Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas TORC R/C Slash Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Traxxas TORC R/C Slash Racing

Hello everyone, Traxxas will be hosting Slash racing at the TORC Events again this year. The classes for this year will be 2WD Stock Slash, 2WD Mod Slash, 4WD Mod Slash and Nitro Slayer. This weekends race at Crandon we will have open track Friday afternoon and 2 rounds of qualifing starting at 5PM and the mains. Saturday the track will open up at 10:00 AM with Qualifing starting at 2 PM. There will be a pro drivers race again this year around 5PM, so are goal is to finish qualifing before they race and run our mains after they are done. We'll be racing on the brand new permanent tracks built at both Crandon and Bark River, from the pics I seen posted on Facebook, these tracks are off the hook!! Great job by all who helped build these awesome tracks and facilities, they are top notch. Can't wait to see everyone again and check out some great racing action! Oh by the way, did I mention racing is FREE at Crandon with a paid admission to the TORC Races!! Hope to see a great turnout this weekend
Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

so its slashes only huh.....
Old 06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes it is slash only, TORC is sponsored by Traxxas, so the race is for traxxas vehicles only. Last year the classes were revo, slash mod, slash stock, and slayer. This year they most have gotten rid of the revo class and added the
4x4 slash class. If you would like to race at the crandon track but don't own one of these trucks, there is a race the following sunday I believe where all makes are welcome. I would encurage you to try and make it up there at least once, the track is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Originally Posted by storm800
Yes it is slash only, TORC is sponsored by Traxxas, so the race is for traxxas vehicles only. Last year the classes were revo, slash mod, slash stock, and slayer. This year they most have gotten rid of the revo class and added the
4x4 slash class. If you would like to race at the crandon track but don't own one of these trucks, there is a race the following sunday I believe where all makes are welcome. I would encurage you to try and make it up there at least once, the track is awesome!!!!!!!!!
+2
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Free is awesome! I hate to start asking about rules because somebody will always complain but, are lipos ok in the stock class? With nimhs going out it just doesn't make sence to buy one special for this race and never use it again. I know last year we ran a lipo and a few were crying about it not being fair.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The rules for the TORC RC race are posted on the TRAXXAS web site, click on racing, then click on TORC RC. The rules do say a 2S lipo is legal. I will also add that the new RC track at Crandon is a BLAST to run. They did one hell of a job !
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile Traxxas Crandon Weekend

Can't wait!!!!!

Last edited by Slash01Z; 06-19-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now all I need is a traxxas truck. All mine sold like hot-cakes last fall.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Friday night in Crandon was a blast! Mike's effort and the incredible facility make the event really something special. The stock slashes were the most popular class again with 25. I believe there were 11 or 12 Slash 4X4's. Can't wait for tonight with the excitement of the full size off-road starting up today and 10 - 20,000 people. Races start at 2 PM and there is plenty of room under the circus tent for pitting.

RC RACING IS FREE WITH YOUR GATE ADMISSION. YOU CAN RACE IN AS MANY CLASSES AS YOU WANT TO WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE. THERE IS ALSO NO CHARGE FOR TRANSPONDERS.

Classes are:
Stock Slash
Mod Slash
Mod 4X4 Slash
Slayer

2S lipos are allowed as are 7 cell NIMH.

CYA
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Blaine,
How did you do? Are the results posted anywhere?
Any Vids? I love watchin you and Tanner race together.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default No Rules.

Thank you all who worked this weekend at the Bark river Race.

BUT I do have One little problem. I just got off the Traxxas website. I was looking at the rules for the Traxxas Races. It's funny the Rules are very clear about little things like TIRES, INSERTS, and RIMS. Plus a list of other things. Now I am a racer and I would have run another brands of tires if I had brought them. I'm not blaming the racers for using tires that are not in the rules. they were told they could.

Here is my Problem. We as the racers who spent our money to come up to Bark River . To race a Traxxas truck and at the same time help Traxxas sell more trucks. We had no say in the last min Rule changes. I'm sorry Some racers came to this race with the wrong stuff. They could have gone up to the Traxxas Trailer and purchased the Tires they needed to Race with. But because the NEW Rules were we could run any short course tire we saw fit. Racers like my self were S.O.L.. You see The Traxxas Trailer was only selling the tires in the rules. I do not see a need to help Traxxas sell any more Trucks. If you have a problem with this post you can email me at [email protected].

I hope to see all of you at the races. (not Traxxas)
Don Sallenbach
Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Don,

First I want to say thanks again to Traxxas for putting on a great event as they always do!

Second as far as the rules go the first reason why there is such a disagreement with what was allowed and what wasnt is because of not teching the trucks after the mains. Yes it takes time but if somone wants to put in a solid platform of rules that want to be followed they need to be enforced. For myself I have always used the stock 4x4 tires when racing it but after seeing many people at crandon and practice at bark river i Choose to put on my new jconcepts tires on the rear of my 4x4. Looking back at the rules on the TORC rc website it does state that only traxxas tires are allowed. I also know that they did allow other tires this past weekend due to the fact that multiple guys only had non traxxas tires. I also saw and heard of many other changes from shocks to springs even chassis that were made which are clearly shown to be illegal by the TORC rc websites rules. To wrap this all up the easiest way to put it is that out of all 10 4x4's that made the A main not 1 of them would have passed the written rules as they read on the traxxas TORC rc website because of multiple or even just one illegal change.

Here are some of the rules straight from the website that were most commonly being broken.

Chassis
1.Modifications of any type to the chassis plate, lower braces, receiver box, battery brace and related parts are not allowed.

Suspension
1.Modifications of any type to the suspension arms, shocks, shock towers, hub carriers and related parts are not allowed.
4.Any Traxxas shock springs may be used.
Drivetrain
1.Modifications to the gearbox, transmission gears, slipper clutch, driveshafts and bearings are not allowed.
wheels and tires
1.Traxxas tires, wheels, and inserts must be used. All short-course tire and wheel combinations offered by Traxxas are allowed.
4.Buggy wheels and tires, or any non-Traxxas, non-short-course wheels and tires may NOT be used.
Batteries
1.Racers may use any NiMH battery (maximum 7 cells) or LiPo pack (maximum 2 cells).

Many tracks in the nation never give out rule sheets but instead verbal rules but Traxxas has All of the rules for all of the classes and they can be found here http://www.traxxas.com/v2/torcrc/rules/ Everyone has access to these rules so at future traxxas TORC rc races there should be no problem with rules!

Mike Fisk along with the rest of his crew do a wonderful job of running the races and keeping them running smooth and fast. Thnaks mike for all the effort you put into the traxxas rc races!

Thank you again Traxxas for putting on these races,

Blaine,
(And like Don said above I also am not here to point fingers or argue but just state my 2 cents of what i feel and saw as a racer about this past weekend)

Last edited by Slash01Z; 07-11-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not going to get into a big long thing about all of this.

My point is the rules are on the Traxxas Web site for all to see. If you are going to change them . It needs to be done in advance not on the fly at the race. This has nothing to do with how much fun the race was. or how great a race is run. There was no cheating at this race because there were no rules. And thats my point. Some of us went thinking we were going to have to follow the Traxxas rules , posted on there site for all Traxxas races...
Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hope Oshkosh's Bill M. has read all this and all the racers too. Hopefully everyone will be prepared for the Oshkosh race in two weeks. Honestly, I didn't even read the rules. I just noticed all the other racers tires and upgraded mine too after the first qualifier.

A big thank you goes to Tom Knuth for allowing me to pilot his mod 2wd. I couldn't resist the opportunity to race on the new track.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

See ya'all at Oshkosh.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.