Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
HobbyTownUSA St.Charles   Elburn Days Races AUG 22,23 >

HobbyTownUSA St.Charles Elburn Days Races AUG 22,23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyTownUSA St.Charles Elburn Days Races AUG 22,23

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
Go ahead Herold you know you have something to say. Growing up the closest thing I had to a cpu was a TI35 calculator until 5 yrs ago and in jr high we learned on apple 2's.
Have you try using brushed motor and speed controller for brushed motor?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Will there be A/C power? Bathrooms? Water? What about pit tables? How crowded is the area? I am just wondering about stuff disappearing.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Have you try using brushed motor and speed controller for brushed motor?
I have the brushless system why would I go back to that? I can say I never burned up a brushed system or motor I still have the novak duster 2 and a sport model, i'm sure I would be real competitive if I used those.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KDagh1
Will there be A/C power? Bathrooms? Water? What about pit tables? How crowded is the area? I am just wondering about stuff disappearing.
I dont run the show but I can say there are bathrooms right around the corner, it will be crowded and it's in elburn il in the corn the town has grown alot but I don't think you have much to worry about when it comes to things getting stolen I used to live and work there and never had any problems.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have the brushless system why would I go back to that? I can say I never burned up a brushed system or motor I still have the novak duster 2 and a sport model, i'm sure I would be real competitive if I used those.
Then at least you won't have "software" problem like you are going thru since day 1 when you own the system...honestly, I have friends using this brushless system but none of them going thru problem like you did. If you say your brushed system is competitive, why not using them? I know my car would be alot lighter when using brushed system, I just don't have any brushed system no more.

Give that a try and tell those who use brushless what is FASTTTTTTTTTT....
Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Then at least you won't have "software" problem like you are going thru since day 1 when you own the system...honestly, I have friends using this brushless system but none of them going thru problem like you did. If you say your brushed system is competitive, why not using them? I know my car would be alot lighter when using brushed system, I just don't have any brushed system no more.

Give that a try and tell those who use brushless what is FASTTTTTTTTTT....
It was a figure of speach I was being sarcastic (its in the dictionary look it up), and horay for your friends I guess I am not that technologicly savy and it is only a problem on my notebook that has windows vista I just got the system not to long ago I dont spend evry wakeing moment on the computer looking stuff up. It seem you have some sort of a problem with me i am not sure why nor do I care. I tried to poke a little fun before maybe it rubbed you the wrong way or you just have sand in your snatch.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Also instead of talking trash maybe you could have your friends contact me and give me some help. I don't think I am a threat to the people who win most of the PARKINGLOT RACES it's not like there is anything at steak at most of these races, god forbid I have a chance to do well!!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

you just have sand in your snatch.
HA!

Sorry, but I gotta laugh at the thought of Hirosucka with sand in his woo woo.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KDagh1

There will be some power we will have the stores generator there that runs our computor and you can tap into that., but that is first come first serve then you will need to charge your stuff off your car battery. There will be bathrooms all over the place. Water,pop,food will be all over the place also. there will be No pit tables so bring your own plus your tent no shad around there. There will be lots of people all over the place. Your stuff should be fine but still not a bad idea to bring a buddy with to keep a eye on stuff when your out racing. Hope to see you out here.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HTtech
There will be some power we will have the stores generator there that runs our computor and you can tap into that.:
Not to be too much of a busy body but have you used this generator in the past directly connecting computers and electronics to it and it's worked fine?

the reason I mention it is that if the generator isn't the right type it can create dirty power and ruin sensitive electronics like computers and battery chargers and anything else with integrated electronic circuit boards.......
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Kenji, The generators that are tagged or labeled as "inverters" are safe for sensitive electronics like laptops, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Not to be too much of a busy body but have you used this generator in the past directly connecting computers and electronics to it and it's worked fine?

the reason I mention it is that if the generator isn't the right type it can create dirty power and ruin sensitive electronics like computers and battery chargers and anything else with integrated electronic circuit boards.......

Yes the generator that we use works fine with our computers. we have used it for 8 years now and we havnt had anything burn up.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

HTtech - You have probably already posted this, but what time does racing start on Sunday?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

The next Winfield race will be Sept. 12.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
HTtech - You have probably already posted this, but what time does racing start on Sunday?
I didn't know you raced offroad. I want to go but the AA at strictly is the same day, I would probably be the only 4wd 1/10 buggy there any way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.