Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Wisconsin Carpet Championship Series? >

Wisconsin Carpet Championship Series?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wisconsin Carpet Championship Series?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I think this is a great idea but maybe you could include a few of the tracks in northern Illinois as we would love to get involved. Just a side note Brad Johnson Was talking to AJ at the onoroad challenge a few weeks ago about this exact thing. In my opinion it has to be a points series to encourage people to travel to all the tracks. just my .02 cents.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's funny, I was kind of thinking of the same thing in the last couple weeks.

Just make the drop generous enough so that the guys from Greenbay won't necessarily have to go to Aj's and vice versa.

If you went Oshkosh, Trackside, RSJ, AJ's, The Den, and Roadrage that would be six races. Maybe best 4 of 6 would work??
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am sure you guys heard about the NITRO racing series around the Tri-states area called 'Mid West Series..." right?
It is like their 685th seasons (yes, I was kidding...but they are around mid west for a long long time..)

They have 6 races (stops/tracks) in 4 different states...1 race (point race) per month and in different track/state. Then add the points total and take the best 4.....whos got the most points and that is the champion.

I think you guys can do exactly the same thing, but only electric...
And I am sure all of the tracks/locations/clubs you guys mentioned above are capable to host any of the race..........you just have to find out how many stops, how many states, may be 1 of the track will host more then 1 race, but that is not really necessary if there are enough track to host a 5-8 race.

There is no reason to host a FINAL race at any specific trac or club...because it is a point sereis...who finished with the most points win...

I am just not sure 1 race per month for electric indoor ppl is TOO far apart or not (for Nitro ppl, that is good enough)...may be you guys can make it 1 race every 3 weeks or every 2 weeks or so...
They have platque (trophy) for the top 3 finishes of each class and the TQ's. (and I think that is the reason they can only do that once a month...)

Checkout their website for all the rules and setup...

Transponder system (AMB-it) is a MUST...each club should have that system or something similar.

http://www.midwestseries.com/welcome.html

P.S.....it is their 35th season this year....the series is older then me....LOL.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Ya . This sounds like a great idea. I was just working with Road Rage to set up a "41 Special" race series with them kinda like there was between Trackside and MARCA sometime ago. But more tracks sounds good. I am not sure I want to put this together by myself. Any interested parties to form a committeee or maybe we have a brave soul to take the project on. It sounds like everybody wants it we just need to figure out how far out we want to go, when , and the points structure with or without throw outs or how many. Lets get the wheels turning before too much time passes by.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys this is a good idea. All we need is to set it up. If your interested in getting involved email me at [email protected]
Chuck Bille
Old 10-01-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, this sounds like fun. I'd be interested in competing in something a little higher level than normal weekend racing, but not like the Triple Crown series where you have to drive all over the place and race with the likes of Cyrul and Blackstock. Having a regional type thing like this, where even the farthest 2 tracks only 4 hours or so apart, is ideal.

DO IT!!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well at this point I guess we need some of the track owners who come on here (Scotty, Kevin, Jason, et-al) to voice whether they are interested in hosting this thing and start talking between each other. The thing that I think makes this better than the old I-94 challenge is that it's not a X-Track VS Y-Track, it's everyone for themselves. Here's what I think "should" be run for classes:

Stock Rubber
Stock Foam
19-T Rubber
19-T Foam
Modified Foam

I don't see enough interest in other classes at all the tracks to run more than these. Even modified would be a stretch. My other thought, to keep this as a true "Wisconsin Championship"...you need to reside in Wisconsin. What do you guys think?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

You missed one. 12th scale. Im not sure about the Wisconsin only deal tho. There are alot of guys that race at Trackside every week that arent from Wisconsin. Maybe give em a clause that they have to be a regular Wisconsin racer.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Live in Wisconsin? that means no Johnson, Jucha,Zorich,Kane, Heiser,Koch,Mcgreavy etc.... cool maybe we have a chance to do well Seriously I dont think that rule is a good idea
Old 10-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Come on now, Gary needs all the help he can get to win this thing!

I think someone needs to step up and call the track owners, don't expect them to come on here and post.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

I am willing to contact all the tracks. I know Jason at Road Rage, Bill at Oshkosh, and Scotty at Trackside. But I need a contact number or email for the Den , MARCA, and RGS (who and where is that anyway?) I agree with keeping it to Wisconsin tracks. I would like to limit it to non sponsored drivers but to what level? More input guys. help me out with suggestions. We need to roll this thing soon to get it in once a month through next spring. Chuck
Old 10-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

What do you consider "sponsored drivers"? I doubt that you would have much of a turn out if you enforce this rule.

Last edited by ottoman; 10-02-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

RSJ is in Illinois.

My point was to have a "Wisconsin" championship, that was the only reason why I mentioned the residency thing at all. But if it's going to include Wi and Il tracks, I guess it doesn't matter. My idea was to help promote the in-state tracks and hobby shops and increase awareness of those facilities. But then again, I am just suggesting stuff, after "The Mile", I am not going to be organizing anything. Just need someone to "Git r dun"

Craig, I disagree to a point. I know at least 3 of the track owners come on and post on Tech...And after speaking to two of them they are aware of this thread...Just waiting to see what the interest level is.

Old 10-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcracenut
I agree with keeping it to Wisconsin tracks. I would like to limit it to non sponsored drivers but to what level? Chuck
Gary read the quote.... they dont want "sponsored drivers"
Old 10-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

didn't see that.

Have the race for unsponsored drivers? There's a Tamiya race at Trackside in February for that. The goal is to crown a state...well I guess it's gotten to be a Wisconsin + RSJ thing now....Champion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.