Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Enduro Race??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Short Course Enduro Race??

So Race Em is thinking about new race ideas to change it up a little and add some excitement to the racing scene.. I was thinking about trying an Enduro Short Course race. Something like an hour long race. 2 drivers and mandatory pit every 10 min. 3 min pit times and race restarts from pit road. This is a work in progress but i wanted to throw it out here to see what everyone thought. Let me know your thoughts guys!
Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Justin;
Why the 3 min pit stops?
Just have it where every one has to stop every 10 min, change a battery and then get back to racing. This way if you can pit faster than someone else you could make up some lost time/laps.
Limiting it to a 3min pit stop just makes the enduro 6-10min races.

This could lead to some inovated battery setups.
Just my thoughts
Bob Oaks
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bob o
Justin;
Why the 3 min pit stops?
Just have it where every one has to stop every 10 min, change a battery and then get back to racing. This way if you can pit faster than someone else you could make up some lost time/laps.
Limiting it to a 3min pit stop just makes the enduro 6-10min races.

This could lead to some inovated battery setups.
Just my thoughts
Bob Oaks
you can remove the battery 4 times faster on a slash, than you can on a blitz. blitz you need to unscrew two screws, the slash you just pull a body clip...
and it isn't exactly like 6-10min races, because if you go down a lap, you're still down a lap when you restart, ect.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes but if you are down a lap, with a quick pitstop you might be able to get back on the lead lap.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well what we could do is just race them.. You pit when you pit. But what about doing like Lucas Oil Off road series where they do a mandatory pit stop half way thru the race to bunch them all back up. With that i was thinking you could do something like nascar. The people off pace lap, the one who is the closest to pace lap gets bumped up to pace lap automaticly??

This could go a bunch of different ways. But I think it could be a really fun race. Mabey even make it a Purse race or something. Just run like 2 qualifiers, Mod and Stock. Then run 2 Enduros. Keep the ideas coming. I really want to give it a shot!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I like the run til ya hafta stop approach. Nothing I hate to see more than a mandatory pit stop in racing.

What about a team race where you have teams of 2. 1 driver and 1 Pit/ marshall and only your marshall is allowed to flip your truck after a crash run the race of 20 minutes..

Or for something wild how bout a RC trailer race..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was never quite fond of multi-driver teams because you see 2 top drivers pair up and you figure, "oh, great."

If we had enough enduros in a year, folks might work on quick-change systems. I think an enduro would be fun, but should be regular. I'd like where you could either be your own team or have the option to have multi-person teams. Might need volunteer marshals or need to tip a marshal for helping you. About 45-60 minutes seems OK. Longer would be fun, but not if someone is already 50 laps ahead. Maybe there could be a point where you call "skunk", that is, if you are a certain amount up on the field, you can call a win, pull off, and let the others duke it out. Or maybe not. Very fun topic.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So to solve the top two teaming up you take points into account.. Say the #1 in the weeks prior main has to team with the lowest seeded racer from the prior week ( Thats at the event of coarse ) and so on..

In any event it would be alot of fun
Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

So has anyone ever run a SCT longer than 6 min races. Might be pitting just to cool the motor down.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

we run 7 min "A" mains all the time at CCX...

but I like this idea of a big ass race.. sounds like fun.. i bet there will be people gearing too much motor and having issues with finishing
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

There are tracks around im sure that have done it. In fact one in Oshkosh WI is doing one next weekend. I am going to try and make it up there to check things out. BUt raper is right, its not just about pitting for battery swap. but to make sure you dont gear wrong and kill a motor! I bet there will be alot of freeze cans in the pits!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve C
So has anyone ever run a SCT longer than 6 min races. Might be pitting just to cool the motor down.
How many people are on the track 20 minutes practicing? Should be no problem. Last time we had the 13- minute marshalless race, about 4 trucks finished while taking it only slightly easy.

ADD: not trying to divert, but for smaller turnouts short on marshals, what about a 4-stage Lucky13 -- 13 minutes no marshal or self marshal with a break in between each leg to recharge and repair. 52 minutes of racing say over a 2-hour window.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
I was never quite fond of multi-driver teams because you see 2 top drivers pair up and you figure, "oh, great."
I like the idea of an enduro race, it sounds like a fun idea. To combat the possibility of what Bob is thinking about, how about an approach something like this: You could run a 6 or 10 minute qualifier race, you take the person that TQ'ed and pair them with the person that qualified last. Then you take the person that qualified second and pair them with the person that qualified 2nd to last and you continue to do so until all are matched. Of course you would need to make a rule about the max amount of time a driver can drive in the enduro race to keep the TQ from driving 55 minutes of the 60 minute race and you would need to insure an even number of entries for the race. Although pairing an A main driver with a C or D main driver would most likely frustrate the hell out of the A main driver, I would think that the C or D main driver could stand to learn a lot from them. Maybe a model such as this would keep the top two drivers from pairing up and kicking everyone's butt.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

having a team of two people will be nice because you won't have to Marshall the whole time when your team's turn comes up.

the gun will be finding the right motor efficiency. this is something we def will try to fit in this season at race em.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

I might have to try one. If the track could be run backwards, a 4-stage race could run every other leg in the opposite direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.