Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing >

2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing

2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing

Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i understand that about supporting your local hobbyshop. great but does hobbytown have the mo3 in stock ive never seen a tamiya product on the shelf. thats the only hobby shop i would even order it from because i pay less paying for shipping then i would gas to go pick it up from some where else
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

No, I don't think they have any in stock. But, they usually match Tower. I understand he gas issue.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ill give them a call next week to see if they can get me one in.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
EGGROLLLLL!!!
Was that you calling my name and eggroll while I was trying to catch Dyral @ the main.....? !(@&*!#&*(&#*#(@*)&@)(*#

YOU ARE NEXT.....see you and get ready for the T-BONE special @ the NAT...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry I was not trying to stir up anything, just with a lot jumping on the WGT class because of the low cost, I was not sure if was a class had interest. Personally I will run what is offered rather then trying to change what you have. I have been jobless for all most a year, so I do not get out all the time. Last year I was working on my Nitro program, but the cost is to high for a jobless person, in 2009. And with the Nationals in the midwest, this is really disappointing to me.

I wanted to find out what the rules of the stock class are, so I have the right stuff. I do not currently have a 17.5 motor, so if that was the new rules, I would need to purchase one. If it is 13.5, no problem I have motors for this. I just need to dust off the TC car and get ready to race locally for 2009. I only made one race last year, because like I said above, I was working on the Nitro program.

Again, I'm just trying to stay within your current rules.

My sponsor (my wife) is not as generous as Howard's wife... LOL!!!!!!
This year, my sponsor said I need to stay home more to support our daughter including going to CHINESE SCHOOL on SAT and SUN....she said I can do RC as usual, just within my shop in my basement...

Barry....its really hard to get WGT ppl running outdoor cause somehow they do worry about that fancy chassis get scratch...and I don't see the turn out of that @ HTSC. To be honest, I don't think they are any cheap...at least, not cheaper then the already super cheap USVTA.

HTSC mostly has more ppl running 27T/17.5 then other motor. Due to the track size, running MOD is not necessary faster then stock. So you should consider getting a used 17.5 JUST so you can race almost anywhere because this class probably is the biggest beside the USVTA.

Like you....I think I am fading out of NITRO this year for good. Just nitro no longer interest me since I discovered the beauty of LIPO/BRUSHLESS.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
HTSC mostly has more ppl running 27T/17.5 then other motor. Due to the track size, running MOD is not necessary faster then stock. So you should consider getting a used 17.5 JUST so you can race almost anywhere because this class probably is the biggest beside the USVTA.
He did say that he did not have a job and HT does allow 13.5 in stock which is what he has. Not having a job does put a damper on things and I am sure his RC parts budget is zero. A race entry fee is easier to swallow many times vs 1 expensive motor and it helps break the insanity of finding a job.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko
He did say that he did not have a job and HT does allow 13.5 in stock which is what he has. Not having a job does put a damper on things and I am sure his RC parts budget is zero. A race entry fee is easier to swallow many times vs 1 expensive motor and it helps break the insanity of finding a job.
Jeff....I am simply telling Barry, Stock, is = 27T/17.5. Super Stock is 13.5/19T. The Barry that I know...he will figure out the way to get a 17.5 just fine.

The reason David is letting 13.5 running in stock is because usually there are 1 or 2 ppl showing up with 13.5 but there are no super stock class for them to race. Thats why he let them run with stock ppl with 27T/17.5. I personally don't care about that and as long as HTSC not creating another heat with only 2 cars, I am all for it (save time)...but for those who race thru out the year and planning to score points on each of the race for the overall point championship (like yourself), THAT IS A PROBLEM. 17.5 has zero chance to beat 13.5. If there is an unfair advantage occur at the race, why bother to have rules?

It is kinda similar to the HTSC MINI class.......may be the HPI car has the advantage over the M03 and some how this person is winning the race everytime, and HPI is allowed in HTSC mini class simply because HTSC does not want to send someone home when the mini this person got is from HPI, how do you feel about that?

The Barry that I know......he would not do that. Thats why I am telling him the actual rule about stock rubber. Of course, if you are coming only 1 time this year...don't bother to get the 17.5, just run what you have. But like what I have said...13.5 is kinda like 19T motor, it is a faster level of STOCK, mainly ppl who run with FOAM now....17.5 is the bigger class overall, exactly like the old brushed 27T back in the days...

Barry, let me know you have trouble to locate a 17.5, you know I have connection (I can sell you my spare Novak 17.5 since I am running hurricane 17.5)
Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This year, my sponsor said I need to stay home more to support our daughter including going to CHINESE SCHOOL on SAT and SUN....she said I can do RC as usual, just within my shop in my basement...

Barry....its really hard to get WGT ppl running outdoor cause somehow they do worry about that fancy chassis get scratch...and I don't see the turn out of that @ HTSC. To be honest, I don't think they are any cheap...at least, not cheaper then the already super cheap USVTA.

Like you....I think I am fading out of NITRO this year for good. Just nitro no longer interest me since I discovered the beauty of LIPO/BRUSHLESS.
Ok, no problem... I will break open the privite piggy bank, which has been robbed a number of time to buy her support, in flowers, candy and other crap... but i have enough for new 17.5.... I just was not sure what the stock class at HT is... 13.5 or 17.5... but you are correct, I have 4 or 5 13.5 and I guess it is time to add 17.5 to the tool box....
Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I'm thinking of working the mean streets of Elgin, but then who want a little action from a 40+ fat boy....

I have some in the privite bank of "she does not know about it"... as anyone who is married has...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff....I am simply telling Barry, Stock, is = 27T/17.5. Super Stock is 13.5/19T. The Barry that I know...he will figure out the way to get a 17.5 just fine.

