Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DIRT DAWGS 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for stepping up to provide some leadership for the club this year. I would really hate to see the Dirt Dawgs fizzle out after so many years of great fun. Good group of guys and I've always enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of our races. We are fortunate that Mr. Heine let's us use his land to have such a large track.

I think you are on the right track by trying to make the track more friendly for 1/10 vehicles as I think that could attract more racers.

The weather was not kind to us last summer at all and it definitely made maintenance difficult.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Thanks for stepping up to provide some leadership for the club this year. I would really hate to see the Dirt Dawgs fizzle out after so many years of great fun. Good group of guys and I've always enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of our races. We are fortunate that Mr. Heine let's us use his land to have such a large track.

I think you are on the right track by trying to make the track more friendly for 1/10 vehicles as I think that could attract more racers.

The weather was not kind to us last summer at all and it definitely made maintenance difficult.
+1
Less rain will be a big help this year....

Did you talk to Jeff about running up at Trackside on the 22nd??
Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 92 vert
+1
Less rain will be a big help this year....

Did you talk to Jeff about running up at Trackside on the 22nd??
yeah. I think we are going to go up there for that race.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
yeah. I think we are going to go up there for that race.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is our Dirt Dawgs track b4 the season ended after a rebuild. Should be in good shape for this year if the weather dont hit us again like last year!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXJuzSIX95k
Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

I like that layout....both 1/8 and 1/10 friendly
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You guys should call some local Escavator contractors and get some fill. I had 8 of 30 loads brought in for free. I decided I didn't need that much.
The contractors usualy have to pay to dump the loads some where so they are more than happy to give it away most of the time.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
You guys should call some local Escavator contractors and get some fill. I had 8 of 30 loads brought in for free. I decided I didn't need that much.
The contractors usualy have to pay to dump the loads some where so they are more than happy to give it away most of the time.
we have about a 15-20 foot moutain of dirt on the west side of the track, our previous lay out had big/tall jumps and a big bank. But we leveled the track to redesign it and get rid of some of the weeds. The track could use a few more little tripple's after the back straight away?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ftank
we have about a 15-20 foot moutain of dirt on the west side of the track, our previous lay out had big/tall jumps and a big bank. But we leveled the track to redesign it and get rid of some of the weeds. The track could use a few more little tripple's after the back straight away?
I meant to help build up the track area or build a dike for the creek. Then the rainy weather won't be as much of an issue. I don't know how much smaller the track was going to be or if you were going to split the track into 2 sections shorter for 1/10 and longer for 1/8.
Just a suggestion.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think one of the major issues is the path to get to the track is our real main issue. Gets to muddy.
Jason as you already know we got the thumbs up for this year and lets see if we can get this rolling. I also like to see if we can move the track up some. Don't really know if it will help. We would have to ask Dave. Now I'm starting to get excited. Definitely we need to do an event with Steve? Past is the past and need to move into the future. As we all just wanna have fun!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ftank
I think one of the major issues is the path to get to the track is our real main issue. Gets to muddy.
Jason as you already know we got the thumbs up for this year and lets see if we can get this rolling. I also like to see if we can move the track up some. Don't really know if it will help. We would have to ask Dave. Now I'm starting to get excited. Definitely we need to do an event with Steve? Past is the past and need to move into the future. As we all just wanna have fun!

We have the ok to use the land so there will be a all out effort to not only keep this track going but for it to grow...
I will post up the date we are going to meet to dicuss point series and the schedule.
If any more tracks are interested in a series in addition to Maple acres please let me know....

Will post details soon....
Old 01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

any chance the Track can provide electricity for the Green Guys??? that would Boost up more on attendance and the only thing I notice for Dirt Dawgs Track
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mainly MT
any chance the Track can provide electricity for the Green Guys??? that would Boost up more on attendance and the only thing I notice for Dirt Dawgs Track
I've always charged the night before, then when needed to I used my vheicle battery. we borrow a generator to run the computer but I dont know how much it could handle? But we will keep this in mind?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I've said it before. I think we need to get some better dirt. Especially if we are going to cater to 10th some. It just gets to blown out for them and never grooves. Maybe some clay backfill from construction site? If we don't have a decent surface, serious racers won't come. JMHO.

I think its awesome that the club will live on! I'll for sure be out there.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I've said it before. I think we need to get some better dirt. Especially if we are going to cater to 10th some. It just gets to blown out for them and never grooves. Maybe some clay backfill from construction site? If we don't have a decent surface, serious racers won't come. JMHO.

I think its awesome that the club will live on! I'll for sure be out there.
I got a bunch from the Dekalb hospital project. They wanted to bring it all to me. There is a site for dirt fill. I also called all the local contractors.
Like I said they were going to bring me 30 16 wheelers of clay fill free .99

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.