Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
FINAL RUN ON THE RUG AT TRACKSIDE THE SIZZZZZZZZZLAARRRRRR >

FINAL RUN ON THE RUG AT TRACKSIDE THE SIZZZZZZZZZLAARRRRRR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FINAL RUN ON THE RUG AT TRACKSIDE THE SIZZZZZZZZZLAARRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow, lots of people saying no, this is depressing. Well. I can say and will say that I will be there!! Leaving at about 8am to be there as close to 9am as possible so I can get some track practice.

I have a VTA TC3 that's ready to roll. It has about 1 maybe 2 carpet race days left on the front tires. It's setup with the Novak Havok system with the 21.5 motor.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Im just putting the finishing touches on the vta, I plan on being there myself. It will be my first time using this chassis (XXX-S). I have only ran one other vta club race before so should be interesting. See ya all Sunday.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
Im just putting the finishing touches on the vta, I plan on being there myself. It will be my first time using this chassis (XXX-S). I have only ran one other vta club race before so should be interesting. See ya all Sunday.
Old School Losi? I think your the 1st one I've seen or heard using a a Losi XXX-S touring car.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Well its all I have left, I'm actually an oval guy but they wont change the track over, which is cool, vta sounds good to me, I've never raced this car before just played in the street its actually an rtr with some upgrades. The 1st race i ran was using a tc4 but somebody really wanted the car so I sold it. Should be a good time I hope otherwise I'll just hang out.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Man someone kick me please.. I must be dreaming/Nightmare is more like it.. Hate to see this Scotty. At a lose for words.. Atleast I got to stink up the Novak race twice and even a Triple Crown race on the rug..
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
Old School Losi? I think your the 1st one I've seen or heard using a a Losi XXX-S touring car.
My cousin Chris and I will have our XXX-S VTA cars up there on Sunday. The XXX-S was my TC car back in '03 when it came out. Had it laying around and put the VTA setup into it. It works pretty good. I wasn't too far off the fast guys at The Track the last time I had it out.

This will be our first race on the rug at Trackside (and the last). We've been offroad racing primarily and mixing in some VTA when it fits the schedule.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Tous 7 we'll have to meet, so I can get some pointers on where to start. Since I sold most of my touring stuff awhile ago, I see I only got asc. blue springs left so I'll have to figure out how to make that work. I'll have the green AAR cuda with the 71 on the side.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

yes it is a sad time to be saying good bye to the Carpet, but as a business, I have to do what we can to keep going. I am happy the 99% of you guys understand that it is something that we have to do. Not what I want to do, but have to do.

So I hope we have as many racers as we can here on Sunday to end an era with a fun day.

Thanks to everyone.
Scotty
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I will be there.
I think some dudes from IL will be coming also.
13.5 jaco tires sounds good to me.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
I will be there.
I think some dudes from IL will be coming also.
13.5 jaco tires sounds good to me.
Maybe even some dudettes.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like VTA is going to have at least 10 rides, I know of 2 others that are talking about making the trip up. I'm looking forward to watching those 1/12th scale cars, those things are stupid fast.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Scotty, It is a shame there will not be anymore oval being raced on the carpet, but I will try to be there for the dirt oval and I'm picking up a short course truck this weekend so I can help support this winter. See ya Sunday jason van hise
Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'll be making the trip up for the end of an era. I'll miss the novak race, was always a great time. See ya on Sunday.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
Tous 7 we'll have to meet, so I can get some pointers on where to start. Since I sold most of my touring stuff awhile ago, I see I only got asc. blue springs left so I'll have to figure out how to make that work. I'll have the green AAR cuda with the 71 on the side.
Sure thing. Stop by on Sunday. Blue and green #7 Cuda.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi Guys,

yes it is a sad time to be saying good bye to the Carpet, but as a business, I have to do what we can to keep going. I am happy the 99% of you guys understand that it is something that we have to do. Not what I want to do, but have to do.

So I hope we have as many racers as we can here on Sunday to end an era with a fun day.

Thanks to everyone.
Scotty
Best of luck Scotty! You gotta do what you gotta do to keep going and feed your family. Any business is tough, but an RC track is really tough! Andy Wallace Carbondale, IL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.