Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/10 Scale Tri City Classic

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reedy26
Wow Im kinda surprised at this. I mean the pro guys are taking 2-3 diffrent pairs of new tires, cutting them up and then gluing them back together and racing with complete custom one off tires and ROAR does not have a problem with this.
I thought that sectioning tires had been disallowed at some point.

I will have to ask advice from my racers. They coaxed me to open tire in stock sct, and the decding factor for me was that we would be more roar-like to open it up. Wait til we have a rtr come with ribbed tires.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions??

Bob.
Why all the sudden consern with what ROAR is doing with the tires? I would think that all the local tracks and the tracks in the TCC sreies would work together on this Sctok SCT tire issue. I beleive that opening up the tires on the Stock SCT is the wrong direction. The people that DO travel to the different would not have to have BOTH the controlled tire along with all the different open tires depending on what the track is allowing.
1. Just about all the other tacks ar running 3-4 limited tire that you can run.
2. Scotty has already disallowed the new Losi tire.
3. Those that already have the 3-4 limited will now have an added cost to replace to whatever works on the different tracks.
4. Using limited tires in last years TCC series did NOT hurt the class at all.
5. A better a to go might be with NO BUSTED ESC's in the stock classes like Scotty has done!!

My vote is to forget what ROAR is doing with the tires and stick to what is being used by the other tracks AND what has and continues to work. Just list the tire P/N's and hold to that.

Unless you are planning to hold some kind of a ROAR sanctioned race,just use their rules as a base guideline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
AS alwasy these are just MY thoughts and I will run whatever the rules turn out to be.

Bob Okas
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down

Bob;
I just re-read your last post.

[COLOR="Red"]"They coaxed me to open tire in stock sct, and the decding factor for me was that we would be more roar-like to open it up."[/COLOR:]
So what tires are you allowing in the sTOCK class this year and will it be the Same for the series? This is going to be expensive!!
Bob Oaks
Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

bob you have good points ! scottys rules are good for his track! I cant see not allowing a rtr tire in the tricity. say you get a new racer with a losi and then tell him he has to race mod or sportsman that day. will he come back? The losi tire should be better than most rtr tires. but most everyone went out and bought blitz or slash rear tires last year. so this year it may be losi. but I will not have a open tire in stock. Now the ribbed tire deal is something i would like to test and think about alittle so no one buy them yet. inless you want to
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

In case I read or spoke wrong, if outback does have different rules than the series, the series rules would override the outback rules in a series race, so that should subtract one angry smiley. For my normal race days, I had a dozen or so regulars on the last race day try out stock with open tires, and they liked it, so I thought how can I justify opposing them, especially since their desire is not a furthering of the distance from roar. They want to run a decent tire with stock levels of power and wear. Now, if they race in tricity stock, they have to conform for that day.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Bob;
I agree that you are trying to keep your racers happy, but you are also forcing another undo expence to those that might race BOTH the sreies races, races at your trck, and races at other area tracks.
But it IS your track and you can set whateer rules yo deem fit for it.
This is going to force me to only race stock SCT if JC is not running a tire in MOD SCT that works on the STOCK SCT.
Still looking forward to this summer of racing. And now that we are totally out of all on road racing, e will be out more often.
Bob Oaks

PS no more flames
Old 12-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

glad to here it mr oaks. I have a feeling this summer is going to be blast.plus full of prizes
Old 12-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by a4dtm
aww that's too bad Bob. these tires look like they'd be perfect for the beach
Hey, Nick, All.

I was chatting on the phone with another racer. I might have to say I see it 50/50 right now. I think we'll form up ideas over the next months. I was thinking, I bet if we banned the ribbed tires, mid-summer someone would release an RTR with ribbed tires just to complicate things further.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bob o
Bob;
I agree that you are trying to keep your racers happy, but you are also forcing another undo expence to those that might race BOTH the sreies races, races at your trck, and races at other area tracks.
But it IS your track and you can set whateer rules yo deem fit for it.
This is going to force me to only race stock SCT if JC is not running a tire in MOD SCT that works on the STOCK SCT.
Still looking forward to this summer of racing. And now that we are totally out of all on road racing, e will be out more often.
Bob Oaks

PS no more flames
Thanks, Bob. Its some tough thinking. I could even make a mistake or two. I believe I already spoke an agreement to my regular racers and can't afford to cause confusion with a backtrack.

I actually like the open tire rule for stock a little bit more now, considering the number of RTR Losis coming out with their pin tires, I would feel funny if I kept the RTR-tires-only and then either 1) everyone felt compelled to get the superior losi RTR tire, when they could have just bought goosebumps with the same money or 2) I disallowed the Losi pin RTR tire, but now the Losi RTR buyers feel it is weird they can't race an RTR tire they just bought and came to race with.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ribbed is only good for one thing really and my wife does not race so I won't need to get any. Back in the day tho ........................wooohoooo
Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 PM

If the losi tire works well, wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a cost effective way to keep one's tire bill DOWN since probally only one set of fronts and maybe two sets of rears would be all you need for a season. Otherwise one set of slash's,one set of hpi's,some ae fronts,maybe a kyosho set to try.
On a side note BOB W if the losi tire doesn't load up as bad as a caliber when o.b. is damp it might be the tire alot of stock guys would want to use and again be more cost efficient. Allowing guys to run two classes maybe only changing tires,bumping your entry fee count. Other wise I don't see definitive split for mod or stock at the outback. .02
Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
Ribbed is only good for one thing really and my wife does not race so I won't need to get any. Back in the day tho ........................wooohoooo
Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
If the losi tire works well, wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a cost effective way to keep one's tire bill DOWN since probally only one set of fronts and maybe two sets of rears would be all you need for a season. Otherwise one set of slash's,one set of hpi's,some ae fronts,maybe a kyosho set to try.
On a side note BOB W if the losi tire doesn't load up as bad as a caliber when o.b. is damp it might be the tire alot of stock guys would want to use and again be more cost efficient. Allowing guys to run two classes maybe only changing tires,bumping your entry fee count. Other wise I don't see definitive split for mod or stock at the outback. .02
There is one other outcome that could come to pass. That folks might enter stock and mod using the same tires and motor, making for more racing minutes in the day. I do that at CheeseCityExtreme.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 PM

Set up and drivers being equal, a 17.5 is just going to be in the way in a mod class. That leads to impatients and hurt feelings. I myself am guilty of it at times. I'm not saying someone shouldn't do it but
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
stick radios for everyone.but no ribs on the grip
BUT how would Jo Jo drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.