Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
race'em rc car club's new track in the westside of rockford >

race'em rc car club's new track in the westside of rockford

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

race'em rc car club's new track in the westside of rockford

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is this the spot just west of the church inbetween kilburn? I can NOT stress enough get rc scoring pro or it's going to be an issue. Someone will post that it's not true and give a ton of oppions BUT if I can suggest one thing that is what is needed. If and when I show up I hope thats the first thing my entry fee is going for. pit lane,driver stand,electricity,bathroom all come after the scoringsystem IMO. Best of luck and will see ya soon
Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
Is this the spot just west of the church inbetween kilburn? I can NOT stress enough get rc scoring pro or it's going to be an issue. Someone will post that it's not true and give a ton of oppions BUT if I can suggest one thing that is what is needed. If and when I show up I hope thats the first thing my entry fee is going for. pit lane,driver stand,electricity,bathroom all come after the scoringsystem IMO. Best of luck and will see ya soon
yep thats the spot .Well get ahold of Justin and and he can be more of a help with your questions and im sure a scoring system will be added . Me as a club member would like to see the same and will even throw some cash is on it because i really want one to to become a better racer and have somthing to put on the resume .
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

Its Justin Zaugg President of Race Em RC. I am typing this on my laptop on the side of the road so please bare w me on the spelling errors. I will make this one short and to the point, and I will get into detail hopefully later tonight.

First, Yes we do have a track location and a Track now. I know alot of you guys are going to doubt it cause we have been trying for 2 years now. Well, if you do not belive, or just want to check it out, please feel free to call me 24 hours a day for directions. We have been out there everynight for the past 2 weeks getting ready. As far as driver stand goes, there is a 12 foot berm that is seeded and grass has been growing for almost 2 months now. No mud on this one.

As far as help goes, the more people we can get out there tomorrow the better. IF you can come out please bring some shovels and rakes and anything you can think will make it easier. Most of the machine work is already done with piles of dirt were the jumps will be. We do need to move just a little more dirt for some of the jumps with a wheel barrow. Nothing major. Who ever comes out and helps out, will get some pizza and some drinks afterwards as we sit around a bon fire and enjoy our creation.

We plan on Racing sunday if everything goes well. This will pretty much be a test day. Drive it, if we see something we don't like or need to change, we will.

As far as a scoring system goes, that should be right around the corner. We have a very big sponsor for this track and we are still working on the details with him. If you come and meet with us tomorrow I will let everyone know about that.

So I am asking you all to come out and give a helping hand with the track. The more people, the faster we will be racing in rockford. Any other questions please just call me, I will be at the track most of the night and from 8 till ???? tomorrow. Will not have much time to get on here this weekend.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Justin Zaugg
Race Em RC
Old 07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Justin for jumping in and he is the to ask the questions and more the director of the project . I will keep in close contact with them and will try and post throughout the week next week .and really hope to meet some new friends and race buddies.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well!!!!!!

So we are hosting Race Em R/C's First open house tomorrow from 11-6. The track is completed and ready to run. This is just basicly a practice day, and to get the track broke in. It is a little loose, so there will be a lot of watering going on tomorrow to get it grooved. We ran a few laps tonight and it is a pretty big track. Talking any where from 35-45 second lap times!! Very technical track. You must bring your A game to this track!

Any one and everyone is welcome tomorrow. Run what you brung. No fee's no costs at all.(except the parts you break) If you need directions please call me.

815-509-8391
Justin Zaugg

Other wise look it up on mapquest.

It is on sapphire st Rockford IL 61101

This street is no longer than a 250 feet. No houses on it, it dead ends into the feild where the track is. Follow the tire marks to the right and you will see the track. If you have a small car it can make it, but it is a little bumpy right now..

Hope to see you all out there!!

Thanks again and we finally have a track!!!

Justin Zaugg
Race Em RC
Club President
Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

yep after a long day of hard work it is complete and am happy to report that it's an amazing layout like no other i have seen or ever raced on . We had a friend out take some pictures and is burning a disc for me so i will post pictures tomarrow. Like Justin said there will be a day of racing but just for fun and everyone is welcome to stop out.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Wondering how your turnout was today? If I would have been around (was @ the Nats since Wednesday) I would have come out there to check it out. Always like to go to new tracks and try them.

What are you thinking of a scoring system?
Do you have any pictures of the track?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kanai kid
Wondering how your turnout was today? If I would have been around (was @ the Nats since Wednesday) I would have come out there to check it out. Always like to go to new tracks and try them.

What are you thinking of a scoring system?
Do you have any pictures of the track?
Hey well we had a decent turn out but being a big race weekend for alot of guys i expect it to grow only larger by next weekend. So give any of us a call and let's have a good race weekend next weekend ! Track is done and all drain tiled but just needs a little rain as it is loose now but simply amazing. And far as a scoring system is concerned it is the next step as i will be gatting a laptop and someone is in line in getting the system . So its just one step at a time this season but we are here to stay and for now lets have some fun and let us get all the details worked out. We are not going to give false hope to you guys like some other track owners have already done ! By all means get your hopes up because rece'em rc is here and we have delivered on a track but the rest will take time to get together.