Wiki Posts
Search

Track Saturation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gene1219
It's hard to say that there is a saturation of tracks. I've never thought it was a problem, nor am I trying to instigate one. Everytime I'm on here, the Wisconsin/illinois racing section has the most users veiw said section. So the more tracks, hopefully more racers.

* my reading comprehension FTL! I stepped on my words about Problem Since it's left a little open ended, it could be problem, issues, fairytales or unicorns. I didn't mean to state it as a problem, it just the tone of it seemed like it was
Yeah. I can say things with words that come across harsh without thinking about it. I was just thinking to kick up a topic for conversation that had been on my mind. Looks like a few other minds were thinking about it too.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
They haven't even been out there. The zoning commishoner just asumed I was the one with the track and assumed it was a busness.
Did he say to stop racing? Just curious.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Crazy Lady

Well as for Maple Acres you can thank the psycho neighbor lady Bob, I want to call her something else.
We wont be having anymore racing:flaming : Don't they have a kill kill face on here.
She had a bipoler episode on Sunday and again on Monday when the trucks started coming with dirt.
First she called the cops and tried to have me arrested then she tattled to the county zoning dept. about the track and who knows what else.
Boy I am glad I spent soooooooooo much money getting this going with the OK from both neighbors only to have this go down.

There was no problem with nitro noise only the announcing. Instead of coming and talking to me like a mature adult she decided to come screaming at me and the 2 cars that just pulled in which she said had their music blaring but all I could hear was water coming out of my hose HMMM.
I tried to discuss the matter but all that came out of her mouth was insults and crazy assumptions and lies. Besides BLH BLH BLH.
I have avoided the place for a few days hoping she would calm down but I guess not.

I hope everyone who came out this last summer enjoyed it I know I sure did. I have been pacing around thinking of what I can do next year until this happened W.T.F.

Thanks
Steve Dage
Did she come on your property?? I know you probably gave her prior notice not to be on your property; then you could of signed complaints for criminal trespass to land
Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NPETRO
Did she come on your property?? I know you probably gave her prior notice not to be on your property; then you could of signed complaints for criminal trespass to land
She never came back, but I will remember that.
Next it will be me signing complaints on her for harassment if she keeps it up.
I forgot you know alot about the law. I may have to get ahold of you .
Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koolwhipman
If the end result is positive for the overall picture, then isn't the path taken rather void? Or is there something else to this thread in general?
Positive for who? Electric racers, maybe. But for Nitro racers like myself, only Leisure Hours and Race 'Em are left, but Race 'Em can now only run nitro effectively twice a month, so LH is the go-to place.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by tromoly; 10-15-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tromoly
Positive for who? Electric racers, maybe. But for Nitro racers like myself, only Leisure Hours and Race 'Em are left, but Race 'Em can now only run nitro effectively twice a month, so LH is the go-to place.

If anything, there is a saturation of tracks that are Electric-only, and because of that Leisure Hours will be pulling a consistent nitro crowd while other tracks are getting thin on electrics.

Just my $0.02.
That is interesting. I thought Outback was the only electric-only outdoor track. For nitro/electric, the is the Dirt Dawgs (right?) and one can only guess that LITH HT will be both. Steve runs/ran both. LH is both. Round Lake, Race Em, Cheese City; all both?

BTW, not to speak for Race Em, but if only racing once a month for nitro, I think they can get some better draws of racers because the racers will know which day of the month is to go to Race Em. So you could do LH, LH, LH, Race Em, repeat, etc.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
That is interesting. I thought Outback was the only electric-only outdoor track. For nitro/electric, the is the Dirt Dawgs (right?) and one can only guess that LITH HT will be both. Steve runs/ran both. LH is both. Round Lake, Race Em, Cheese City; all both?
Yeah sorry, still a bit upset over the news of Steve's track.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tromoly
Yeah sorry, still a bit upset over the news of Steve's track.
Steve really put together a nice track in a very quick time. I hope it pulls through.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Steve really put together a nice track in a very quick time. I hope it pulls through.
I went out ther for an hour or so this afternoon and ran a couple of packs on a different setup on both trucks without a problem. I plan to try and discuss the issue with the neighbor tomorrow to see if there is anything we can work out before I call Brook Briewer with the special uses zoning dept.
I don't know why but she seams pretty bent on being ruthless about the deal. She is a teacher and has the whole summer off so one day on the weekend shouldn't interrupt her so called gardening that much.
Mike her husband owns the coffee house in Dekalb and had been shut down for having bands in the shop, he was telling me how horrible it was for them to shut him down just for the kids having a good time when I was fixing the electrical in his mobile coffee shop he was raped on and gave him a good deal. I guess he forgot about that
Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went out ther for an hour or so this afternoon and ran a couple of packs on a different setup on both trucks without a problem. I plan to try and discuss the issue with the neighbor tomorrow to see if there is anything we can work out before I call Brook Briewer with the special uses zoning dept.
I don't know why but she seams pretty bent on being ruthless about the deal. She is a teacher and has the whole summer off so one day on the weekend shouldn't interrupt her so called gardening that much.
Mike her husband owns the coffee house in Dekalb and had been shut down for having bands in the shop, he was telling me how horrible it was for them to shut him down just for the kids having a good time when I was fixing the electrical in his mobile coffee shop he was raped on and gave him a good deal. I guess he forgot about that
with your situation steve couldent u just pull it off as some type of get together, not a buisness...a buisness is an occupation, profession, or trade, this track is technically just a weekend get together, their was no huge advertising and it wasnt open 7 days a week soooooo whats the big issue?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racermike2435
with your situation steve couldent u just pull it off as some type of get together, not a buisness...a buisness is an occupation, profession, or trade, this track is technically just a weekend get together, their was no huge advertising and it wasnt open 7 days a week soooooo whats the big issue?
That's what I am looking into. Try telling the county people that it's not a business, of course they will do what ever it takes to get money out of you.
I'm sure the neighbor told them any thing she could think of just to get them out there if she could.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gene1219
It's hard to say that there is a saturation of tracks. I've never thought it was a problem, nor am I trying to instigate one. Everytime I'm on here, the Wisconsin/illinois racing section has the most users veiw said section. So the more tracks, hopefully more racers.
I, myself, didn't think you were trying to start a problem. And even though Bob may not have stated his opinion, he started the thread for discussion of the topic, so mission accomplished there.
But whether there are too many tracks or too many classes, the fact is that we are lucky to have a strong rc market and YES we usually have the most users on-line for any of the areas in the racing discussion section. Maybe all the rc'ers in the other areas are out practicing while we're typing.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Bringing this back up for some new, more current discussion.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I'll tell you what, just my opinion (take it for what it's worth).... but I live in Naperville and there isn't a track within 40 minutes of me... still shocks me to this day that nothing has really popped up in this area in the past 10 years....

There may be saturation in some places, but it's still haul for me to head either south or north to race....
Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Have you heard about the new track in Streamwood? It isn't too far from you.

Originally Posted by Showtime Racing
I'll tell you what, just my opinion (take it for what it's worth).... but I live in Naperville and there isn't a track within 40 minutes of me... still shocks me to this day that nothing has really popped up in this area in the past 10 years....

There may be saturation in some places, but it's still haul for me to head either south or north to race....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.