Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks near Aurora, Il

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tracks near Aurora, Il

Going to be in Aurora Memorial day weekend and looking for tracks and shops to check out Friday morning and maybe get some track time with my touring car. Any suggestions for easy driving distance?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tarheelquality
Going to be in Aurora Memorial day weekend and looking for tracks and shops to check out Friday morning and maybe get some track time with my touring car. Any suggestions for easy driving distance?
Leisure Hours in Joliet is only 30mins away.

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/
Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

NITRO or ELECTRIC TC?

Leisure Hour @ Joliet would be your closest track to do NITRO TC, but if you are running electric, you might be 1 of the few that will bring electric TC there. I am sure they will let you run with the gas car but don't expect a hugh turn out for elect....LHR is a dedicated 1/8th nitro on road track.

If you can spend about 45 minutes head toward Ohare airport area....SUNDAY, there is on road electric (mostly) TC racing @ Strictly RC raceway....13.5 TC, RCGT, 1/12th, F1, USVTA...that track is complete opposite to LHR...hardly any nitro. Racing outdoor @ parking lot.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...rridge-il.html

So you can choose between these 2 locations. They both run on SUNDAY only...(for on road). There are couple more tracks in Chicago area...but it will be a long drive from Aurora area.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

ANy chance of Leisure Hobbies letting me on the outdoor track for a few laps on Friday? I will be on the way back Sunday morning most likely.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ANy chance of Leisure Hobbies letting me on the outdoor track for a few laps on Friday? I will be on the way back Sunday morning most likely.
I don't see why they wouldn't just ask for Bernie.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

touring car on the offroad track?lol j/k they have open practice fri nite/sat morn for the off road. check out the lh web site. sat nite is a il pro series off road race.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Well from the website pictures they have a huge outdoor on road track. That is what I want to try. I do not have an offroad car right now as much as I would like too and will not be free except Friday morning. Well if I cant run I will at least get a chance to check it out.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

call scott at the shop 815 439 1477 or bernie at the track 815 722 1330. who knows maybe it will work out for ya. the onroad track looks really cool.