Revolution Raceway-APPLETON

Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Revolution Raceway-APPLETON

Coming January 2011

Indoor dirt racing is coming to Appleton Wisconsin.

The count down begins!

Be ready to rock at a brand new venue for the Fox Valley.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by HVF RACING TEAM
Coming January 2011

The count down begins!

I was wondering how long it was gonna be for the cat to jump out of the bag
Old 11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Coming January 2011

The count down begins!

What will be the race days?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

what classes will be run??
Old 11-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Greetings all, presently the plans are to run the following-
Stock Slash
Short Course
Mod Short Course
Gearbox
1/8 Electric Buggy
Possible even open electric Monster truck.

Race days are a bit up in the air yet, but I am projecting racing to be on Wednesdays and Sundays, with the track and store open two other days a week for practice and fun. Please note, this is preliminary.

We just got the keys and have a bit of work to do to open come January, so again we will keep everyone posted.

But we are excited to be able to have this venue available in the fox valley area to complement the Oshkosh tracks, its all for fun and everyone knows I have my best days with the great race crowd in this area.

Bill
Old 11-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Stock Slash
Short Course
Mod Short Course
Gearbox
1/8 Electric Buggy

Race days are a bit up in the air yet, but I am projecting racing to be on Wednesdays and Sundays, with the track and store open two other days a week for practice and fun. Please note, this is preliminary.

We just got the keys and have a bit of work to do to open come January, so again we will keep everyone posted.

But we are excited to be able to have this venue available in the fox valley area to complement the Oshkosh tracks, its all for fun and everyone knows I have my best days with the great race crowd in this area.

Bill
Sunday would work as I don't think there would be any conflicts with any area tracks and since this is starting after the new year there wouldn't be much conflict with pro football.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Stock Slash
Short Course
Mod Short Course
Gearbox
1/8 Electric Buggy

Bill
I know this is all preliminary, but is there any idea for motor/lipo/tires limits in the 1/8 electric buggy class?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its way too early to decide parameters for classes. We will be running typical classes based on attendence and track size.

The day or possible days we will be running will be based on local drivers preference. Keep in mind Oshkosh doesn't run indoor dirt off-road and they are the only track within 30 miles. We are only opening this facility for racing and I am pretty sure there are alot of drivers in the immediate area who would enjoy a facility in this area.

We do not want to conflict or draw people away from other tracks as that has always been our position, but we do have a facility to support so we will offer whatever we can to please the local racers and still pay for the facility.

For now we have alot of work ahead of us and hope to have the track in useable condition by mid January. We will announce opening events when we get closer to that point.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and will all be considered.

Thank you
Bob
Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where in Appleton is this track going to be located?
Randy
Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

How about 1/10 scale electric truck and buggy? Were is this track going to be located in Appleton? Who is in charge of running the track, and shop?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

The track will be located just a few blocks from College ave Off Lyndale. Races will mainly be run by Bill Magritz and various directors from Revolution raceway. We hope to entertain all off-road classes such as Buggy and Truck.

The store will be stocked primarily for parts to support the folks who race at the facility on a regular basis. It will be limited inventory as it is going to basically be a satellite store of Hobbytown USA Oshkosh. If the track does well we will expand on the inventory, and store personnel.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you

Thank you so very much for all those who came to help remove the walls at the new location today. You guys Rockand did an awesome job today getting almost all of the major removal done.

Bob
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Heres some pics

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...wn%20Appleton/
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

a suggestion on the rules for e-buggy.. follow the trackside rules.. 1900kv 4s limit.. also since some guys might race both places follow most of there rules.. just to help the racers out on the cost of things.... i will be in for e-buggy and mod short bus.... jeremy
Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
a suggestion on the rules for e-buggy.. follow the trackside rules.. 1900kv 4s limit.. also since some guys might race both places follow most of there rules.. just to help the racers out on the cost of things.... i will be in for e-buggy and mod short bus.... jeremy
You read my mind Jeremy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.