Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2009 Team Checkpoint Chitown Shootout >

2009 Team Checkpoint Chitown Shootout

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Team Checkpoint Chitown Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2009 Team Checkpoint Chitown Shootout

The Shootout is going to be March 7th - 8th. Open practice will be on Friday the 6th.

Last years race was a blast with a few new things added. This year is going to be even better with even more new "things" added. I will post all of the details after the first of the year.

BTW: It's still at Leisure Hours Raceway...as always!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Is Checkpoint marketing and retailing any brushless motors?

Will the race only allow brushed motors?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race Info

Guys here is all the info for the race. Like I said, there will be a couple of new things. Not every thing is set in stone, but close.

Team Checkpoint Chi-Town Shootout

March 6 - 8 / Leisure Hours Raceway / Joliet, IL

Primary sponsors: Team Checkpoint / Leisure Hours / R/C Car Magazine

Secondary sponsors: (tentative list) Futaba / Duratrax / Much More / UpGrade RC / Proline / J Concepts / Associated / Kyosho / Parma / Novak / Hot Bodies / Panther / Losi

Classes: Mod Buggy (brushed or brushless – LiPo or NiMh)
- Mod Truck (brushed or brushless – LiPo or NiMh)
- Mod 4WD (brushed or brushless – LiPo or NiMh)
- Super Stock Buggy (13.5 brushless or 19T brushed – LiPo or NiMh)
- Super Stock Truck (13.5 brushless or 19T brushed – LiPo or NiMh)
- Sportsman Truck (13.5 brushless or 19T brushed – LiPo or NiMh)
- Slash (Leisure Hours Rules – 3600 NiMh stick pack)

Race times:
- 5 minute qualifiers (total of 3 rounds)
- 1 “flying lap” qualifier (total of 1 round)
- Mains based on Qual points
- 6 minute mains
- 8 drivers per main
- 2 bump ups per main

Flying Lap Qualifier – this will be just like real racing where each driver will receive one warm up lap and one lap on the clock.

Dash for Cash:
After all the qualifiers are finished, the top four drivers in three different classes will race the layout backwards. The start will be inverted and it’s winner take all. 100% of all money raised in the raffle will go towards winnings. Eligible classes are Mod Buggy, Mod Truck and Super Stock Truck.

Saturday Night Team Slash Bash: Limit 15 trucks. (first come, first serve – registration will not be open until noon on Saturday - $10.00 entry fee.) A team will consist of two drivers. Each driver must run at least ten minutes.

Qualifying will be a ten minute open practice. Fastest laps times will seat you for the main. The main event will be 30 minutes in length with a mandatory battery change. (Leisure Hours Slash battery rules do not apply – LiPo’s are legal)

Winning team will take the cash prize of $150.00

Team Award: A team is made up of any four drivers from any class. Each driver can only use one class per team sheet. Entry fee is $4.00 per team. Winning team takes 100% of all entries.

Tough Luck Award: The last qualifier in each class will receive a one year subscription to R/C Car Magazine.

TQ Award: The Top qualifier in each class will receive a custom Upgrade RC pit mat.

Trophies: This race has always been known for huge trophies and this year will be no different.

Event T-Shirts: All registered drivers will receive a free event shirt.

Giveaways / Raffles: Sponsors will be donating a ton of great giveaways. 100% of the money raised from raffles (3 raffle prizes) will go towards Dash for Cash.

Schedule:
Friday March 6 – Open practice
Saturday March 7 – 4 qualifiers / Dash for Cash / Slash Bash
Sunday March 8 – All main events w/bump ups

Entry Fee’s: First class $35.00 / Second class $30.00
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Kenji...Checkpoint brushless motors should be here very soon!

Brushed and brushless motors are allowed.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

how about a 1/8 brushless class
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Any registration forms available yet?
Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Not really thrilled with the Flying lap qualifier counting with the other three qualifiers, doesn't reward consistency and the point of running the other three. You bring in people wanting to wait for better track conditions. Should be seperate event.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So how is qualifying then? we have three rounds then a 4th round for fastest lap? how does this all add up to the top 8 qualifiers? best 2 out of 4 or whats happening here?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'll go buy the e-conversion kit for my RC8 if they add in the 1/8 buggy class. I'm sure I could get 3 other RC8 guys to join in as well.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

I figured we would get a few questions about the one lap deal. The whole reason we did this was to be different and fun. Most people I talked to are bored of the same old four qualifiers and mains...it never changes!

This will be just like any other race that has qual points. You take your best two out of four rounds.

When you think about it, there will actually be some strategy here…do you go for it and maybe crash or do you play safe and get a clean lap?

Like I said guys…it’s all about having fun and trying something different. That’s why we do the dash for cash, team Slash race and have bump ups.

If everyone thinks it’s a bad idea, then we scrap it.

If you guys have any other ideas of how we could spice it up, by all means, let us know.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You could lower second class cost. If I were to come I'd want to run 3-4 classes. $30 per is pretty steep.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was at the king of the wings dirt oval race a few months ago and they did a best of 3 lap "round". It did not count towards a qualifiying position but it sorted the rest of the qualifiers. The main thing was that the guy with the fastest lap per class was guaranteed a provisional spot in the A main.

The major downside to this was that it took FOREVER to run it off. They did a good job of it, but with a huge car count you can only do so much. I waited an hour to run 15 sec then over 2 more hours atleast til my first qual.

For an offroad race I can see this taking quite a while to do. For sure would not be thrilled to have it count towards qualifiying.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cramer
I figured we would get a few questions about the one lap deal. The whole reason we did this was to be different and fun. Most people I talked to are bored of the same old four qualifiers and mains...it never changes!

This will be just like any other race that has qual points. You take your best two out of four rounds.

When you think about it, there will actually be some strategy here…do you go for it and maybe crash or do you play safe and get a clean lap?

Like I said guys…it’s all about having fun and trying something different. That’s why we do the dash for cash, team Slash race and have bump ups.

If everyone thinks it’s a bad idea, then we scrap it.

If you guys have any other ideas of how we could spice it up, by all means, let us know.

its an interesting idea...but the time it would take to run every car there by itself...if you have 100 cars atleast 2min a car prob more...its atleast going to take 3 1/2 hours......we did this at trackside one day for a fun day race and it took a really long time with only 60 cars.....and anyone can put a good lap together...5 min quals reward people who put a whole run together.

just my thoughts...its not enough to stop me from coming..just not a fan of the idea
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Actually the round may even go faster. As each driver is making their lap, the next driver will be on his way out. (about the half way mark)

Why wouldn't you want this to "possibly" count for qualifing round?...it may actually help you get into the A main! Remember...it's qual points.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scott. Don't know if we can score a one lap Q with our scoring program.You need to call me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.