Search

Midwest Short Course National

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Midwest Short Course National

Hey guys,

We are going to be having a Midwest Shortcourse National at our track Saturday July 16th. There will be event T Shirts, Awards, and giveaways!

Hope to see you for a great time!

The Event Flier can be downloaded here:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...yFormflier.jpg
Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxtoeknee
Hey guys,

We are going to be having a Midwest Shortcourse National at our track Saturday July 16th. There will be event T Shirts, Awards, and giveaways!

Hope to see you for a great time!

The Event Flier can be downloaded here:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...yFormflier.jpg
This looks like it will be a good time and some great sc racing action.can the flyer be printed off and put up in the local hobby shops so others can see it as well? and does the entry fee have to be prepaid or can you sighn up the morning or the race? you might want to add some motel info for the out of town racers that want to spend the night either before or after the event. thinkin i will plan on racing the event. btw i need a 3xl long shirt
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know Tony said you can mail in entries and it will be available on rcsignup.com as well.

I'm sure they are working on getting a racer rate at on of the motels close, there are several to choose from.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is this a one day event? And what are you going to use for rules for Stock? Tires, chassis? Boost/Turbo?

will the track be open the day prior for practice?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Where is this?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ft dodge iowa
Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojo 309
This looks like it will be a good time and some great sc racing action.can the flyer be printed off and put up in the local hobby shops so others can see it as well? and does the entry fee have to be prepaid or can you sighn up the morning or the race? you might want to add some motel info for the out of town racers that want to spend the night either before or after the event. thinkin i will plan on racing the event. btw i need a 3xl long shirt
Yes you can print off the flyer and post it if you would. You can sign up at the race. I will be posting hotel info as soon as I work out a deal for the racers. Its gonna be a blast.

Tony
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Midwest Short Course nats

I will probably open the track for practice Friday afternoon. I just want it to be fair for everyone. Not everyone can make it a whole weekend, so thats why I made it a 1 day race. Plus, racing under the lights is awesome for the mains.

In stock, I am thinking an honor system where the top 5 go to a table after the race, for competitors to look over, and can protest. I am alright with aftermarket tires, but want to keep it stock spec motors no timing, no boost. If there is enough call for a strictly stock class, I dont have a problem creating one. Any insight from people will be taken into consideration.

The track is the most fun Ive ever raced a shortcourse on! The layout wont have really super big jumps (Ok maybe one if you got the nads ), because you never know if wind will be an issue, but I guarantee it will be dialed.

Pretty much any tire works here, so no stress about what to get. Im a J Concept Driver, and like Subcultures the best.

Im working on getting racer discounts to a few hotels within a mile from the track. Ill post more info as soon as details are worked out.

There are easily 100 short course drivers in Iowa alone. We also have guys coming from Minnesota, Nebraska and Missouri. Competition will be fast, and we will all have a great time.

Jason Chandler will be announcing and will be the race Director, be prepared for plenty of laughs there. LOL

If you have any more questions, please feel free to let me know.

The track is located at the 4H Fairgrounds and is called Fort Dodge R/C Raceway. The address to the track is 22770 Old Highway 169 Fort Dodge, IA 50501

You can mail entry form with payment and T Shirt size to

Fort Dodge R/C
c/o Tony Bacon
1710 5th Ave South
Fort Dodge, IA 50501

Thanks for the interest!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tire, motor and ESC Rules for Stock would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Midwest Short Course nats

I will be adding a stock spec only class to the rcsignup page. Im getting a lot more interest. I will also add a Novice class for beginners that would like to attend.

Early entries have been received my mail already.

Gonna be a great time.

Thanks

T
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Midwest Short Course Nats

Stock Class Rules will be as followed:

1.) ROAR Legal 17.5 or OEM Brushed - No Timing NO Boost

2.) Stock Kit Tires

3.) 2 cell Lipo or 6 Cell - NO 7 Cell Packs

4.) Full Fender SCT Body

5.) No 1/8 Tires and wheels for any classes

Sponsors are still coming in! Absolutehobbyz.com kindly donated a Kyosho SC truck as a giveaway! Much more to come!

T

Last edited by mxtoeknee; 02-23-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

this is going to be a fun event. we already have confirmed entries from iowa, illinois, nebraska and oklahoma.
here is a link for rc signup to make things easier. just make sure we know your shirt size!!
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1868
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Midwest Short Course Nats

Alright guys! Track build for the Short Course Nats Layout begins next week! We are gonna have a great layout, a great time and awesome giveaways!

Our sponsor list for the Nats and items are as followed

Absolute Hobbyz.com
J Concepts
Castle Creations
Team Associated
Byron's Fuels
VP Pro
Horizon Hobby
Great Planes

These sponsors are putting up a lot of items as giveaways - T Shirts, Tires, Bodies, Speed Controls, and a new Kyosho Ultima SC Truck just to name a few!!!

If you havent signed up on RC Signup, please do, dont worry about paying until your are at the race! Ive received a ton of mail signups, gonna be a great time!

Again this is during our Webster County Fair so there will be a lot of spectators! Plenty to eat at the facility, but several restaraunts within a mile.

Hotels for anyone that is wishing to stay are below and are also within a mile of the track.

As always, if you have any questions, give me a shout.

Hotels:

AMERICINN - 515-576-2100
AMERICA'S BEST VALUE INN - 515-955-3621
BUDGET HOST & CELLAR RESTARAUNT - 515-955-8501

RESTARAUNTS IN THE AREA - MCDONALDS, SUBWAY, CELLAR, CASEY'S PIZZA AND MY FAVORITE TOM THUMB/DAIRY QUEEN.

TRACK ADDRESS:
4H FAIRGROUNDS - 22770 OLD HIGHWAY 169, FORT DODGE, IA 50501

Pre-entry for t-shirts are over guys, thanks for those that paid in advance

Tony Bacon
Fort Dodge R/C
515-570-9716
[email protected]
Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Nats

Just received a box from Horizon of goodies, and they are GOODIES!!!

Ill be posting pics of the track later next week so yall can start burning laps!

T
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Nats

We've had a lot of people call from outside of Iowa that are interested in coming up the day before, so anyone that is interested, we will be running practice from 12pm Friday til dark. If anyone else has questions feel free to contact me at the numbers below.

Tony Bacon
515-576-0202 day
515-570-9716 anytime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.