Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2011 R/C X Fest, Cambridge, Mn. is Cancelled >

2011 R/C X Fest, Cambridge, Mn. is Cancelled

2011 R/C X Fest, Cambridge, Mn. is Cancelled

Old 07-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2011 R/C X Fest, Cambridge, Mn. is Cancelled

I’m sorry to announce that we are cancelling this year’s R/C X fest in Cambridge Mn. Myself and the FHF crew that has worked so hard to make this event possible for 6 straight years does NOT want to give up on this great event, but unfortunately the huge amount time, effort and financing required to make it all happen is just NOT there this year. I have wrestled with this for the last month and have decided I don’t want to change the event to a different location, or change the track or any of the other fun events we do over the weekend to try and cut corners to save on time and expenses. The fairgrounds have worked out great for this event and the atmosphere and racing at X Fest/X Games has been simply awesome! Last year’s attendance was way down and it put us in a tough spot and we are still recovering from it. I have talked with the Fairgrounds Committee and to hold our spot, I will be signing a lease and putting a deposit down on next year’s Labor Day Weekend for the 2012 R/C X Fest. I hope we can come back next year to the Fairgrounds with a great turnout and once again host some of the best racing action in the upper Midwest. A big thanks to all the racers that have supported this event over the last 6 years, especially all the different clubs from Wisc that have supported us over the years, with out you guys I don't think the event would have made it this long, you guys are awesome! Thanks everyone for your understanding.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Mike, I know that had to be a tough decision. I just want to say thanks for 5 of the best racing weekends I've ever had! So many good memories there! Thanks for all the hard work you and your family have put into this event! Good luck to you and hopefully this will return next year!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I haven't had to make plans for Labor Day for the last 5 years. It boggles my mind to figure out what could even come close to the fun of X-Fest.

Moto
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)