Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Please Stop In - Petition Support Form - Race Em Rc - Rockford, IL >

Please Stop In - Petition Support Form - Race Em Rc - Rockford, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Stop In - Petition Support Form - Race Em Rc - Rockford, IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TSR6
I found the race'em rc facebook page via a mutual friend on facebook, leading to me finding this link. If you're going up against rockford, figured you could use a "sticky" thread.

TTT
Thanks a bunch man!! That should help out a lot!! We really appreciate it!!

Thanks again!!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Justin this may be a stretch but maybe list the issues that the county is siting the club for. Maybe someone that reads this will have experience with the same issues. if not may prepare you for something you weren't expecting.
Could a noise order be an issue.....go electric only
If everyone is a official club member could it be simple club get together.
Out at the end of safford road the county park district has a nice area set up for rc airplanes/copters can this fall under the same type of conditions, that they maintain.
Who knows someone may even be a lawyer that could give some good advise or point you.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
Justin this may be a stretch but maybe list the issues that the county is siting the club for. Maybe someone that reads this will have experience with the same issues. if not may prepare you for something you weren't expecting.
Out at the end of safford road the county park district has a nice area set up for rc airplanes/copters can this fall under the same type of conditions, that they maintain.
Who knows someone may even be a lawyer that could give some good advise or point you.
Rod, good point. I had expressed concern about property taxes following a special use permit grant. Who knows more about that?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6
I found the race'em rc facebook page via a mutual friend on facebook, leading to me finding this link. If you're going up against rockford, figured you could use a "sticky" thread.

TTT
Thanks. Will be in contact.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:40 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
rod brings up a valid point, JUSTIN needs to get on here and explain the fine details of this story. I plan on coming down for the little broard meeting about the track, but if race em has done things illegally, causing destruction etc etc. then i am staying home
Old 08-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry it has been a few days, I am leaving Tuesday for a big Jeep race i go to every year and we are on crunch time getting it all back together..

Anyway,

The main reason is that there are a couple of residents that did not like the PA noise on the day of the races. So they called and complained. Basicly what the county said is we are bigger than they thought we were going to get. They were montioring the website and stuff like that and kept seeing the races getting set, and the crowds getting bigger. We didn't do anything destructive. They just want us to get it so when residents call, they don't have to take any action. With the specail us permit there will be restrictions set. As far as, example- cant run past 11pm. Small stuff like that. We have 2 wonderful people that are working very hard to get the presentation ready for our meeting. I have been in contact with the County Board Members for that district and pretty much have both of them in full Support of Race Em! (Zoning office said that is a big help!!!!) We should be pretty good! We just need everyone to show up, and or fill out one of our support forms and get it back to us some how. The more of those, the better we will be. If We can go in there with 300 of those, with 100 plus people, it should be a walk in the park!

I will check back to see if there are any more questions before I leave. I do leave Tuesday night and won't be back till late August 30th. I will not have access to the internet. So just sit tight during that period and when I get back we are hitting the ground running on the rest of the permit stuff!

Thanks again!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:22 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooneyes13
Thanks. Will be in contact.
Originally Posted by raceemrc
Thanks a bunch man!! That should help out a lot!! We really appreciate it!!

Thanks again!!
No problem!

Like I said, apparently we have a mutual friend on facebook. I dont think we've ever met though!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

thanks everyone for forms.

I will be back from vacation this weekend and updating info and the board meeting stuff.

thanks

Ben
Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone, thanks to all that have filled out the forms so far. But we need a lot more!! The more the better! If you have not yet filled one out yet please do so asap. The meeting is next wensday! Hope to hear from everyone soon!!

Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tomorrow is the big day!! hope everyone can make it!! 5:30 pm

404 elm st

Rockford IL

Room 303

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there somewhere I can fax the form to. I can't get it to work electronically on my computer. Justin can you give me a call when you get a chance. Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

well whats the verdict?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Just seen a report on the Rockford channel 23 News cast that it goes to the full county board tomorrow. Its so sad that when something good like this is out there people so opposition. The guy on the news talking bad about the track should buy some cars and join the fun.

Good luck hope thing turn out .
Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Its funny that he actually does not even live there, but yet in chicago. We are trying hard thanks for support everyone.