Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Xtreme RC  carpet 08-09 >

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nino needs a R.C. sugar daddy.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Preferably a suga mama...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ILDRVR
I am looking for a battery and charger sponsor for this indoor season. Is anyone's wallet overflwing? I am sure I could empty it for you.
Nino,
I'll offer to supply you with one slightly used Tower Hobbies 1500 battery pack per month for the duration of the season. How's that?

As for times and everything else...my opinion:
Start time of 11am would be great for me and Derek.

We'll both be running stock (13.5) truck.

My preference would be to run the classes separate, so for those who just want to run trucks or just sedans, they can be in and out in 3-4 hours instead of 6-7 hours.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaithRacing
Is your indoor racing on Saturday's or Sunday's. I really hope it is on Saturday's for 2 reasons. 1. Church is Sunday morning 2. I'm a 3rd shifter and start the week on Sunday night.

I will have a Mod T4 and my son will have a Rustler.
road coarse is on sat. sedans / trucks

oval is on sunday,
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecityrc
I have no problem with running everything together or separate like we did last year. Just go ahead and voice your opinions and we can decide which route to go.
I thought that that the day moved a lot quiker when the trucks ran first and then the cars. It was always a big deal to get the jumps moved around. Then atleast the track is always the same( jumps in the same place) And there is enough pit space.

As of today, I will be running 13.5 truck, with cells
Old 09-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Scott, I think I am going to hold out to see if a better offer is put on the table.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

oval racers , I know some of you old timers have computers, I’m hearing a few of yall are running or plan on running 17.5/ batts ,what’s the deal? myself as of now plan on running 13.5 batts.

my phone took a plunge off a roof this summer and I lost just about everyone’s number , so if you have my number , call me if your running oval this year. yes, I’ll answer, as long as I’m not taking my nap.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

i'll be running my late model, maybe my wife might run her slider
Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wcrase101
i'll be running my late model, maybe my wife might run her slider
lipo?
Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nino needs a R.C. sugar daddy.
You know it's a sugar daddy Nino.

I have a charger I would be willing to let you use on the weeks I am there. If I had more batteries I would loan you some of them too. I sure we can come up with something.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

oh for sure i don't run anything else, my late model runs a three cell
she has a two cell she be running stock and later on i might be running my losi desert truck and maybe her rustler

Last edited by wcrase101; 09-14-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I need your advice.

This will be my first carpet season and I don't have a vehicle yet. I am leaning towards the RC10 T4 truck what do you think? Regardless of what truck I get I need some opinions on what brushless motor size and brand to get (Novak GTB ESC & Motor Combo)? As far as battery I would like to run Lipo, but my lipo knowledge at this point is limited, I have been looking at MaxAmps. Remember it will be my first season, I would like to get around the track on the wheels more than the lid, and I would like to also run Marrca's and maybe RCP's carpet.

Any help would be great.

I bought a Revo last winter and found out the hard-way that the Monster class is dead, I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
I need your advice.

This will be my first carpet season and I don't have a vehicle yet. I am leaning towards the RC10 T4 truck what do you think? Regardless of what truck I get I need some opinions on what brushless motor size and brand to get (Novak GTB ESC & Motor Combo)? As far as battery I would like to run Lipo, but my lipo knowledge at this point is limited, I have been looking at MaxAmps. Remember it will be my first season, I would like to get around the track on the wheels more than the lid, and I would like to also run Marrca's and maybe RCP's carpet.

Any help would be great.

I bought a Revo last winter and found out the hard-way that the Monster class is dead, I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Thanks,

Matt
The T4 is in my opinion the best truck to run on carpet however the Losi is also a good truck. There are a lot of good brushless systems out there but yes the Novak system would be a good choice. I would probably start out with a 13.5 system so you can run stock class and if you are going to run lipo you would be able to compete in open truck with the same motor. There are also many good lipo batteries available. I run Trakpower. Unlike the monster truck class outside,there will be plenty of carpet trucks to run with. Hope this helped. Ryan
Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

I spoke with Nate Wolbers today. He dropped off the trophies for the outdoor season and also mentioned doing another carpet challenge this year and possibly making it a four race series instead of 2. We also talked about an oval carpet challenge also. I would like to see if there is interest in doing the oval carpet challenge as well and what classes you would like to see for it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

i'd be down with the oval carpet challage, i'd probaly race two classes for that
i'd like to see open modified and stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.