Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Summer Road Racing in Verona & Rockford >

Summer Road Racing in Verona & Rockford

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Road Racing in Verona & Rockford

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 03:47 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JCTC3
Hey guy's how about a complete schedule of dates'times and which track so it could easily be printed off. Kind of like a flyer with contact #s and such. It would be easy to print off and hand out or give to hobby shops. Jeff
With the combined Madison/Loves Park schedule, try to get a sheet for both tracks to get in HobbyTown down here. I keep telling about the tracks, but have no sheets with directions or anything. I also write down the address to RCtech on paper, but i havent seen anyone on here yet
Old 03-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

jeff...our schedule has been set.....as with the rules for each class.....they will be available later in the week....i can say this, our first scheduled sedan parking lot race will be may 5th......i will have a race flyer for the summer done later in the week...i will post what i know tomorrow...as far as dates and such.....
Old 03-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Administrator

marc...a couple things we missed yesterday......

1 sportsman b-z main....5min????

sedan gas, amain, 15-20min, depending on turnout, more than that = alot of tire wear....sedan b-5 or 10???c-z 5 min

mod and stock elect 5 min.......

does that look ok....give me some imput on the nitro times.....i am just throughing them out there......

later, matt
Old 03-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

matt - here are some answers.

Sportsman Gas A main will be 10 min.
Sedan Gas A main will be 15 min.
ALL other mains for the nitro classes will be 5 minutes.

All electric classes will be 5 minutes

EVERYONE ELSE THAT IS WONDERING............

I have The Team Barber Flyer Done and will be distributing them this weekend at the I-94. I recommend that if you need directions to either contact me or use one of the many direction engines on the internet. Both tracks are fairly easy to find and i would be glad to help you.

Also here is the final dates for the all the barber races and TCCS races (both us and MARCCA). ALL RAIN OUTS (TCCS) will be made up on the next available race at that location.

Barber Racing:
May 12
June 9 (TCCS 1 BARBER)
June 29 (TCCS 2 MARCCA)
July 14
July 28 (TCCS 3 BARBER)
Aug 11
Aug 17 (TCCS 4 MARCCA)
Aug 25
Sept 15
Sept 29
Oct 13

Fees at Barber Racing are $12.00 and $8.00 for each additional class.
TCCS races are $15.00 for ea. class. The TCCS is a payout series and a portion of your race fee will go to the purse.

more later.........
Old 03-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Administrator

thank you marc.....see you saturday...i will have our flyer done by sat.....so we can get them going...
Old 03-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Marc Just my .02 worth I don’t think money racing is a very good deal. To many chances of trouble for something that can never possibly pay racing bills This is a hobby and I would like it to stay that way. What does every one else think? ( If the pay out would pay for my entry fee, tire bill and gas money then that’s a different game LOL)
Old 03-13-2002, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I have seen your right foot Skip and the winners purse for the Daytona 500 wouldn't pay for your gas bill.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

I have to agree with Skip. I would rather just race. When you start having money given to the winner, people start taking it way to seriously. Too many hard feelings. People will get pissed off at each other. I race to have fun, not to get pissed or have someone pissed at me.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

skip - i appreciate your opinion, and agree with it to an extent. But it was my original intent to offer something a little different for RC racers. i for one have always done this hobby/sport for just the love of it. and how many times have you been telling other people about your hobby and they always ask "how much money can you win?" and your answer is probably the same thing every time "nothing, i do it for the fun of it." and that is okay, all we are trying to do is put something on top of that fun. yes we could run a points series and give out plaques or trophies, but you may agree with me that most of those (excluding major championships) usually end up in a landfill after a year or so. so think of the purse as a paper trophy. and if i remember correctly you didn't have a problem taking our money last year. thank you again.

reid - also, thank you for your opinion. but if you would ask the people that ran in our points series last year, i think they would all agree that this payout series did NOT have that seriousness that you talk about. we pride ourselves on running a very clean, smooth, and most important FUN program. we did change our schedule a little this year and instead of running the whole summer as a point series we are now only doing 4 races. They will decide the TCCS champion. 2 races will be held in rockford at our track and 2 will be held in verona (MARCCA). we have 7 other races at the rockford track (flyers will be sent out this weekend). i hope you will give us a try you will not be disappointed. again, thank you and hope to see you out there.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:33 AM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by TheBarber
skip - i appreciate your opinion, and agree with it to an extent. But it was my original intent to offer something a little different for RC racers. i for one have always done this hobby/sport for just the love of it. and how many times have you been telling other people about your hobby and they always ask "how much money can you win?" and your answer is probably the same thing every time "nothing, i do it for the fun of it." and that is okay, all we are trying to do is put something on top of that fun. yes we could run a points series and give out plaques or trophies, but you may agree with me that most of those (excluding major championships) usually end up in a landfill after a year or so. so think of the purse as a paper trophy. and if i remember correctly you didn't have a problem taking our money last year. thank you again.
I agree, for me, the payout covered most of my entry fees. It didnt cover the 2 races that i ran Nitro, but it did cover my entry for when i switched to electric. I personally thought it was cool.. A trophy for me just collects dust, money i can spend on something cool, It may only be lunch, it may only be a set of tires, but that still something..

-Troy
Old 03-14-2002, 12:38 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Better keep those payouts, Troy needs the money to pay off his Turbo 35.

Seriously though, I don't think they are a bad thing. I don't care what the payout is in a race, I'm not going to be any more or less serious because of it. The Rockford races last year had a payout and they were some of the most fun R/C events I've been to. Payouts or not, I'll be going down to have some fun and some good racing.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:20 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by futureal
Better keep those payouts, Troy needs the money to pay off his Turbo 35.

Seriously though, I don't think they are a bad thing. I don't care what the payout is in a race, I'm not going to be any more or less serious because of it. The Rockford races last year had a payout and they were some of the most fun R/C events I've been to. Payouts or not, I'll be going down to have some fun and some good racing.
heh, they kicked me out of the bank.. totally serious..

I'm with Shane, I didnt only go because of the payout. The racing was fun, relaxed, and i loved the track. It's very cool that there is a payout, i love it, but its not like i would be ticked not to get one. I didnt even expect to finish within the payout. It's fun.. and i'll leave it at that.

-Troy
Old 03-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Administrator

everyone...thanks for the imput.....it is all important to marc and myself(marcca race director)...i can see both sides....and like marc said.....we have not had any problems before...and i dont expect any now......

skip, can i pay you to be my blocker....oops that should have been a pm......
Old 03-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Matt Its hard to block with an 8-turn but ill try anything for a diet coke!
See you all Sat. morning.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Matt,

I need to borrow your one-way this weekend. I know you have an extra one. Do you think I can borrow it? I got your tool done but there were some problems with it. I will explain tommorow. What time are you guys opening for practice and what time is racing starting?

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.