Wiki Posts
Search

New Portage Carpet Track - ROAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up New Portage Carpet Track - ROAR

Hey RC racers.

I'm looking for input on how many racers would regularly race at a ROAR sanctioned track in Portage, Wisconsin. We'd like to get a ROAR track up into this region. How far are you willing to drive for the weekly events and practice? This would be a family owned business with hobby shop, virtual shooting arcade, indoor track and food.

I guess I'm asking, if we open it will you come??!! We want to know what you guys want to see in a track. Give me your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Track

I have a cabin in Packwaukee. I am generally up there in the summer atleast once a month, sometimes twice. I would probably goto a Saturday evening race if it was available. I am a offroad racer who attends S&N Trackside on a weekly basis in the winter, but I do have a mess of carpet cars. I hope it works out for you. It would be nice to have a track that close to the cabin. Count me in.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I would be interested if it were on Saturdays. I too race at Trackside offroad on most Friday nights. They have a great on road program too but race on Tuesday nights. Week day nights are hard for me to make. So a Saturday program would work for me maybe everyother week.
Are you going to have a store too. I know from personal experience, it is next to impossible to have a successfull track without a store connected to feed it more racers.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the comments!

We would like to offer a full schedule of races - week nights and week ends.
And yes - we will have an onsite Hobby Store plus offer some food. Haven't really decided on the type of tracks. I'd like to have a couple of indoor tracks and maybe an outdoor asphalt? We're hoping to hear from local racers as we learn what the area wants for tracks.

Sounds like you may have had a track?

Ken

Originally Posted by rcracenut
I would be interested if it were on Saturdays. I too race at Trackside offroad on most Friday nights. They have a great on road program too but race on Tuesday nights. Week day nights are hard for me to make. So a Saturday program would work for me maybe everyother week.
Are you going to have a store too. I know from personal experience, it is next to impossible to have a successfull track without a store connected to feed it more racers.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Packwaukee - you must be a fisherman. Thanks for the input. We've seen a lot of interest in an offroad track and would like to offer that for sure. Ken
Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackntarget
Packwaukee - you must be a fisherman. Thanks for the input. We've seen a lot of interest in an offroad track and would like to offer that for sure. Ken
OOHH YEAH, Buffalo Lake rocks!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I ran a small off road track in Beaver Dam back three years ago. We operated for 2 years. With no store in Beaver Dam to attract new racers and a less than committed local group we couldnt keep it going. It seemed the locals that had r/c wanted a track to come to but didnt want to support it at least on a bi-weekly basis. If there had been a store in town where newbies would get the interest started and then be pointed to the track, it may have helped. Oh well, I having fun now just racing and appreciating the work the tracks go through just to operate. Just make sure you have A LOT of fully committed local racers before you spill the cash for everything nessessary to do it right.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hope ya plan on offering oval racing for pan cars, I would make the trip up.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You might have a good thing, with RC performance closing and no real solution for next season, any thing is possible. I live in de forest so that wouldnt be to far from madison if it works.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd be up for offroad carpet trucks and scts if anyone else was thinking about that. I hope it works out what ever happens with it.

Ryan
Old 02-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Smile

This maybe a dream come true!

I help run the Reedsburg Racers.
Our memebers were talking about starting a indoor track in the fall of 2010. We have a large out door track that's been arounf for years.

We love to help you out!
I sent you a PM so call me.
www.reedsburgracers.org

Hope this works out!

Last edited by The Bandit 202; 02-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madhammer
You might have a good thing, with RC performance closing and no real solution for next season, any thing is possible. I live in de forest so that wouldnt be to far from madison if it works.
I'm with Jason on this. Not much farther for me then Madison or Reedsburg is. Would we be able to have open practice days in the summer? Especially if nitro racing is rained out. WGT, VTA, 1/12 scale,17.5 sedan,and 13.5 sedan would be class sugestions. Right now RCP doesn't get WGT but there is intrest in it.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I live just outside the dells and portage is about 20 min drive for me...I'm in!!

I mainly race trucks tho, don't have a sedan but I would consider getting one if this place opens. was just to big of an expence for me to have one before and then only be able to race at rcp (70 minute drive). I will be at reedsburg all summer and portage all winter if it goes.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm sure there are a few people from the Stevens Point area that would come down every once and awhile.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default PORTAGE TRACK - THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK

Hey everyone.

We're reading every reply and appreciate all the feedback. It's great! Keep the comments coming - let me know what you'd like to see in a track! We'll have food for sure. Idea track size? Ideal driver stand height? Fan area? Pits by the track or with some privacy? All suggestions, ideas and comments welcome!

Thanks again for your support - without it the track's not possible.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.