Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Racing Sunday 5/2/10 @ Strictly RC ! >

Racing Sunday 5/2/10 @ Strictly RC !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing Sunday 5/2/10 @ Strictly RC !

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Racing Sunday 5/2/10 @ Strictly RC !

Strictly R/C
7713 W. Lawrence Ave.
Norridge,IL 60706
(708)456-9100
Question's-ask for Brian or Mark

Large High traction Asphalt On road Racing!
Track/pit set up 8:30-10 A.M. Racing @ 12pm. Hope to see you all here!

$15.00 first class
$10.00 second class

Last edited by B.JUCHA; 04-28-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

lets have a great turn out! cait wait!

Last edited by RLMW VQ; 04-28-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default To Our Valued Customers

My name is Mark McCarville, I am the Manager at STRICTLY RC. I am posting this on behalf of Jim, Brian and STRICTLYRC, the store, in response to the changes occurring in racing this summer

First off, Strictly RC Racing has NOT gone away nor has it MOVED to another location. Simply put; for business reasons, Kenji and the Strictly RC Racing program have come to a fork in the road and have parted ways with no ill will. We at Strictly wish Kenji all the best in his endeavor.

We will begin the racing season this Sunday and everyone is welcome to attend. The classes in mind for the season are: Touring Car, VTA, RCGT, F1, Tamiya Mini-Car Racing as well as 4 Wheel-drive Mini. We hope to be adding other classes as the summer progresses.

The racing program is being run by Brian Jucha and will continue to be run in a timely fashion. For those who don’t know Brian, he has been in the hobby since 1988 and has been a factory driver for the last decade. We feel his expertise will bring a lot to the program and to assisting the new drivers that show up to race.

Also, The Asphalt Assault will continue this summer with the addition of a race at Leisure Hours Raceway, in Joliet as well as races at The Track at Winthrop Harbor, Al’s Hobbies and the finale here in September. As in the past, this year will be a fun filled / competitive racing series brought to you by the largest hobby shops in Illinois. Again there will be awards given out for the top five finishers at each leg of the series as well as a championship award for the best in class for the whole series.

I hope this clears up all of the gossip that has been flying around. We have been and always will be committed to providing the best possible race experience in Chicago. Should you have any further questions we will be unveiling our own forum shortly, in the mean time you can reach us at the store for any immediate concerns.

Sincerely,
Mark McCarville
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Racer's !

Sundays weather is LOOKING Great! May be a little wet in the morning,please dont let it discourage you because by 9 a.m. at the latest it will be clearing up! SUNNY and warm the rest of the day!
I'll be out there by 8 a.m. feel free to come on out and set up your pit's.

New track barrier system is looking good! Cant wait to see you all back out racing with us!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Track is ready for Sunday!

The last two day's have been a scramble to get the track painted,assembled and ready to race.Two 14 hour days and 2000 feet of wood and we are done. Just in time! We wanted to design a car friendly track(unlike pvc that we used in the past) using kydex wrapped corners. The way I set it up you will find that all the corners will have a nice rounded arc to them. Also, the new track dimension's will be 120 x 70. The length will be a bit longer than in years past, but we are gaining over 20 feet in width!

I would like to thank Erwin,Victor and Aric and Jim from Al's Hobbies for there Hard work and dedication to Strictly R/C racing program.These guys 100% donated there time to make this happen. Blood sweat and tears...and a little cussing to go along with it..LOL You guy's are the best!

Would like to also thank Jim Schmidt- owner of Strictly R/C for his dedication and support of our racing program as well. Jim spent a lot of money on improvements to the track as well as in the shop with more parts support.

To all of are racers old and new Thank you for your support! Hope you like what we have done as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Thank You
Brian Jucha

Last edited by B.JUCHA; 05-02-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds great... see you guys in a little while. I'm heading down shortly.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stogie
Sounds great... see you guys in a little while. I'm heading down shortly.
Nice ! See you soon.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

RACING IS A GO TODAY ! Come on and and check out the new track!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

People are rolling in and the track is going up! Should have pics up by the end of the day.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thank You !

Would like to personally thank all of the racers who made it out to race today ! We at Strictly really appreciate your business and hope you enjoyed the new track.

Lots of new face's out here today. Veteran racer's Chad Stowe all the way from Milwaukee,Mike Garcia(today's winner) from Sandwich and nitro on road ace Kurt Letchel from Chicago all racing 17.5 T.C. If anybody is questioning the speed of these cars rest assured these guy's were flying!

Also would like to thank Julian for coming out and racing for the first time with us. Julian had his 4wd mini out here today and it looked pretty cool going around the track. Hope to see some more guy's out with these so we can have a full heat of them.

*No racing next Sunday for Mother's day*Next race day is May 16th. and every Sunday to follow. See ya all soon!

Last edited by B.JUCHA; 05-02-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well i would also like to thank everyone for coming out today. 17.5 looks like it is going to be a good class this summer. Good to see all the old faces and the new ones two.
Stogie it was good to see you, hope you can make it down more often to race. Your car looked good out there today.

Also big thanks to Aric, Jim s, Erwin and Jim Schmidt and last Brian J. for all the help. you guys are the best.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had an awesome time yesterday... started off a little shaky as far as what the weather looked like but I was glad to see everything come together as the morning went on and people chipped in to lend a hand with track setup and all the logistics that go along with it. All in all not too shabby for the first race of the season with new equipment, boards, etc. Plus, like Jucha said, we were flying - and that made it all worth it! Good to see some old familiar faces yesterday, too.

Me and my "cheater tires" will be back soon! Just kidding, spec tires from now on.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stogie
Had an awesome time yesterday... started off a little shaky as far as what the weather looked like but I was glad to see everything come together as the morning went on and people chipped in to lend a hand with track setup and all the logistics that go along with it. All in all not too shabby for the first race of the season with new equipment, boards, etc. Plus, like Jucha said, we were flying - and that made it all worth it! Good to see some old familiar faces yesterday, too.

Me and my "cheater tires" will be back soon! Just kidding, spec tires from now on.
Thanks again Chad for making the drive down to race with us!