Raceway - Suamico, Wi

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy_Konitzer
What about boat racing?????

Are there going to be any electrics racing this summer? If so, any opinions for running mod motors?

Troy & Quinn
I talked to dawn yesterday day, and they said they might run mod trucks with the gas trucks.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

I talked with a few mod electric racers last night and they said they were interested. We'll keep in touch here to see how it goes.

I know there are some very strong opinions about running mod electrics with gas stadium trucks and if we have a seperate class for mod electric only, it avoids the whole issue. I don't think we want to go there.

Quinn and I would do mod electric, IF Northern would run the class. The last few years, electric racing fizzled out a bit at Northern. We've only had a hand full of stock electric racers. I can't speak for John and Dawn, but I'm thinking there would have to be enough entries before they would even consider it.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I'm definitly in. Like Troy said, electrics haven't been that popular in the past year or 2. If we can round up some mod guys, we would probably get a lot more electric racers.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

I've seen one of them brushless 1/8 buggies last week, them look like fun.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

I just don't want to come out to the track ready to race and have not be enough people to run a class. That has happen to me a lot in the past, and it just gets frushrating, after you make room for the day or night for nothing.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Troy_Konitzer;4351027]I talked with a few mod electric racers last night and they said they were interested. We'll keep in touch here to see how it goes.

I know there are some very strong opinions about running mod electrics with gas stadium trucks and if we have a seperate class for mod electric only, it avoids the whole issue. I don't think we want to go there.

I was one of them. I talked to Troy last night at Dirt Heaven about racing mod electrics at Northern Hobbies . if there was a class, even if it was with elecrtic stadium trucks. I'll run my buggy there.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will there be any layout changes for the Pro Series race coming up? I really enjoyed the eight pack before the loop last year at the finals. I'm really wanting to make the trip up to you guys for the season opener. Josh, maybe I could pick up my placks from last year....Still got 'em?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Geo they are still sitting were I left them from last year. I will bring them for you.

As far as the track layout goes. We are looking at changing it (weather permitting) if we can’t get on it, we will freshen up what we have.

If anyone is interested in helping we will be working on it April 26th. This will be a great chance to see what you will have to endure the following week for Round 1 of the RC Pro Wisconsin Series.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quinn Konitzer
Yeah, I'm definitly in. Like Troy said, electrics haven't been that popular in the past year or 2. If we can round up some mod guys, we would probably get a lot more electric racers.
I won't mind runing Mod Electric. I WILL NOT RUN WITH GAS TRUCKS, OR BUGGIES THOUGH. If you have a seperate class for mod buggies, or truck that are electic. Count me in.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

The plan for the Electrics is there will be a Stock class for sure. This will consist of all 27t motors and factory motors that are on RTR vehicles for the time being.

The plan for the Mod Electics is they will run with Gas Truck, but will receive their own points.

Unless we have at least 4 then we will run them in their own class.

This is the plan for now due to the fact that every year everyone says they are going to run Mod then once the season comes there is not a single entry for Mod Electric for the entire season.

Any 1/8 Electric can run in their own class but will not receive any points for the series.

As of now this is the plan for all Electrics. However once the season starts we may have to adjust.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

We'll have to talk around so we can have more mod electrics race there.
I understand, like you said about everyone says they are coming and no one shows up too. That does get disappointing and frusterating.

Last edited by b4wires; 04-19-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: add a word
Old 04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Campers

The last time I was at Northern Hobbies, I noticed a lot of Campers in the parking area. Now that I have a camper, I'm dealing with black streaks from the sealer around the windows, lights, etc. The majority of the exterior is smooth fiberglass. I found that using Ajax bleach cleaner with a scotch brite pad worked, but it was a ton of work. Does anyone have any advice about cleaning black streaks off of the outside of your camper?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock
The last time I was at Northern Hobbies, I noticed a lot of Campers in the parking area. Now that I have a camper, I'm dealing with black streaks from the sealer around the windows, lights, etc. The majority of the exterior is smooth fiberglass. I found that using Ajax bleach cleaner with a scotch brite pad worked, but it was a ton of work. Does anyone have any advice about cleaning black streaks off of the outside of your camper?
I pretty sure there's places like Fleet Farm that have a product called "black streak remover" in the rv/camping accesories aisles. It works ok, but you still need to put some muscle into it.

Are any others planning on camping at the Pro Series opener?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm planning on making the trip up for the Pro Series opener. Does the shop have any 30% Nitrotane?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Geo,dont you think 30% Nitothang is overkill!!!!
20% should remove the "Black Streaks" just fine....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.