Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL.  IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >

THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL. IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL. IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I did not know about this place and I live in Elgin...
Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default re

Old 12-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Instead of using the name NitroTek, it would've been cool if the screen name she chose as her alias was spelled out of letters from her original screen name.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

POWNED
Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow, mr. losi really is awesome. Some people are even capitalizing his screen name. Going through bad guys on rctech by night, saving lives as a firefighter by day. Thats living the life the life right there...

Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

this could some day be a great paying job.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
this could some day be a great paying job.
Working on a farm
Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devin4444
Working on a farm
Old 12-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
I think nitrotek has been masquerading as SavageChick all this time.
all this time?
shows nitrotek as having only one post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default IP Addresses are a guide.

Ip addressess are a guide, but not a sure thing. Comcast uses dynamic IP addressing on residential accounts but the address of your cable modem rarely changes, especially if you leave it on or turn it on at least once a day. The IP address on DSL lines like those from AT&T changes every time a user authenticates including modem resets. However, it could stay the same if you use a router and leave everything on 24/7. Also, if you are at work, a library, or some other place that shares Internet access, everyone at that location is using the same public IP address. Larger companies and power users frequently choose to pay extra to get static IP addressing on their Internet connetions for various reasons, including being able to run a server reliably.

Connecting through a public proxy is a good way to mask your actual IP address but it will hurt your surfing performance and expose you to all kinds of malicious threats if whomever is running the proxy has no morals.

If Savage Chick says she is not Nitrotek, I believe her. The situation could be something like she made a post from work, and someone that works with her and knew the whole story decided to chime in. Both posts would have come from the same IP.

Don't knock Mr. Losi, he's only doing his job in shutting Nitrotek down to keep this whole thread from going in the toilet like so many others. But comments should be measured with a little more caution.

BTW, I don't believe the Barnyard closing is a permanent thing. The owner has a lot invested in this and he probably just needs a little time to reorganize.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I got the impression from a recent note on the Ultimate Dreamland thread that maybe a housemate or visitor, knowing the story, may have logged in as nitrotek and added his support.

Anyway, it is great whenever something opens. But there is just too much abruptness in the opening and closing. That has to stop.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

i was gonna drive form green bay to there this summer. sorry to hear about it.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got the impression from a recent note on the Ultimate Dreamland thread that maybe a housemate or visitor, knowing the story, may have logged in as nitrotek and added his support.

Anyway, it is great whenever something opens. But there is just too much abruptness in the opening and closing. That has to stop.
So you'll probably be unhappy to hear that its back open again!!!!

Just kidding... still closed
(actually I have no idea other than just reading the thread)
Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Angry open or closed

Last edited by Matt M.; 12-10-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: innapropriate, insulting post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd suggest to everyone that you possess a little more knowledge as to how these things work before throwing accusations/insults at someone. As for now, I'd suggest dropping the subject.

Anyways, I agree with Bob about the abruptness of this place closing and opening. I understand that "the owner" has a lot invested into this operation, but so do others who rely on this as a place to run their vehicles (several people have even admitted to purchasing vehicles specifically for this place). Would it be too much to ask for one or two sentences explaining the situation a little further? I think you're much more likely to have return customers once you open again if you provide a little more information. Mostly, I'm just curious

- Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.