Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Allen's RC Cars and Raceway, Rochester IL >

Allen's RC Cars and Raceway, Rochester IL

Allen's RC Cars and Raceway, Rochester IL

Old 03-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow Allen's RC Cars and Raceway, Rochester IL

Please visit allensrccars.com for track details.

Allens RC Cars is pleased to announce that we are going to put on our first big touring car race, scheduled for the end of March (Sunday, March 28th). Rubber tires only (to give those of us who don't run on foams a place to have a good time). Plans include a racer raffle, door prizes and trophies for the mains. The track is located about 7 miles east of Springfield, and is a small carpet roadcourse with some good close racing. Should be lots of fun, which is why most of us are in the hobby anyway! Questions can be directed to:

Tommy Dale aka [email protected]
or call the track at 217-498-7291

Thanks and hope to see some you there!

Tommy
Old 03-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Talking

I have been waitin for this race to happen..lol See you there..
Old 03-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Allen's RC Cars and Raceway, Rochester IL

Originally posted by Racinrc14
Please visit allensrccars.com for track details.

Allens RC Cars is pleased to announce that we are going to put on our first big touring car race, scheduled for the end of March (Sunday, March 28th). Rubber tires only (to give those of us who don't run on foams a place to have a good time). Plans include a racer raffle, door prizes and trophies for the mains. The track is located about 7 miles east of Springfield, and is a small carpet roadcourse with some good close racing. Should be lots of fun, which is why most of us are in the hobby anyway! Questions can be directed to:

Tommy Dale aka [email protected]
or call the track at 217-498-7291

Thanks and hope to see some you there!

Tommy
I think we just found the weekend for our road trip!!!!! Tell the wife to leave town cause the milwaukee guys are going to invade the flat land!!!!

And yes we WILL bring the mini's
Old 03-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Smile YEAH!

Jeff,

Yes, bring the Mini's. If we have enough of them, we'll run a class of them. I know Dave and I will race ours if you bring yours. I sent you and the other fellas an email. That weekend will work out for me, but I dunno about Dave. I'll have to call him.

Already getting emails about the race, looks like fun...

Tommy
Old 03-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: YEAH!

Jeff,

Yes, bring the Mini's. If we have enough of them, we'll run a class of them. I know Dave and I will race ours if you bring yours. I sent you and the other fellas an email. That weekend will work out for me, but I dunno about Dave. I'll have to call him.

Already getting emails about the race, looks like fun...

Tommy
Everything is set so far. 4 of us coming saturday morning the 27th. leaving monday the 29th. we are bringing mini's and ready to kick your a$$
Old 03-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hello all,

Here are some updates on the March 28th race at Allens RC Cars:

It is now a two-day race! Yeah, that's right. Two days of racing at one of the neatest little tracks in central Illinois. Here's the plan:

Saturday, March 27th. Doors open at 8AM for practice. We are planning on holding a regular local event for Mini-T's, Tamiya Mini's and 1/18 Micro's (Buds, Xray, HPI, etc..) with the first of two rounds of qualifying at 6Pm. So if you own a Mini-t, Micro or Tamiya Mini, bring it along and race with us Saturday night! Trophies for top three in each A-main and probably some door prizes as well. So.........practice all day for the touring car race, and race the mini's that night.

Sunday, March 28th. Doors open at 7am for practice, with the first of three rounds of qualifying kicking off at 9am. We will have triple A-mains if time permits. Trophies for the A-main, and plaques for the B. We are going to try to get it all done by 4pm, so you can all get home at a decent hour.

Some other plans include: Raffling off a Losi Mini-T for $5 a ticket, big discounts in the hobby shop on selected items, and the endless roasting of fellow racers!

Questions can me sent to me, [email protected], or you can call the track at 217-498-7291 and talk to Allen himself. Also, we're working on a flyer with directions to the track for those who are coming from out-of-town. Thanks and we are all looking forward to having you race with us!

Tommy

Last edited by Racinrc14; 03-05-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Boomer,

Talked to Dave today and he said he will do whatever it takes to make it. So count him in.

