Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stevens Point Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been hunting the net for some 1/14ish lexan bodies that might fit the recoil. Its odd scale is no help thats fer-sure. I know we used to get bodies for our x-mods and mini-z's through these guys.
http://www.cpminiraceway.com/index.html

I hope those bodies you found Larry will fit, keep us posted if and when they e-mail you back. If they do I may need to contract your painting services to have one done up. Plus We'll have to get Scotts permission because I'm pretty sure he wants only stock parts(bodies) run on them. Now I do remember talking to him about bodies for the recoil, not sure if he'll let this slide. So don't buy anything til we know for 100%......

I was plannin' on getting some practice in Fri. evening or maybe during the day. I couldn't make it out early tonite because of the storm. Got some nice pics too, was waiting to catch a funnel cloud or a tornado
Old 06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default 1/18 World of Outlaws.

The 1/18 scene gets even cooler! Just unveiled-----http://www.one18th.com/ShowNews1181262252---3,13-showfull.htm
It would be fun to race these!
And DSM on RTR,s, Unbelievable!
Larry.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default Here is their answer,

Originally Posted by steelhawke
I've been hunting the net for some 1/14ish lexan bodies that might fit the recoil. Its odd scale is no help thats fer-sure. I know we used to get bodies for our x-mods and mini-z's through these guys.
http://www.cpminiraceway.com/index.html

I hope those bodies you found Larry will fit, keep us posted if and when they e-mail you back. If they do I may need to contract your painting services to have one done up. Plus We'll have to get Scotts permission because I'm pretty sure he wants only stock parts(bodies) run on them. Now I do remember talking to him about bodies for the recoil, not sure if he'll let this slide. So don't buy anything til we know for 100%......

I was plannin' on getting some practice in Fri. evening or maybe during the day. I couldn't make it out early tonite because of the storm. Got some nice pics too, was waiting to catch a funnel cloud or a tornado
Hi Larry-
The #94, 1/12 Charger is 6 1/2" wide at the front wheels and 6 7/8" at the rear, and 15" long. The #241, Memphis Mini late Model body is 6" wide and 12" long. All of our bodies come unpainted and untrimmed.
You can visit our web site at www.mcallisterracing.com You can order direct from us at any time. We only have the #48 Slixx full graphic decal in stock for $15.00 each.

All bodies are $13.99 with the following exceptions.

Complete EDM - Eastcoast Dirt Modified bodies are $23.99.

Sprint & Midget bodies for 18T & Mini T are $10.99.

Mini Outlaw T & Mini Mod bodies are $10.99.

We also have detail decals available for Fusion, Monte Carlo/Impala, Toyota or Charger for $4.99 each.
1 body ordered is $8.99 shipping

2 bodies ordered is $9.99 shipping

3 bodies ordered is $10.99 shipping

4 bodies ordered is $11.99 shipping

orders over 4 bodies ask for shipping price...

ALL SHIPPING CHARGES ARE FOR U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY.

We accept PayPal, Money Order or Visa or MasterCard direct.

If you want to use PayPal our sign in information is [email protected]

If you want to send a Money Order please send to Gary McAllister, 875 Inland Shores Dr., Flagstaff, Az. 86004. Put your e-mail & address in with Money Order. We do not accept personal checks.

If you want to use Visa or MasterCard direct please e-mail us your information or call us at (928) 714-1799.

Please e-mail us & let us know what your payment method will be plus your name and address for shipping. We ship UPS so we need a street address for shipping.

Thank You Again,

McAllister Racing

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:05 PM
Subject: r/c bodies?

Have you guys ever mounted a #94 or a #241 body on a sportwerks recoil? They are 1/14 scale. We have a racing series for them here, and sportwerks only sells 1 body for them.
Can you give me the length and width of these bodys? I imagine if the wheelbase was off a little I could adjust that for the 1/14 wheelbase, right? The wheel openings are not cut out yet correct?
Larry.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

The recoil's stock body is 5 1/2" wide in the front and 5 1/4" in the rear. It also has the length of 11 3/4" to 12" depending on how the front bumper is trimmed. I have it cut down to shortest and lowest possible body placement for the extra areodynamic advantage. That memphis late model would work but its not the true stocker look. They might not have the bodies we're looking for but they do have some nice decal sheets. Got some time in tonite at the supercross and the vendetta was jumping ALOT better! Got a chance to met Bump Draft Jr. and scope out my future compitition. Paul,Betsy(?) and I played around for a hour or so til the cars gave out. I bent the front shock towers again and blew out the front left shock. Paul's ST blew the bottoms off both fronts but was jumping awesome. I could make a few full laps time to time but had problems with the ones with the boxes as supports. The softness of the loose carpet jumps seem to flip me no matter what I do, so I'll just take those slow. On a high note almost cleared everything with a fresh pack(prolly when I bent the shock towers), if enough speed can be carried though that turn it can be done....well if landed that is
Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by leerjet1
The 1/18 scene gets even cooler! Just unveiled-----http://www.one18th.com/ShowNews1181262252---3,13-showfull.htm
It would be fun to race these!
And DSM on RTR,s, Unbelievable!
Larry.
Larry that link didn't work, so I cut n pasted it.......I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THOSE outlaw's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say 1/18th clay oval..... http://www.one18th.com/ShowNews11812...3-showfull.htm
Old 06-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Larry......We HAVE to run Mini Sliders! That car is WAY too cool! Hey everyone, if you haven't looked at Larry's link, go look now. THAT is a class that we just have to run! That car looks absolutely awesome.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

I was thinking a "real" dirt oval would be da shiznit with those. Heck making a little track like that would be easy and the clay needed can't cost much at all...... hmmm I did want an oval track built in my yard too
Old 06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Judging from the timestamps, it looks like you and I got our eyes bugged out on that new Losi at approx the same time, Jim. Isn't that a real looker???? I'm going to have soooooo many 1/18 cars.....LOL.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

I'll bet those things are going to be so popular that if we ordered one now we won't see it until Christmas. I've been dying for a sprint car body and now Losi does a full caged-in sprint. Oh baby......I could become a full-time oval guy with a ride like that.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

you could run those cars with foam tires on carpet
Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

I just found that car for $170.00 and it comes with 2.4 ghz radio. Thats cool. Those i think would handle really good and would be alot of fun.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Mhmmmmmm........I see that they've got a late model body conversion for it too. Wouldn't that be cool--a late model class & a sprint class during oval season? Street price on the entire RTR is 179 bucks. (late July availability)
Old 06-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

I saw that late model to. That would cool also, loads of fun!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Racing starts in 1:45. I'm ordering mine when I get down to the track. See you there.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

I wil have my vendetta already to go but i can't make it this weekend because we have my son's birthday party but i'm good to go. I will have to do some major practice to keep with you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.