Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
NEW TRACK IN LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL >

NEW TRACK IN LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW TRACK IN LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

you better hope its lake in the hills lakewood is very strict on alot of laws
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If they need a lap timing system they should call Craig at ILap. His transponders are around only $35 and the whole system is fairly priced.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey GeraldRisch!
I think it may be time for you to purchase something people actually race-you would have more fun that way. Get a Slash,buggy, something "normal".
I would allow you to test drive my B44 and Slash if you would like.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Chimer:
Yes, I know--I know! Have an Inferno GT. That is fairly normal. The Nitro bike and 1/16 scale nitro Mini Inferno buggy is rather odd for this area.

Originally Posted by Chimer
Hey GeraldRisch!
I think it may be time for you to purchase something people actually race-you would have more fun that way. Get a Slash,buggy, something "normal".
I would allow you to test drive my B44 and Slash if you would like.
Funny you should post that last comment. I almost purchased a Kyosho Nitro Kart. That would add to my missfits collection. Getting really close to buying a "Slash" electric to fit in better. Never owned any electrics, if you want to call them that. Don't have a clue on what packs to run with it. Definately no Lipos for me. Would probably burn down my house with overcharging.

Still love on-road and the smell and sound of nitros, but I'm softening.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeraldRisch
Hey Chimer:
Yes, I know--I know! Have an Inferno GT. That is fairly normal. The Nitro bike and 1/16 scale nitro Mini Inferno buggy is rather odd for this area.

Funny you should post that last comment. I almost purchased a Kyosho Nitro Kart. That would add to my missfits collection. Getting really close to buying a "Slash" electric to fit in better. Never owned any electrics, if you want to call them that. Don't have a clue on what packs to run with it. Definately no Lipos for me. Would probably burn down my house with overcharging.

Still love on-road and the smell and sound of nitros, but I'm softening.
No problem, just come over and charge your batteries over some dirt.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Its lake in the hills. I can snap a few shots as well. A picture taken from Ackman is almost an aerial view to give an idea of the layout and one from the parking lot to see the scale of the track. Kind of a cool berm that goes up and around a large tree
Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

I was in Crystal Lake yesterday and decided to go and check it out. I would say that it does have some potential as long as the neighbors around there don't get upset about the noise that nitro racing would make. I would like to see them run nitro and electric. With this being only about .5 hours from the house, I would come out there and race.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like they are maing some progress
Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default anyone planing on doing some easter bashing near sycamore il or maple park

I am looking for anyone who is planing to do some driving today this beutiful easter sunday on or off road i have a small track in maple park at my barn out doors and want some company I have a robitronic lap counter if it is needed and want someone else to join me e-maile [email protected] or call 630-935-0132 my name is steve.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know what days they will be racing?? I read sundays. Any other days besides then?? I hope so since this place is close to me. If not that will stink as I work on sundays and saturdays are my racedays.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default LITH off-road track

Originally Posted by Astro
Anyone know what days they will be racing?? I read sundays. Any other days besides then?? I hope so since this place is close to me. If not that will stink as I work on sundays and saturdays are my racedays.

What track and where? Isn't this thread about the track in Lake in the Hills. Have not seen any website posting the name as of yet. Astro, are you keeping something from us?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grape Nitro
Located on the grounds of Crystal Highlands Golf Course. Will be open shortly. Will offer races every Sunday and will rent electric buggys for kids or anyone who just wants to play for a day and try it out. They are going to race electric off road for sure but nitro is up in the air. If your running nitro, I suggest everyone call them now and request it so they know that there is demand. It would kill me to have a track this close to home that doesnt allow nitro!!!!
Says right there races every sunday.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Astro
Says right there races every sunday.
Yes, but Grape Nitro doesn't own the track. He just lives close by. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try and ride by there on Wednesday to see for myself and hopefully talk to somebody about Nitro buggys.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

There is no drag racing. The only hard surface is the relatively small parking area for the driving range, mini-golf and the 9 hole course. I looked at it again today. Its a smaller track with lots of curves, no long straights. Still hoping they allow nitro but regardless it looks like a fun track for electric buggys for sure. softer dirt
Old 04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Definately stopping there on Friday to try and talk to somebody. Hope to find out more info because they are so close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.