Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
ROUND LAKE RC PRESENTS DIRTWARS 2010 SEPT.12 >

ROUND LAKE RC PRESENTS DIRTWARS 2010 SEPT.12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROUND LAKE RC PRESENTS DIRTWARS 2010 SEPT.12

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBrute_347
Planning to run stock and mod SCT. It will be my first dirt race in mod SCT.
I have a strange feeling that short course will be one of the biggest class if not the biggest
Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I'll be packin buggy truggy and 4wd SC!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I'll be packin buggy truggy and 4wd SC!
Dick! Save some troghys for the kids. And me!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I forgot to ask and confirm....is electricity provided???
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kinda sorta...there's a little wooden gazebo-type thing in the park a few yards off the track with some electrical boxes on it. One or two heavy-duty cords always gets run across the parking lot to power the scoring system, and from there everybody starts adding in their own splitters and power strips and extension cords to network the pits. So bring plenty of your own cords and splitters, and label them with your name. If you have a generator or inverter available to you, bring it
Old 09-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx
Dick! Save some troghys for the kids. And me!
Just make sure your stuff is ready to rock!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Results

What a great day everybody! 114 entries for the day in 6 trophied classes, next time MT's will run in their own class but it was great to see the mix of vehicles in the sportsman class.

It was also great to seee so many racers from the area shops come out and run today. The Track, Trackside, Hobbytown Crystal Lake to name a few.

I have to give another shout out to all the sponsors;

Speedpassion USA
Speedpower USA
East Coast Bodies
Mike Tuohy's Tool Box/Matco Tools
Fantom Racing
Go North/Go Motors
Ad-Venture Hobbies
Grayslake Hobbies
The Track at Harbor Hobbies
Tim Connor/Red Bull
Race Rewards

Very special thanks to Wilson at King Golden LTD parent company of Speedpassion as well as Albert Mui of Speedpassion USA for making the drive up with all the goodies and then turning around and heading down the finals of the Asphalt Asault. Howard Lo, team manager for SP.

Thanks also go out to Neil,Juan,RV, "Apple Joe" and everyone else who had a hand in making this event a success.

All reports said the food at the Schoenberger Grill was awesome
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dirt Wars Finals.pdf (59.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by ercwhtsd; 09-13-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I want to say Erik you did a totaly awsome job running the races today very awsome and Thank You very much.
I want to thank everyone that attended for comming out. It was a hell of a good time. We had a ton of giveaways. We hope to have more for next year. The winners of door prizes please help us out and give the sponsors a call and thank them for the door prizes.They generaly don't get feedback.This will also set us up for more door prizes for dirt wars 2011.
WOW WHAT A DAY
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Well said Eric!!!

I have just got home, and was going through everything for the day, and already have business's wanting to be sponsers for Dirt Wars 2011!! I also talked with the Chief of Police this afternoon, and the sGT on duty this evening, and both were extrmemly happy with how well we acted today with such a big event. SGT Kaminski said that at one point, the PArking lot was so jammed full, and the overflow was so full, he was having people park at Kohls!! We had alot of spectators this year too!! They were all extremly happy with it all, and I want to thank you for making those conversations as pleasant as they can be, and trust me, Ive had some not so Good ones!! But it makes it easier for me to bargain with The chief and the Director for other things for our track!!

I would like to thanks Eric for a job well done today.....makes things run alot smoother and eaiser with him running the races now, THANK YOU!! Also, Neil Thank you so much for helping out with spreading the word so much on these websites, Getting donations and sponsors, Eric for getting sponsors, Tim Conner, Mike Touhy,and to all of you for Coming out and making it such a great success!! ALso thanks to all of you who enjoyed my great cooking!!

Hope you all had a blast!!

Thanks to all the New faces that came, as well as the other Tracks and its members!! We almost doubled our attendance from last year.

Our track photographer took over 2000 photos, so once we go through them, and edit a some and condence down some, we will figure out a way to post em up!! I know there was video also taken!!

If all goes good, Dirt Wars 2011 will be broadcasted on CN100 next year!! I just need to give em a noitice of a month or so, and they will bring out their production trucks for us!!

So now Dirt wars 2011 Plans begin!!

THANKS ALL!!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

And also Thanks to Juan, our Track Maintenace Man!! He does an amazing job for us, and I greatly appreciate it!! All the police department guys even know him a the maintenace guy, they always seem him out there watering, shaping, pounding stakes....they asked if he lived there!! LOL Thanks Juan and his bro RV

OK....To bed now!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I drove an 1hr and 20 min after finding out about the event 5hrs earlier. It was a blast, lots of friendly ppl, a fun track, and a well run event. I will see you all more often.
A thanks goes out to the hosts and sponsors for a great day at the track!!!

Last edited by Yeti AS3; 09-13-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
What a great day everybody! 114 entries for the day in 6 trophied classes, next time MT's will run in their own class but it was great to see the mix of vehicles in the sportsman class.

It was also great to seee so many racers from the area shops come out and run today. The Track, Trackside, Hobbytown Crystal Lake to name a few.

I have to give another shout out to all the sponsors;

Speedpassion USA
Speedpower USA
East Coast Bodies
Mike Tuohy's Tool Box/Matco Tools
Fantom Racing
Go North/Go Motors
Ad-Venture Hobbies
Grayslake Hobbies
The Track at Harbor Hobbies
Tim Connor/Red Bull
Race Rewards

Very special thanks to Wilson at King Golden LTD parent company of Speedpassion as well as Albert Mui of Speedpassion USA for making the drive up with all the goodies and then turning around and heading down the finals of the Asphalt Asault. Howard Lo, team manager for SP.

Thanks also go out to Neil,Juan,RV, "Apple Joe" and everyone else who had a hand in making this event a success.

All reports said the food at the Schoenberger Grill was awesome
man Eric you are one tired pup! Those are the Heat sheets for the Mains.

Thanks again Eric great day. Most fun I've had all Summer.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looks like a great day of racing. I can't believe how many guys raced in Monroe, WI Saturday night and still made it to this race. I didn't get home until 2AM and I left when they still had 4 nitro mains to run.

Nice job guys. Hope to make it out next time.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dglomp1
man Eric you are one tired pup! Those are the Heat sheets for the Mains.

Thanks again Eric great day. Most fun I've had all Summer.
Yes Dave you are correct. It took Neil and Joe this morning to point it out
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Eric...thank you for letting SPEED PASSION, SPEED POWER and EAST COAST BODIES TUNED be part of the DIRT WAR 2010....too bad I was tie up with the ON ROAD racing that we are sponsoring as well. But next year, definitely need to be there for OFF ROAD and smell the NITRO...

If there are pictures, please do let me know...Speed Passion has the RACE EVENT site that we post pictures of the event. Of course we don't need all 2000 of them...just pick a good 20-30 of them and I can get that posted onto the website.

Thanks......Albert Mui / Howard Lo (Speed Passion USA)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.