You'll notice that we decided to race the Mini's Saturday night. We did this in an effort to get all the races over at a decent hour on Sanday. We'll race Mini-t's and Micros Saturday night also. So, plan on gettin' spanked on Saturday AND Sunday!!! hehe

P.S. I assume you guys will be staying at Chez-Dale? I do indeed hope so. My wife is looking forward to meeting you all!

Tommy
Old 03-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Boomer,

P.S. I assume you guys will be staying at Chez-Dale? I do indeed hope so. My wife is looking forward to meeting you all!

Tommy
Chez Dale works for us! If you have any fish (or seals) YOU GOTTA KEEP them away from Muk Luk. I have seen it and it isnt pretty!!

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 12-07-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hello all,

Saturday, March 27th. Doors open at 8AM for practice.

Tommy
Holy cow does this mean we are knocking on your door on friday night??!?!?!?!?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: YEAH!

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy
Everything is set so far. 4 of us coming saturday morning the 27th. leaving monday the 29th. we are bringing mini's and ready to kick your a$$
Ok correction there are 5 of us coming now and we may even come down on friday so we can get some practice in!!!

Not that i need any with my mini!

Dave better bring his out!!!!

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 03-05-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Five?

Daddio,

Five? Hey, the more the merrier. Tried calling you earlier this evening, but no answer. So I talked to Mukluk and he said four. Cool, Friday will be fine. Track opens at 8AM Saturday mornin', so if you guys want to get here Friday night, we could all be there when it opens. Can't wait, lot's o' fun!!

By the way, I keep the fish frozen, so we should be able to keep Mukluk out of trouble.

T.T.B.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Five?

Daddio,

Five? Hey, the more the merrier. Tried calling you earlier this evening, but no answer. So I talked to Mukluk and he said four. Cool, Friday will be fine. Track opens at 8AM Saturday mornin', so if you guys want to get here Friday night, we could all be there when it opens. Can't wait, lot's o' fun!!

By the way, I keep the fish frozen, so we should be able to keep Mukluk out of trouble.

T.T.B.
Pete "the eating machine" is coming down too... ANOTHER MINI!
We are trying to get it set up to leave friday but it is still early in the planning.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default YeeHaa!

Boomer,

Allright! Pete is coming too! This is gonna be great. If you guys could get here on Friday, that would be awesome. We could do the Sams Pizza thing Friday night. Can't wait.

TTB
Old 03-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Ok,

Here we go. Mini-T's........Two Mini-T classes. Stock and Not-Stock. A stock Mini-T is one that retains the stock electronics, and you may have bearings installed in the wheels and rear hubs. That's it. If it didn't come out of the box with it on it, then it will race in the Not-Stock category. This includes trucks that have aftermarket electronics (including steering servos), aluminum parts, foam tires, other than kit motors (including the Losi Labeled motor) and other than kit gearing. Remember fellas, the stock Mini-T class is designed for the kids and guys who just want to have a good time without spending a lot of money. Any questions, please email me or post here, and I'll get 'em answered.

As for the touring cars, we WILL be allowing the Binary motor, as long as it has a BINARY arm it in. I will be in tech, and I WILL look at those arms. Also, NO BINARY ARMS in Monster Jr. cans (or any other, for that matter). Also, any rubber tire may be used, no foams. We do not allow Paragon traction compound or the Trinity flavors either. You must use any of the various TQ brand compounds (if you are using traction compound, that is.).

Micros.......We are not going to divide up the 1/18 scale class. The only rules are 5-cell micro batteries, any 1/18 scale onroad chassis and body combo, and you must smile at least once while on the drivers' stand!

Tamiya Mini's......we are going to follow the Tamiya TCS rules on this one. You guys running Mini's (myself included) know the rules, so I don't need to spell it out. Generally speaking, silver canned Mabuchi's, no one ways, Tamiya only chassis' and parts, 6-cell batteries. All about the fun, you know!

That's all I have so far, again, please post any questions here or e-them to me. Thanks,

Tommy
Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

please post any questions here or e-them to me. Thanks,

Tommy
Why do you have such bad gas when you eat my chili?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.