Wiki Posts
Search

Mini racing in Bradley,IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Mini racing in Bradley,IL

Is there any interest in 1/24-1/18 racing?what i was thinking was some road course stuff and oval racing.I am in Bradley IL.Right now i am doing slot car racing.check out my website at crslotcars.com
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Look at what this guy is doing:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...rd-prizes.html

He's just letting guys come in the door with nothing and have a chance to race. There's not a ton of mini z guys around, so you would probably have to build it from the ground up like he has.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i was thinking the brp cars and i have some interest in the serpent s240
Old 11-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have really only seen BRP cars in Ohio. The serpent I have only seen at the Ihobby show.

What i have seen the most of- Xray 1/18 onroad cars. RC18 off road cars. Vendetta offroad cars.

Hard to say how many guys you would get off the street. The Xray cars were at least semi popular, and tracks here and there run/ran them.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

If you would like any help or info on this subject feal free to PM me. I have hosted/raced most mini scales for many years. My friend Kris and I had a ball racing Mini-Zs on a ping-pong table in my store in New Chicago. That was a fairly elaborate road course and sub 2 sec. lap times! Had a track (in my store in Portage) ready and waiting when the first shipment of M18s arrived. Before the Xrays arrived, we were racing 1/18-Mrs4, BRP, and ABC DTM 1/24 2wd and 4wd cars. Track size, surface, on-road, off-road... contact me if you would like some info. E-mail or PM.
Some of us would likely come down occasionaly, but Bradley is far enough away, that we would not likely come down every week. Racers from this area would be interested in the following classes; On-road-- 1/18 open, 1/18 super stock, 1/14 open, 1/14 stock, 1/18 Pan car (BRP and Scalpel).
Off-road--- 1/18 open buggy, 1/18 open stadium truck.
Recomended scoring system is I-Lap. The transponders are IR and manufactured by a local racer. Many Chicagoland tracks use the system, and local racers have their own transponders.
Come to think of it, I have another IR system I would sell. It's a System 20 made in Western Canada. I used it for a while on my Portage track. Switched to I-lap due to local support. It worked fine though.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mini racing

Hey where do you duneland guys go to race 1/18 onroad and offroad as well as the 1/14 onroad. Definitely interested just picked up someones collection and need to race somewhere!!! Please let me know. I am in Michigan City!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chad423
Is there any interest in 1/24-1/18 racing?what i was thinking was some road course stuff and oval racing.I am in Bradley IL.Right now i am doing slot car racing.check out my website at crslotcars.com
Count me in!!! I am in kankakee, and would love a place to wheel close to home. I am sure a few more of the local nitro guys would feel the same. Shoot me a pm or email at [email protected]. ill try to swing by there and shoot the breeze with ya.

I also think a small oval for the little losi sliders or even a small off-road style carpet track for the mini short course trucks.

One thing is for sure..... the area needs some sort of racing scene.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

hey Chad is the skate park still at the ymca and extreme sports around? been a while I used to ride their when I rode for standard.

-Klemme
Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nope. Just an empty concrete slab...... nothing for the kids to do like that around here.