Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES >

2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
I just met with the graffix guy on monday the 15th about the shirts. He said it would take a week or so to get a design together then would e-mail it to me and then I'll post it up. He also asked how many so thats why I'm trying to get an estimate, so I'm not holding anyone over a barrel to purchase just if you think you might want one give me a pm. Thanks
Here's my solution. Well, first the problem. The flyer doesn't even mention the price per class (unless I missed it) The series price should be a little higher than the track's regular race price. I suggest $25 for the first class, $15 for additional. Rookies are $10.

That should be higher than any track's regular price and the additional money should go towards he First thru 3rd place trophies per class (or plaques or whatever) and then the cost of the shirts should be covered as well. Hand out the shirts at the 2nd or third series race and check names off a list so you know who missed those events and you know later who should still get one.
Should be pretty easy and I would expect that after 6 series dates there will be plenty of money left. Maybe there could be a dash for cash race for a couple classes top finishers or a 50/50 raffle at the last event. Or the extra money could buy some small but very useful prizes to hand out at random at the last couple events. (lexan scissors, body reemer, bodie, tires, rims, deans plugs, bullet connectors. Simple stuff almost everyone could use.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

mike did u tap my phone again? rod and i were just talking about every thing you wrote. i thought i had prices on this flyer but i dont. my bad. i will fix it some how. this is what we were thinking 20$ first class 8 $ second class 5$ additional classes! i fixed it thanks mike!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rod I would take an XL, L, and a S.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Of course I tapped your phone! Do you think I'm smart enough to think of this stuff on my own?!?!
$20 sounds reasonable for sure. As long as it's more than the track would charge per racer you are good. So if you take the highest price entry fee at a track for 1st and additional entries and add to that for the "series race" price you are sure to have some "prize/shirt" money from each race.
You might want to have one price for additional classes instead of a price for a 3rd. Easier math that way. And what if someone runs a 4th? It's possible with mod sct and stock sct and buggies. A stock truck driven well can beat most mods.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

ok. Here's another question? When do you guys want to rebuild your layouts. At Outback we were changing it about every month. There's a new layout that just needs to be groomed and set up for the spring and then I would change some of it slightly for the big race 3 weeks later.
Do you want each track to have a new layout for the series dates? Is that more fair to everyone? Or should the tracks all run an older layout for the series dates giving a "home field" advantage to the locals at their own track? It could be very interesting that way. Obviously some folks will be at other tracks and could learn the other layouts as well.

I figured we should all do it the same way so the Outback regulars dont have to learn a new layout there (like everyone else) on the series dates and then drive against a well-practiced field at the other tracks.

Your thoughts?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210
ok. Here's another question? When do you guys want to rebuild your layouts. At Outback we were changing it about every month. There's a new layout that just needs to be groomed and set up for the spring and then I would change some of it slightly for the big race 3 weeks later.
Do you want each track to have a new layout for the series dates? Is that more fair to everyone? Or should the tracks all run an older layout for the series dates giving a "home field" advantage to the locals at their own track? It could be very interesting that way. Obviously some folks will be at other tracks and could learn the other layouts as well.

I figured we should all do it the same way so the Outback regulars dont have to learn a new layout there (like everyone else) on the series dates and then drive against a well-practiced field at the other tracks.

Your thoughts?

Good point, MJK. I figure the rules are laid down nicely now, so some of us will look at the points series and see how to play it right. For example, missing a race with light turnout would be bad because you miss a chance to be higher on the scale for that day.

You are talking about the advantage of memorizing a track, and how we always like to change up the Outback to combat that effect. But we probably do it more than most places. If we kept an old layout, would I be out there every evening driving on it for weeks?

BTW, the dirt is actually race-able now. The jumps just need to be heavily groomed. I thought about going out and grooming a few just to get the ball rolling. And to check out some tires.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good, Bob. Feel free to shape some jumps a little. I'll fix them later.

and yeah. that's what I'm talking about. I'm kind of hoping that the other tracks are willing to change their layouts for the series dates and we will do the same. I think it's always a little more exciting when everyone is trying to figure out the best lines throughout the little bit of practice they get before the race and then through qualifying. But either way is gonna work out just fine.
I know we haven't even raced on the current layout but I have some real cool ideas for the NEXT one!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good, Bob. Feel free to shape some jumps a little. I'll fix them later.

and yeah. that's what I'm talking about. I'm kind of hoping that the other tracks are willing to change their layouts for the series dates and we will do the same. I think it's always a little more exciting when everyone is trying to figure out the best lines throughout the little bit of practice they get before the race and then through qualifying. But either way is gonna work out just fine.
I know we haven't even raced on the current layout but I have some real cool ideas for the NEXT one!
I'm sure we'll change Outback up anyway. Just wouldn't be any fun to leave it the same. As a new member to the dark side (SCT), may I suggest a long drop-off "jump".
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I may, make a suggestion on tires for classes other than SCT? I would like to run in this series, but as I run indoor and only have clay compound tires. I know what will work but I don't want to have to buy 5-6 different tires each in soft and hard which can add up costs quite quickly (because of the different dirt at each venue). If maybe you could mandate a two tire rule - one large pin one small pin say, Holeshots/bowties or Double Dees/Bar Codes or Step pin/Ifmar Pin, etc..

only a suggestion...thanx
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blackstring
If I may, make a suggestion on tires for classes other than SCT? I would like to run in this series, but as I run indoor and only have clay compound tires. I know what will work but I don't want to have to buy 5-6 different tires each in soft and hard which can add up costs quite quickly (because of the different dirt at each venue). If maybe you could mandate a two tire rule - one large pin one small pin say, Holeshots/bowties or Double Dees/Bar Codes or Step pin/Ifmar Pin, etc..

only a suggestion...thanx
I don't envision that working. But i have not seen step pins fail at outback. Nor goosebumps. Its not like you have to worry about how ghosted your pins are.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Step pins or ifmar studs work very well at Outback. As do jconcepts goosebumps.

I believe I asked in another post, but what 10th scale tires work at CCX and Race'em. I'd like to avoid the two tire rule.(Hard to police-as in no one will want to be the one checking)
And I bet there are a few tires that work at each track so there should be some overlap.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Step pins or ifmar studs work very well at Outback. As do jconcepts goosebumps.

I believe I asked in another post, but what 10th scale tires work at CCX and Race'em. I'd like to avoid the two tire rule.(Hard to police-as in no one will want to be the one checking)
And I bet there are a few tires that work at each track so there should be some overlap.
slash tires work at every track mike
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How about the caliber M2's? I just bought a set hope they were worth the money.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
mike did u tap my phone again? rod and i were just talking about every thing you wrote. i thought i had prices on this flyer but i dont. my bad. i will fix it some how. this is what we were thinking 20$ first class 8 $ second class 5$ additional classes! i fixed it thanks mike!
Hey guys, I am new to the whole racing scene and I dont get what the breakdown in class is? Like do I register for third class if i am a newbie??? or is it after the race how you finish?? thanks

Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It depends on your ride.
If you have a shortcourse truck with stock eletronics you would run stock sct.
A stadium truck ie.t4,losixxxt, you'd sign up for stadium truck.

If you had one of each and want to race two classes you'd reg. 1st class sct then 2nd class stadium and your second class is at a discounted price
If your completely new and want to run in novice class you would register in that class and pay the one entry fee. You get the same amount of heat races and a main as other Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.