Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default RCX Chicago 2011

RCX coming to Chicago on August 6th.

Attractions Are listed below

HORIZON OFF-ROAD “TRY ME” TRACK
Step up and test your skills with all the hottest Losi and Electrix RC vehicles on this 30×50 ft. off-road dirt track.

Sponsored by Horizon Hobby

HORIZON “FLY ME” ARENA

Get an up-close and personal look at all the latest from the Blade, Force and E-flite lines of planes and helis.

Sponsored by Horizon Hobby

OFF-ROAD DIRT TRACK
This is the only place where you can see professional racers compete head to head and watch demos and stunts showcasing the hottest new nitro and electric cars. It all goes down at this awesome 80×60 ft. off-road dirt track.

Sponsored by RC car Action

EXTREME OUTDOOR FLY ARENA
See large nitro and electric helicopters and planes do insane stunts, demos and so much more in this outdoor extreme flyzone.

Sponsored by Model Air Paine News

TRAXXAS OFF-ROAD “TRY ME” TRACK

Attendees can test-drive the new Traxxas Monster Jam models—Grave Digger, Monster Mutt, Maximum Destruction and Grinder! Everyone is welcome to take a spin on this 25×40 ft. dirt track.

Sponsored by Traxxas

INDOOR FLY ARENA
Witness the latest indoor electric planes and helis do sick aerial tricks in this indoor flyzone!

Sponsored by Electric Flight

ROCK CRAWLING MOUNTAIN

Watch the pros climb a 30×40 ft. mountain in this amazing competition and scale rock-crawling.

Sponsored and Hosted by Axial, and SCRC

KYOSHO DNANO TRACK
Don’t miss some of the smallest RC cars on Earth compete head-to-head on this 1/43-scale on-road track.

Sponsored by Als Hobby Shop

RC TRACTOR PULL
This is your chance to see nitro tractors pulling sleds weighing 400+ lb. across the dirt!

Hosted by Outlaw

RC DRAG RACING
Head to this 280×20 ft. outdoor track to see pro dragsters and their nitro dragsters reach speeds in excess of 80mph. You have to see it to believe it!

Hosted by Lynwood Rc Dragway

MINI RC RACING AND “TRY ME” TRACK
Watch the area’s most advanced micro RC drivers compete head-to-head on this giant RCP Track. You can also step up to the “try me” track to hone your mini RC driving skills!

Hosted by Chicago Mini RC

RCX CHALLENGE
Watch top-notch drivers race on this outdoor 1/10th scale racetrack. You’ll be able to burn up the asphalt yourself on the “try me” track between races!

Hosted by Strictly RC

BASH-A-PALOOZA
This is the ultimate RC bashing event made for the “anti-racer!” Bash-A-Palooza includes several smaller events such as Monster Truck Soccer, a no-holds-barred demolition derby, side-by-side obstacle course racing and ends with a long jump competition! Shelf queens need not apply. Expect to see tons of fast-paced action and vehicle carnage!

Hosted by Bigsquid RC

MONSTER TRUCK DEMO
In this exciting demo, the National Radio Control Truck Pulling Association brings your favorite monster trucks down to scale. See highly modified and custom monster trucks race and freestyle through ramps, jumps, obstacles and crushed car sets!

Sponsored by TEKIN

Hosted by MR/CTPA

Show is hosted at the Odeum center in villa park. from 10am to 8pm

Last edited by Kraig; 08-04-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...th-2011-a.html

I will be posting some exciting new information here about this show this week including an opportunity to win some Major prizes!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

do you have any bring your stuff and race tracks or is it all try me tracks
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There will be a 1/10 on road race...
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rob... any idea what classes will there be at the RCX?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro neil
do you have any bring your stuff and race tracks or is it all try me tracks
There is a on road and off road race On road will be open to anyone to race but will probably be limited to how many people can actually race. Due to the event being only 1 day.
Off road I will find out what they are doing and post back up
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Rob... any idea what classes will there be at the RCX?
usual on road classes like 17.5 , VTA, USGT, F1, Mini, possible mod tc but all the details are being worked out now.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gotta run mod TC. Its an exhibition. People are gonna want to see what its all about. VTA might be fun to race, but lets face it, people won't stand in line to see it. Now...put some crazy fast mods out there and people will tell their friends that it needs to be checked out. That's what RCX is all about. SHOW ME SOMETHING COOL!!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Mod TC would definetly attract attention. So would a VTA race with Rob & Natt running nose to tail for eight minutes along with multiple postion battles thru out the field with a great announcer like Eric or Mike calling the action

Originally Posted by Bri from Chi
Gotta run mod TC. Its an exhibition. People are gonna want to see what its all about. VTA might be fun to race, but lets face it, people won't stand in line to see it. Now...put some crazy fast mods out there and people will tell their friends that it needs to be checked out. That's what RCX is all about. SHOW ME SOMETHING COOL!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Finally this is coming to the midwest I always remember seeing the pics/videos from the RCX expo in cali. and wishing I could go

Just speaking from past experiences going to chicago... The Amtrak is one of the best/cheaper ways to get into Chicago. Most of the time a cab/bus to where-ever your going is cheaper than driving down there and paying $texas for parking.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you think Jucha will let me borrow one of his mod TC's for this? I want to enter the no-holds-barred demolition derby.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I may have to check this out.
Originally Posted by whitrzac
Finally this is coming to the midwest I always remember seeing the pics/videos from the RCX expo in cali. and wishing I could go

Just speaking from past experiences going to chicago... The Amtrak is one of the best/cheaper ways to get into Chicago. Most of the time a cab/bus to where-ever your going is cheaper than driving down there and paying $texas for parking.
Good points but its actually in Villa park. Close to 294. Should be easy to get to by car.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjk1210
Do you think Jucha will let me borrow one of his mod TC's for this? I want to enter the no-holds-barred demolition derby.
lol all the power to ya mike!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bri from Chi
Except..that parking lot is not the best to run on road racing. I would say running SCT with on road tires works better. I live only 5 minutes away from that place.

Last event they had is some WWF match....seriously.

P.S....SPEED PASSION will be there at booth # "we won't know until the week of the RCX". And we will have our driver there, both on road and off road. And I will be at the HOT DOG Department at whole time. We will have several new prototype and brand new RC vehicle(s) to show at RCX.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

There will be Tons of product Given away with this Fundraiser!!! I will be posting up specifics next week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.