Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
April 30th 2nd Annual HobbyTown USA/Time Warp RC Charity Race >

April 30th 2nd Annual HobbyTown USA/Time Warp RC Charity Race

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 30th 2nd Annual HobbyTown USA/Time Warp RC Charity Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sorry, I won't be able to race. I will stop by and donate though.
Should I bring food to donate or is $$ preferred?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mainly MT
Im sorry for the lack of details but I got a mod 2wd SCT
wishbones supersoft or hot bodies beams in pink
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

I'm in for stock buggy and wheeler.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jwood7
wishbones supersoft or hot bodies beams in pink

Great I got a set ready thanks for the help BTW Ill be there as well
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Don't forget to bring some cans of food.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a reminder that the doors open at 8am tomorrrow and races are to start at 11am. I would also like to ask that everyone stay within the marked off pit spaces as we might be a little tight on pit space.

Thank You,
Shawn Conley
Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Thank You

I would like to thank everyone who came by and raced with us today we had a lot of great races with everyone coming up short in both buggy races to Mike you guy's have Nochanski. Mike TQ'd 4wd and took the win over Wood and Hollingsworth. Wood managed to wrestle the lead away from Mike who lead from the start just past halfway but a bobble by Jeff let Mike back by as he was hounding him to get the lead back.

In 2wd stock buggy it was Mike Hollingsworth taking the TQ over the tight 23 buggy field. But again it was Mike Kochanski taking the win over Brian Jucha and Paul Remias. Jucha took the lead on the first lap from the 2nd starting spot while Kochanski had to work his way up from the 5th starting spot. Brian and Mike swapped the lead back and forth for the better of the 5min contest with Mike taking the lead for good on lap 15.

Stock short course went to Paul Remias with fast qualifier Ryan Pratl coming home in 2nd and Mike Budzien in 3rd. Ryan lead from the start with Paul taking over the top spot at lap 19 to lead the final 5 laps.

Mod short course was an all Wood event with Jeff taking TQ and leading from wire to wire with Hollingsworth and Tyler Busch finishing 2nd and 3rd.

In 4x4 short course it was substitute driver Mike the Painter taking the win over Tyler and Mike Fahey. Tyler lead from the first lap coming from the 4th starting position while fast qualifier Mike had a rough start and had to fight his way back from as far back as 5th. Painter started 2nd where he ran until taking over the lead at lucky lap 13 and never looking back. At the finish all that could be heard was iiieee iiieee iiieee as the President of Skull Racing gave his fellow competitor's a Skull Racing Salute.

The sportsman event went pretty much wire to wire with the way they started as the way they finished Tim Chin 1st Jordan Booker 2nd and Anthony DelGiudice in 3rd.

It was great to see some new racers as the summer racing schedules start to hit us with Brian’s program at Strictly starting tomorrow and Bob Woodhouse’s Outback season starting as well. I hope to get the HobbyTown group out to all the local tracks to race this summer as we appreciate everyone’s support with the start of our new facility this winter.

Thank You,
Shawn Conley
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
04 30 11.pdf (103.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for having me Shawn, had a near-perfect race day save a couple of mechanical hiccups (sorry about holding the show up in Rd3 with a bent driveshaft in hotlaps). Great facility with some skilled racers

Hope the food pantry got as much out of it as I did!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just wanted to say thanks to Shawn for a smooth an great day of racing. Definitly will try to come up and race again. Had a great race going on in the main until some lap traffic cause my loss of the lead, but still a good day.