Wiki Posts
Search

Thief!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thief!!!

To all racers In S.E. Wisconsin and N. Illinois. We have a thief among us. I had a Trinity Pulse 10.5 motor stolen out of my pit bag last Saturday nite at Trackside. Today I was going to run my VXL Rustler and noticed my brand new Venom 5000 mah 3cell lipo is also missing. It was also in my pit bag, I just didnt notice it until today. IM PISSED OFF!! If anyone has any info on this scumbag, I will pay a hefty reward. This #%*!@ needs to be taught that stealing will get your butt kicked to within a inch of your life.

Thanks,

Brian Clark

Last edited by marccaracer; 03-07-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: harsh language
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

We have had problems with theft at rcp also, but it usually out of the pits, not out of peoples track bags.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

you tellem brian. thats pretty sad that people do things like that, they are just toy cars and they have to go and steal stuff out of people pits...
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That sucks when someone steals like that. This is a hobby that we all have in common and to take something from a fellow racer is very low. I hope you get your stuff back.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you need a 10.5 to borrow Brian let me know , you can run my Novak ss
Sorry to hear, I doubt it was some one local racing with us On Saturday night fever. It's also the reason I quit borrowing some of my tools to the younger people, I don't want them to get to friendly with my pit bag like its there own.

Dynodan22
Old 03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had the same problem. I had left a set of tires out saving a few spots, Set them out arond 1 or so, came back at 3 and they were gone. I guess someone thought they needed them more than me.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Any security cameras at trackside? If not maybe its time for some. I will be there for the tamiya race in April. Now I'm worried. Its impossible to watch your stuff all the time while racing.
Larry.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't let the lack of camera's deter you from racing at trackside this is a isolated incident. Generally the majority are good folks there is a just a bad apple among us. I am sure some one knows who this person is to. Brian did you pit down by the rock crawler room?

Dynodan22
Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by leerjet1
Any security cameras at trackside? If not maybe its time for some. I will be there for the tamiya race in April. Now I'm worried. Its impossible to watch your stuff all the time while racing.
Larry.
I have been racing at Tracside for quite a while, and have never had anything taken. This was done by someone who is not a regular. They even could have been just checking out the racing. Either way you dont have anything to worry about. Like Dan said this is a isolated incident. It is part my fault for leaving my stuff out in the open. With all this hoopla being discussed, I dont think anyone will have the gonads to try and steal anything from their again. Just keep your pit tidy, and put stuff in its place when not in use and you should not have a problem.

Last edited by VPRTRL; 03-07-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling/grammer
Old 03-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I agree. I have raced there for the last 2 years and never seen this kind of thing happen before. Very nice group of guys to race with. Couldnt get better. I, too think this is an isolated incident. Chuck
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That sucks!!! With all the newbies I will have to think twice, think twice before saving a pit spot the night before and leaving equipment there. We racer can stick together and know who we are watch over each other. As we all have seen there are alot of people leaving there stuff there out in the open. Your asking for trouble.