AJ's Raceway in DeKalb, IL

Old 10-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 12th Scale

Walt, good to here from you. As far as 12th scale goes it is an open mod class so the brushless motors will be allowed. Also as far as time goes we will run 8 minute races. If you need any thing else let me know.

AJ
Old 10-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default OUtdoor under the lights

Just thought i would post a picture of the cars running outside under the new lights from saturday night.
Attached Thumbnails AJ's Raceway in DeKalb, IL-outdoor-track-under-lights-007.jpg  
Old 10-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: OUtdoor under the lights

Originally posted by Ajudd11
Just thought i would post a picture of the cars running outside under the new lights from saturday night.
Man, that looks cool!!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: OUtdoor under the lights

WOW....Very cool!!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

That was by far the coolest thing i ever ran, unlike what the picture might show there was not a dark spot out there, it was like racing at the daytona night race....way to cool
Old 10-11-2004, 02:38 PM

Talking Bright Lights!

This Sat. my son and I went out to AJ's. That place is still one of the coolest tracks around. The lights outside are insane. I heard he is going to run an onroad / oval Sat. night program next year. If that's the case, he will get a great turn out. Nothing beats running under the lights.

Also, I incourage everyone to head out to AJ's for racing and practicing. We got to practice until 9:00 pm on Sat. How cool is that!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Sweet!

What time did you guys run under the lights? Makes me regret leaving when I did Saturday night! You guys must have gone out just after I left. That looks sweet, though. Can't wait to try it myself.

Chuck
Old 10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow...probably the ONLY outdoor track that equipped with LIGHTS in the mid-west......and that is definitely AWESOME.

However, summer nitro season is over.........what exactly is the schedule of this outdoor track from AJ (at night or daytime)?

I think sometimes I would like to do some nitro running for practice...but can I just go out there, pay $xx of practice fee and run all day long?

Thanks AJ.....that is one cool track at night.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Default NIght racing

well, outdoor season is technically done for the season and indoor has started, so i don't beleive practice will be allowed as long as guys are running indoor. The Lights were installed at this time so they would be 100% ready for next season as the rumor has it AJ will run onroad next year every Saturday night, and off-road every Sunday.

CHUCK - We waited till you left...lol, no we went out about 8:30 when it was nice and dark.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

AJ, that looks AWSOME!!!!!!!!

So if the weather is good are you going to run again this Sat night?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Does AJ's have an oderless traction compound rule?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Compound rule

There is NO rule for odorless traction compound
Old 10-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Initiate

There is no odorless traction compound rule here at AJ's

Curt - technically the outdoor track is closed as well as the offroad track. with that said i have yet to get tired of seeing the track all lit up. We might go run a few laps but I'm not sure at this point so i guess my answer is maybe but figure on no, just in case things are busy.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the lights, i feel this will be well worth the money spent as next season we will race under the lights every saturday night....

Oval classes are also under development for next season under the lights.

AJ
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There is no odorless traction compound rule here at AJ's

Curt - technically the outdoor track is closed as well as the offroad track. with that said i have yet to get tired of seeing the track all lit up. We might go run a few laps but I'm not sure at this point so i guess my answer is maybe but figure on no, just in case things are busy.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the lights, i feel this will be well worth the money spent as next season we will race under the lights every saturday night....

Oval classes are also under development for next season under the lights.

AJ
Does that mean I can walk up to the driver stand and run my nitro car as long as the track is dry, sun is shinning and no snow appeared on the ground? I don't mine to drop in $5-8 for just using the track for practice....the track is there, might as well might some money, right...?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Track photos

The track does look great under the lights. One comment though: you have GOT to update the pictures on your web site.. they are doing you a great disservice the way they are right now. The link to your outdoor track photos still shows the old 'tri-oval' with no road course at all.

Also, any chance you can start posting results on your site after each race? I did it all summer long for my track, so I realize it's a slight pain in the rear, but I think it's worth it. I know everyone was on my case if I didn't have those results up the next day, so I know they were looking at them.

I hope I'll be out there soon with my brushless 1/12th scale (I'm gonna give it a try), and probably my touring car too (wish I could run a brushless in that.. those touring cars are just so hard on brushed motors... oh well... I guess I'm just lazy and don't want to have to clean, true, replace brushes etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.