Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Sept 27, SCT Showdown at Outback RC >

Sept 27, SCT Showdown at Outback RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sept 27, SCT Showdown at Outback RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

that 10 wide start would be sweet! I havent seen the track lay out ! does it still have a long straight?pics?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
that 10 wide start would be sweet! I havent seen the track lay out ! does it still have a long straight?pics?
Hey, where's our photo guy???!!!

Well, we start near the camper pointing straight at the drivers. then you hit a 180 over the dirt hump and go through a short chute. Then you break left and head into quite a long sweeper that head out to left field and blends into the back sweeper for most of the back lane. Then you do a 180 back onto the doubles (which was the old quad), then a 180 then a straight shot through a rhythm section back to the camper where you started. Many small jumps/bumps overall. Say a few seconds faster than old layouts.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tous7
Did you do the watering that one day when the trucks were coated with mud? You can't even see his number!
Yes I did! I thought it would have dried out faster, oops!

I would prefer the 10 wide start, or 2 rows of 5.

Cory, thanks for volunteering to water. You do a much nicer job than me!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I heard Mr. Smooth was in charge of the "Trophy Girl."
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Phhhhhsssssst, I ain't in charge of nada! I can barely take care of myself these days! I heard the coolest sane the other day, "Women are crazy and guys are stupid!" I agree 150%!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chimer
Yes I did! I thought it would have dried out faster, oops!

I would prefer the 10 wide start, or 2 rows of 5.

Cory, thanks for volunteering to water. You do a much nicer job than me!
We'll just need to make sure we have 2-3 marshals in the first turn if we go with the 10 wide land rush. The 2 rows of 5 would probably work out better. Maybe only 2 marshals in the first turn. I think we should definitely go with the heads up start for this race. Even if it is only 2 by 2 at the start, it will still be cool.

Cory certainly knows his watering! It must be all of the oval racing experience.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

We'll just need to make sure we have 2-3 marshals in the first turn if we go with the 10 wide land rush. The 2 rows of 5 would probably work out better. Maybe only 2 marshals in the first turn. I think we should definitely go with the heads up start for this race. Even if it is only 2 by 2 at the start, it will still be cool.

Cory certainly knows his watering! It must be all of the oval racing experience.
Sorry guys, I was phasing out, but how does this land rush work? We can build it in to the track layout, providing a proper lane width for it. Is it just for the mains, or is it part of qualifiers, too? Give me the spoon-fed version.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Sorry guys, I was phasing out, but how does this land rush work? We can build it in to the track layout, providing a proper lane width for it. Is it just for the mains, or is it part of qualifiers, too? Give me the spoon-fed version.
The land rush start is the type of start that use in the real short course truck offroad races. Basically, they line all of the trucks up side by side and then start the race. It's just like a motocross start. I think we should do it for all races (quals and mains). Typically, the starting area for the land rush start is a separate part of the track that doesn't get used during a lap. I think making the start area handle 10 trucks side by side would be pretty tough, but the 2 rows of 5 trucks would work into the actual track design and not a separate part of the track.

The real short course trucks races also do a rolling two by two start at some tracks that cannot support the land rush start. Here is a youtube video that interviews the drivers about what start they like better. Kind of interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aV6gT3fnc
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

The land rush start is the type of start that use in the real short course truck offroad races. Basically, they line all of the trucks up side by side and then start the race. It's just like a motocross start. I think we should do it for all races (quals and mains). Typically, the starting area for the land rush start is a separate part of the track that doesn't get used during a lap. I think making the start area handle 10 trucks side by side would be pretty tough, but the 2 rows of 5 trucks would work into the actual track design and not a separate part of the track.

The real short course trucks races also do a rolling two by two start at some tracks that cannot support the land rush start. Here is a youtube video that interviews the drivers about what start they like better. Kind of interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aV6gT3fnc
Thanks. Do you want to try that out in our next race and see how it goes? Aside from a few leftover jumps, we do have such an area that could accomodate maybe up to 10 trucks side by side. Is the idea that the qualifiers you can hang back and avoid the pileup since you are on your own clock, or do you force the landrush by not using IFMAR qualifying?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. Do you want to try that out in our next race and see how it goes? Aside from a few leftover jumps, we do have such an area that could accomodate maybe up to 10 trucks side by side. Is the idea that the qualifiers you can hang back and avoid the pileup since you are on your own clock, or do you force the landrush by not using IFMAR qualifying?
I wouldn't want to change the NCCS race setup too much, but maybe we could try it out in one of the qualifiers if everyone in that heat agreed to it. I kind of like the idea of not doing IFMAR qualifying because it is a heads up start. It's just like the VTA racing where the clock is the same for everyone.

The more I think about it though, I think 2 lines of 5 trucks would be better for RC racing just to give us a little more wiggle room. We'll have to try it out and see.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ready to Go!

Well Bob:
Here is the 1st pics of the truck. All clean and ready to get dirty at your "Outback Raceway"

Front Pic

Side Pic

The buggy that never made a lap!

The SC10 is stock, except for my Spectrum radio. Running a 3600 NIMH battery, whatever that is. Like the fact you don't have to run a receiver battery.

Well I guess I've started to soften on the "electric" thing. Still going to somehow attach one of my little nitro bottles for some laps for kicks.
Don't worry Bob, it will be empty. Can't wait for the 27th. Be gentle all you regulars, I'm a rookie and will gladly stay out of your way when I'm being lapped.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GeraldRisch
Well Bob:
Here is the 1st pics of the truck. All clean and ready to get dirty at your "Outback Raceway"

Front Pic

Side Pic

The buggy that never made a lap!

The SC10 is stock, except for my Spectrum radio. Running a 3600 NIMH battery, whatever that is. Like the fact you don't have to run a receiver battery.

Well I guess I've started to soften on the "electric" thing. Still going to somehow attach one of my little nitro bottles for some laps for kicks.
Don't worry Bob, it will be empty. Can't wait for the 27th. Be gentle all you regulars, I'm a rookie and will gladly stay out of your way when I'm being lapped.
Cool. Welcome. If you could put some RoundUp in the bottle and run a pump to some booms, that would be really handy.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Plaques

I want to place an order for prize plaques/ They can have pictures/text on them. I can deal with the text part. Would we rather
1) have no picture
2) have the standard picture (see my avatar) which is a B-44 for a SCT-specific plaque
3) come up with a nice SCT picture to go on it (where is a good picture like this?)
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

I want to place an order for prize plaques/ They can have pictures/text on them. I can deal with the text part. Would we rather
1) have no picture
2) have the standard picture (see my avatar) which is a B-44 for a SCT-specific plaque
3) come up with a nice SCT picture to go on it (where is a good picture like this?)
I vote for #3. My wife has agreed to come up with another image using a SCT picture. She could add the text for the date, race name, track name, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. I'll see if she can have a sample together soon Bob.

I say we use Tous2's avatar photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tous79/...7619272549539/

This one's cool too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tous79/...7621817069134/
Old 08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I vote for #3. My wife has agreed to come up with another image using a SCT picture. She could add the text for the date, race name, track name, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. I'll see if she can have a sample together soon Bob.

I say we use Tous2's avatar photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tous79/...7619272549539/

This one's cool too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tous79/...7621817069134/
Ivote for the SCT picture,-- either one is a good choice. Also the two rows of 5 start is aliitle difficult, If your in the front row you seem to always get slammed by someone in the back row. If everybody would remember it's a 6 minute race they could take the first turn easy, then it would be very cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.