Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Off-Road Racing @ Leisure Hours Raceway >

Off-Road Racing @ Leisure Hours Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Off-Road Racing @ Leisure Hours Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
This is where I wee it differently Stu. Its not that I don't want to race against fast guys- I want to race in a class where the speed suits my ability. If Mason, Cory, Kochanski, or anyone else who is definitively a better driver wanted to run 13.5 wheeler- that's awesome. I heard multiple guys at the Futaba race whining that Nelson was racing Stock SC. I was happy about it, and had a great time racing against him.

Now guys will say you can run that in mod. True. I've made the A main in a club race in mod buggy running a stock buggy. But let's be honest- a stock buggy is in the way out there. Not to mention that many racers are not cogniscent of the fact that a slower car is out there, and the slower car gets run over on the straight, or pulling up on the triple.

Look, its not my track, and therefore not my decision nor my bottom line being affected. But this is a bad business decision any way you slice it. Alienating customers, or forcing them into a class that they don't want to run is not and never will be a great model. Other track owners and racers have embraced the class. I guess they will reap the benefits of a new revenue stream.
Quit whining and run the mod class. As said before, 13.5 is a training wheels class. With your experience, there is absolutely zero reason that you should be running and pineing for a new class. Man Up!
Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Man all the hate .... Give 13.5 wheeler a class!!!! Wheeler is on a roll now because of all the new car releases.Thats the only reason its hot now.Give all these new guys with 6.5s in there new wheelers a few 30.00-40.00 wrecks and see how long they stick around. Car will be up for sale and they are out!!! Gurantee it! Instead of them starting off in 13.5 and actually enjoying it and learning. Why does everyone in this hobby insist on pushing someone down a triple blackdiamond ski hill when they have never skied before?? 13.5 wheeler makes the most sense period!! Learn to walk before you run, it will be better for the hobby and growth of the class as well as keeping the skill sets seperate so everyone can have fun. Wheeler has a steep learning curve , especially if you have never driven one.Promote growth in wheeler and it will become a Regular Class!!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I thought that the policy was if enough show up to make a class then they can race. It seems like there are enough people that are willing to put their money where their mouth is. So I don't see why all the resistance to 13.5 wheeler. 4wd is hot right now, so shouldn't it be a class as their seems enough interest in 13.5 and mod. If/when it dies down then combine the class once again to 4wd mod. No matter what people's particular reason may be for racing this class, seems like people want to race this particular class, why so much resistance.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Well, in all fairness it isn't an entirely new type of class. Like if 6 ST's showed up, they'd be allowed to run. The potential to fracture the class is something that should be taken into consideration. I'm not sure having just an AMain of each would be great either.

I once heard a track owner say that sometimes he needed to make a decision in the best interest of a track. I'm thinking that was the logic here. Racers are a fickle bunch switching to the "hot" class every season. If 13.5 wheeler did run, would stock buggy and SC be as strong? Most spec racers seem to want to run other spec classes so it's probable that one of those classes would suffer. So instead of just fracturing wheeler, could this fracture stock as well?

I guess we need to see a consistent wheeler class before a 13.5 class should actually run. It took a little while to get stock buggy going. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

I just hope this class will be reconsidered if the class is strong enough and if the demand is still there.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default 6 STs

I believe 6 stadium trucks in one night is one of the 7 signs of the apocalypse.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whos up for some stock ebuggy next wednesday? Woot woot cant wait
Old 10-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just chillin with Michael jackson, eating popcorn
Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm
Attached Thumbnails Off-Road Racing @ Leisure Hours Raceway-image.jpg  
Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Was there this much hate about 17.5 2wd buggy when it started? Oh thats right, it was stock OR mod but that was many many years ago. When I first started racing I wasn't thrust into the mod class to ultimately be a back marker getting in the way. If I were, I would have stopped racing before I even got into.

Ive run wheeler at LHR with a 6.5 in the car. Yes it was awesome to pull the trigger but I wasnt wheeling the car on pace. Broke the car multiple occasions, frustrated with it and not being able to get the car dialed in, I gave up on wheeler and shelved it. Finally got tired of it collecting dust and sold it. The idea of 13.5 wheeler has lit a fire in me to run wheeler again. I will run 13.5 where I can.

Side note; 32 mod buggies - 28 blinkie buggies at my race, why is it acceptable in 2wd but BASHED in 4wd?

This is and will be the only post I make on this topic.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gottwins?
I believe 6 stadium trucks in one night is one of the 7 signs of the apocalypse.
SIGN ME UP....mine is ready.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default ST

Originally Posted by RichS
SIGN ME UP....mine is ready.
I saw Cody's for sale.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

im so glad this is being put to rest there is no stock wheeler class at leisure thank god for that all the crying was driving me nuts.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by golferdude1971
Quit whining and run the mod class. As said before, 13.5 is a training wheels class. With your experience, there is absolutely zero reason that you should be running and pineing for a new class. Man Up!

Old 10-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gottwins?
LOL
Old 10-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Used to love running 13.5 stadium truck. There were not enough mod trucks, so they put mod with 13.5 and said no more 13.5 class, mod only! Now my ST sits in the closet. If there is enough for a class, let them run! To turn away customers and business revenue makes zero sense to me. If your car is too fast for you, and you feel in the way, you are not having fun. People need the intermediate classes to grow into mod gradually so they don't become frustrated. If it's mod or nothing, I'll take nothing. I just want to have a good time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.