The reason David is letting 13.5 running in stock is because usually there are 1 or 2 ppl showing up with 13.5 but there are no super stock class for them to race. Thats why he let them run with stock ppl with 27T/17.5. I personally don't care about that and as long as HTSC not creating another heat with only 2 cars, I am all for it (save time)...but for those who race thru out the year and planning to score points on each of the race for the overall point championship (like yourself), THAT IS A PROBLEM. 17.5 has zero chance to beat 13.5. If there is an unfair advantage occur at the race, why bother to have rules?

It is kinda similar to the HTSC MINI class.......may be the HPI car has the advantage over the M03 and some how this person is winning the race everytime, and HPI is allowed in HTSC mini class simply because HTSC does not want to send someone home when the mini this person got is from HPI, how do you feel about that?

The Barry that I know......he would not do that. Thats why I am telling him the actual rule about stock rubber. Of course, if you are coming only 1 time this year...don't bother to get the 17.5, just run what you have. But like what I have said...13.5 is kinda like 19T motor, it is a faster level of STOCK, mainly ppl who run with FOAM now....17.5 is the bigger class overall, exactly like the old brushed 27T back in the days...

Barry, let me know you have trouble to locate a 17.5, you know I have connection (I can sell you my spare Novak 17.5 since I am running hurricane 17.5)
Howard, I think your a little off about the BL motors being run in stock at HTSC last year. I was there fairly regularly and I honestly do not remember ever seeing someone run a 17.5 turn. Everyone I remember running a BL was running a Novak 13.5 (heck I can't remember anyone that ran a brushed stock last summer). HTSC has never been one for strictly enforcing ROAR rules, and Novak had pushed the 13.5 as the "stock equivalent" for so long that it seemed that was what everybody had. However, whatever rules HTSC decides upon, I will follow. I'm not calling for one or the other motor.

Perhaps Dave can clear up to confusion over what motors were actually run.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Ok, no problem... I will break open the privite piggy bank, which has been robbed a number of time to buy her support, in flowers, candy and other crap... but i have enough for new 17.5.... I just was not sure what the stock class at HT is... 13.5 or 17.5... but you are correct, I have 4 or 5 13.5 and I guess it is time to add 17.5 to the tool box....
That is your problem....4-5 13.5 motor...but not 1 Team Hurricane 'BOOST" 13.5 or Speed Passion 13.5....those are the 2 I have and they are fast enough for club racing to national racing. (sell them all, get the cash, and get the right motor bud..)
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Howard, I think your a little off about the BL motors being run in stock at HTSC last year. I was there fairly regularly and I honestly do not remember ever seeing someone run a 17.5 turn. Everyone I remember running a BL was running a Novak 13.5 (heck I can't remember anyone that ran a brushed stock last summer). HTSC has never been one for strictly enforcing ROAR rules, and Novak had pushed the 13.5 as the "stock equivalent" for so long that it seemed that was what everybody had. However, whatever rules HTSC decides upon, I will follow. I'm not calling for one or the other motor.

Perhaps Dave can clear up to confusion over what motors were actually run.
No...I was not off, and I knew along last year stock class is whatever motor that is not MOD class. But I was not talking about last year, I am telling Barry about this year STOCK and simply telling him to buy the right motor. What I did not know was last year Trans-Am ppl were running 6 cells 27T vs me running 4 cells 17.5....again, that is FINE for me, but I was trying to find out why my car was like 1-2 laps slower then everyone....but again, that was my mistake by not knowing the HTSC rules.

This year stock...is STOCK...ROAR similar type STOCK. Last year, I was the one that used my TA05R running a 27T brushed motor to race against others that used 13.5 and even with FOAMS....no problem for me, I did not win, but I had fun...but again, that was last year. This year, if we are here to share information and refine the class, why don't we do it right and make it well reconized..........Stock is 17.5/27T with 6 cells nimh or 2 cells LIPO, use rubber tires, any bodies, any chassis, no weight limit...I think that is as OPEN as possible for club racing.

Oh.....6 minutes qualifier and 6 minutes MAIN. Trans-Am will be 8 minutes A-main.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There are some things I plan on discussing with Ken this Sunday regarding rules and racing. I would like to see things more inline with ROAR guidelines but I know thats never been what racing at HT is all about.

I've read both sides of the story, I'd just like to see what Ken is thinking before I start posting "official" stuff.

-Dave
Old 02-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

That is your problem....4-5 13.5 motor...but not 1 Team Hurricane 'BOOST" 13.5 or Speed Passion 13.5....those are the 2 I have and they are fast enough for club racing to national racing. (sell them all, get the cash, and get the right motor bud..)
I have a Speed Passion 13.5, with my SP speedo.... I love them...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
There are some things I plan on discussing with Ken this Sunday regarding rules and racing. I would like to see things more inline with ROAR guidelines but I know thats never been what racing at HT is all about.

I've read both sides of the story, I'd just like to see what Ken is thinking before I start posting "official" stuff.

-Dave

One thing you can do, is put a weight on Stock Class, so if you run 17.5 your weight is 1425g, if you run 13.5/27, your weight is 1525g or something like that makes them more even... This covers everyone then... You can run which ever motor you would like and adjust the weight. The fact is last year ROAR stock was 13.5 and everyone new this would become Pro Stock, and the new stock would be 17.5, and the have reduced the weight, and they have increased the heat times from 5 mins to 6 mins. Just so you know.

I do not have a problem with you guys deside, I just want to know what I need to run to be in compliance with the classes. Nothing more.... I understand you do want to turn people away, but you mite get more if you have a little structure... and you can play with weights and other things to now turn someone away. Weights are cheap to purchase compared to motors. Just some thoughts...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.