Wiki Posts
Search

Voodo Calls you out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Voodo Calls you out!!!!

WHATS UP!!
To all the Northern Il -southern WI -& Ea Iowa rcer's that used to race with the freeport roadrunners club..... I'm Callin You Out!!!!!
A few weeks ago I came out of rc retirement and started racing again at the cheese city extreme track in monroe Wi.
Ryan has a real nice hobby shop called Discount America that is stocked really well, and a small upstairs carpet track that runs sat. truck/sedan and sun. oval.
To make a long story short.. I bought the losi mini late model, put on the better shocks,bl motor and well I got to tell you,,,,, Its kinda like the old races we used to have up in the old jym in freeport- When rc was pure fun!!! The days when driving and car set up was all you had to worry about. Gone are my Motor Zappers,Dynos,battery dumpers,tire truers, com lathes,ect.
THE CHALLENGE IS ON!!! You all know who I'm talking about-JB junior and his crew, The madtown boyz (Mr Jeff G. and his crew) The Ryder rockfords, Dubque fast guys, And all the road runners.......
Sunday racing!! Wed. night testing......Can You Handle the VOODO???

Sincerly Troy.

PS. LOL-Seriously, come on and check us out we are trying to put together a pro class soon after the holidays are over, like a 65 lap break out that only the top drivers will be in. Keven G, Andy, Cory Y, and myself are IN allready. Rubber spec tires, 2cl lipos, mostly all stk.. its real fun.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voodo104
You all know who I'm talking about-JB junior
You talkin' to me???

I have heard the brushless/lipo combo is helping to bring electric racing back to the forefront.

No thoughts of running pan cars again? Or is the focus going to stay on the late model styled kits?

JB
Old 12-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey JB good to hear from you!!
The Late model racing is kinda like a throw back from the past-Well from the beginning... A-arms, gear box's, rubber tires, low tech chassis, affordable racing, The good chassis tunners/driver will rule! My car is all stk except for the shocks and cvd's, it has the track record of 69laps at monroe.
I'm seeing alot of intrest for this kind of racing/class. Most tracks are offering a sportsman latemodel class for the less exp. I think its great! My 11 yr old son, Chase, just started racing Rc less than a month ago, He's doing real good, You would enjoy seeing him race. Hope to see you soon... Troy
Old 12-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Where do the Freeport roadrunners run?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i know troy or joe b. can probably answer this alot better, but they ran at a few different places for about 15 plus years. every year they had a race called the spring clash. back in the day, this was a race to be at if you ran pan car. definitely wish i could race like that again, really miss the whole club thing.

my dad and i started with the club in the fall of 1995(?) the track was located in the small city north of freeport called cedarville. the club later located to an old school gym in lena, il. at the time my dad and i started, membership was at about 65 members. used to have an end of season banquet with trophy presentation.

i can think of 2 other places the club ran races at. sometime in monroe at THE DEN then also another gym somewhere in freeport

.....Nick L.....

Last edited by vr6; 12-20-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Cool

jb whats up!! hows the forest-city hustler!!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
jb whats up!! hows the forest-city hustler!!

Cory-

Just fat(ter); Katie and I have a little boy now; his name is Ruedi and will be two on January 2nd.

Still race a bit of quarter scale; but now I run a sprint car so I only run about 10-12 times a year (not weekly like the cars do). I miss the Den; had a blast running 1/12th scale road course up there.

The whole brushless/lipo thing sounds pretty interesting to me. I heard you got connected with RIP last year.

You can shoot me an email at jbrooks39 [AT] comcast.net if you like; I can share a picture of Ruedi and of the sprinter.

Merry Christmas and regards,
JB