Wiki Posts
Search

Racing School 101

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Racing School 101

We started to talk about this in another thread. I feel it needs its own to get some real feedback.

Would anyone be interested in a class to learn how to get faster. Setup there buggy/truggy a little better?

This could happen in the next month or so.

Keep in mind this is geared towards the newbie or someone who just cant get out of the lower mains.

I have been talking to a sponsored racer and he wants to put together a class.

date/fee to be announced later
Old 12-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

where would be at im not a total newb but maby could learn somthing about setup?
Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This is a really really cool thing, I wouldn't mind attending depending on the location of it.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

I would say just general tips are more influential than a class. I have learned to set my car up by doing it myself (and from video games, but that's another story)

The main things I see newbies having to learn is how to let someone past during a race and follow them, as well as practicing consistancy rather than speed. I don't really want to hijack your thread, but making somebody pay to learn the basics seems a little odd to me. Sponsored drivers are supposed to represent their company by helping people set up cars and giving tips for free, not charging for it, at least that's what I was told to do.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z_Schneider
I would say just general tips are more influential than a class. I have learned to set my car up by doing it myself (and from video games, but that's another story)

The main things I see newbies having to learn is how to let someone past during a race and follow them, as well as practicing consistancy rather than speed. I don't really want to hijack your thread, but making somebody pay to learn the basics seems a little odd to me. Sponsored drivers are supposed to represent their company by helping people set up cars and giving tips for free, not charging for it, at least that's what I was told to do.
I think your corect on some of this however I think I should elabarate some.

We are going to try and rent a evening at Leisure Hours. This is not cheep to do, hence the fee.

A sponsored driver does have his reponsibilitys when racing and off the track to his sponsor yes. But this is something more for everyone in general.

The program is about a hour of talking and the rest of the time showing and working one on one with everyone. Prepairing for a race, setup, attitude, driving, passing, using the breaks, drive lines, jumping, and cornering speed are just some of the things to be coverd. We have alot to cover and almost anyone could learn something new.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I to am learning setup and building by my self but i'm sure there is so much to learn and think this is a great idea. I did very well at cheese city at the mid west series but i am no pro and would love to do somthing like this . And reanting lh would be sweet because i have this spotless truggy that is begging to be run so sounds like it would be a win win for me. Who is the pro or pros?When are you thinking of doing this Gary?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

If we get enugh people interested we can do this at the end of next month. I want to make sure we can cover the rental fee.

The great thing is the tire choice is not a factor. We all know what to use and that is one less thing to have to deal with.

Sponsord driver will pop in here soon.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Race-Wright
If we get enugh people interested we can do this at the end of next month. I want to make sure we can cover the rental fee.

The great thing is the tire choice is not a factor. We all know what to use and that is one less thing to have to deal with.

Sponsord driver will pop in here soon.
What kinda fee are we looking at?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by d8tforme
What kinda fee are we looking at?
Not sure yet. Depends on how many want to do this. The more we get the lower the fee.

I will let you know soon.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I would do it depending how much it costs and when because work is sporatic for me right now.
Maybe you could have people sign up for pre-registration and then that would give you an idea of the cost.
I remember LH had a Rookie Night with free racing and it was a lot of fun. I am a r/c veteran so I spent the majority of my time helping rookies. Maybe you could incorporate your class with a Rookie Night if LH plans on having it.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think this is a great idea, I don't know jack about set-ups etc. but would love to learn. There is a rookie day next Sunday that I will be going to but I would still attend this type of setting at the track. Are you thinking about renting the track on a Monday or Tuesday night? Would there be some track time involved as well?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axnjaxn
Are you thinking about renting the track on a Monday or Tuesday night? Would there be some track time involved as well?

yes. thats the plan.

We did talk about a date. Looks like it will be in Feb.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you want to run an extension of this class at the Outback outdoor track, I can give you free rental for that.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
If you want to run an extension of this class at the Outback outdoor track, I can give you free rental for that.
kinda cold is'nt it? lol very intreasted in you program as i have been talking to Yoder and now i have a 10th scale sct cant't wait till spring!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d8tforme
kinda cold is'nt it? lol very intreasted in you program as i have been talking to Yoder and now i have a 10th scale sct cant't wait till spring!
Sure thing. I just need some lessons myself. Actually, we often get some fast guys out there to let us know if we did our homework properly.