Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
The 2009 SPEKTRUM OFF-ROAD CHAMPS @ TRACKSIDE >

The 2009 SPEKTRUM OFF-ROAD CHAMPS @ TRACKSIDE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2009 SPEKTRUM OFF-ROAD CHAMPS @ TRACKSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Most everyone will be here within the next day or 2 but here is a vid of the track to get you a little more excited about making the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJi9llol_o
Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by interplanet
I use vented ammo boxes to store all of my lipos, in the basement on a concrete floor of course, I also use a vented ammo box for charging indoors. It does the same job that a lipo sack does, contains the flame.
I am sure there be plenty of sacks there to buy or borrow buddies sack
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by dynodan22
Thats nice that you do that home, no one will tell you can't.
This is Scottys track, his place, his rules. Probably Insurance rule
also for the business. Besides your beating a dead horse,really dead.
We all follow the rules, pro's to Joe's so join along

Dynodan22
not trying to beat a horse, i think you get arrested for that nowdays just letting people know.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

What time do the heats start on Saturday morning???
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Probably a little late on this answer, but I heard they started at 10. Open at 8 for 2 hours of practice.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Quinn Konitzer
Probably a little late on this answer, but I heard they started at 10. Open at 8 for 2 hours of practice.
No perfect, thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Stephen Just, shoot me a pm. Does anybody know what his screen name is? I forget..
Old 12-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Stephen Just, shoot me a pm. Does anybody know what his screen name is? I forget..
rcdriver5
so far, the race this year is...awesome! cant wait for tomorrow to see how things turn out. it's awesome to see some losi's out there doing well too. and thanks to scotty for getting my truck going right again.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Had a great time this weekend watching all the sponsored drivers and seeing the local guys win a few as well.

Congrats to Gary Katzer for winning the Stock Short Course A Main. It was a great race.

Thanks Scotty for having us!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Awesome race, there's never a doubt why I look forward to the first weekend of December every year!

Thanks Scotty for the great racing, the great prizes, sponsors, and getting some fast guys from all over to lay it down. For me, it was really great seeing Losi's do well. It ain't the car, it's the driver!

And since Bremer never comes on here, is it to early to start talkin smack!??

Next December can't come soon enough!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Scotty, Thank you for a GREAT weekend of racing, also thanks to ALL of the Trackside staff. It was a long weekend, but a fun one. Can't wait till next year
Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

thanks scotty for another awesome year, and thanks for the servo again. i couldn't have got there without it. and thanks to everyone for coming in and racing, and all do it again next year. i hope we can get the losi crew in there again and cav. nice to see some losi's at the top of the list too.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bandit17
Scotty, Thank you for a GREAT weekend of racing, also thanks to ALL of the Trackside staff. It was a long weekend, but a fun one. Can't wait till next year
+1 and X 100!!!
TQ or DQ...still an absolutely great time up there.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What a fun weekend and what a great event. I cannot wait to come back up in April! I need to take a sec here and once again thank Matt Sunderledge for all his setup help, advice and info. Without his help I wouldn't have done much and my results would have been much different. Matt, it's hard to believe that we started racing together over 15-years ago but I hope that I can someday repay the favors. I owe you.

Now if Marty just wouldn't have wussed out and would have raced LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Thanks to all of you for your very kind comments. But I must be the first to say it is a team effort at Trackside. All of us together is what makes Trackside what it is and makes it the fun place we all love. With out the Trackside Team of guys it would just be another track. So thanks Kenny, Buck and Jamie for taking care of things when I am away from Trackside, to all of you who always pitch in to build the track, help clean up after the race, Help label parts when they come in and just make Trackside the best. Thanks to all of you.

The race was an absolute success! Our biggest Off Road event ever at Trackside. I must first thank Spektrum Radio Systems and Sonny Brown for believing in us to support this event and helping make it the huge success it was. I could not count the number of racers and spectators that spent time talking to Sonny and looking at the display of cool stuff he had set up from Spektrum and Dynamite. Sonny was also key in making it possible to bring in the Losi Drivers for the event. Matt Chambers, Dustin Evans and of course Dakota Phend and his family Doug and Nancy, It was great to have you guys join us this weekend. You are all great people and I truly hope you had a great time spending the weekend with us. I would also like to thank the Richards crew from Ohio for making the long drive to race with us. I did not get a chance to say good bye and thanks, but I hope you had a great time.

I also want to thank Brent Theilke from Team Associated for making it possible for Ryan Cavaliere to race with us again. Having a World Champion like him join us for our events helps add so much to the race and gives the opportunity for everyone to ask for advice or get help from one of the best racers in the world.

I would also like to thank the Richards crew from Ohio for making the long drive to race with us. I did not get a chance to say good bye and thanks, but I hope you had a great time.

It always brings me joy when 1st time racers to Trackside choose to spend a weekend with us. Especially when it is professional racers like the ones I had mentioned. They have the chance to go to almost any race they wish and when they decide to join us, it means the world to me. I am always very proud of the event we produce here at Trackside and my wish is always the same. No matter where a racers finishes I hope they always have a great time. To quote Mike K. " TQ OR DQ" I hope everyone walks away from an event at Trackside saying this is how it is supposed to be done. Fun, exciting, great atmosphere and done with passion and a love for the hobby.

Of course it is so great to have the Pro's join us for our event, but it is also the hobbyist, the regular Joe's that add just as much excitement and importance to the event. And I thank you guys also. Many of you drove many hours to race with us this weekend and that also is very important to me and I hope you also had a great time.

So another big event is in the books at Trackside and we have some new champions. I congratulate all of them on your wins and I hope you all will be back next year December 3,4,5 2010 to spend the weekend with us.

Thanks to Spektrum, Associated, and also Jason at J Concpets for supporting this race and sending some great prizes for us to give to the racers.

All of us at Trackside look forward to seeing you all next year.

Here are the results from the event.

Thanks
Scotty
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.