Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Looking for new MARCCA winter building >

Looking for new MARCCA winter building

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for new MARCCA winter building

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Yo, myles I don't have an old marrca email,send me one

And I refuse to pit with you punks! BTW it was called the "bat cave" We derived secret setups and got high on motor spray. I NEED that again. We will bring in a tent if we have to. Nobody can see my set up! To the bat cave!
Old 08-30-2001, 06:20 PM
R/C Tech Founder

You guys could always set up shop in the other bathroom...

Seriously though, if we could somehow get the old building that would be awesome. But I think we should keep looking around anyway, just in case. Barns are better than nothing!
Old 08-30-2001, 08:29 PM
G
Tech Apprentice

I've heard the old building stinks of Nitro....
how do you get that out of the carpet anyway????
that is just a rumor though...
Old 08-30-2001, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

no rumor...only truth....that was the only time that car worked for mylo.....also, i would think the carpet is gone....
Old 08-31-2001, 03:01 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Guys I checked out the old building today and I have bad news and good news on it.

First, they did indeed rent out PART of the building; they divided off part of the rear section where we had the track and made a new (small) storefront out of it and tiled it. I'd say they removed about half of the depth of the track area.

Beyond that, the rest of the building is still there, and in such disrepair that I wouldn't worry too much about anybody renting it! If we wanted it, I bet we could get it. And yes, we would have a little less room but if we are creative it can be just as good as before, we were wasting a lot of space.

We would have to put the pit tables on the side where the track used to be. We would have to remove the dividers along the wall and move the center divider back towards the new wall. We could then lay our carpet down where we used to have the pit area, leaving walkways on either side for the front/rear doors and the bathroom. The track could easily be just as large as it was before, if not slightly larger, and we would have plenty of pit space for our club races and smaller events. However, I don't know if the building would be able to support a Carpet Challenge-type event any longer, there would not be enough pit space.

Whether or not we go for it is up to you guys. For club racing it is a great location and can still be a great track...
Old 08-31-2001, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm.... Has myles talked to that woman yet? He seems to be the that was dealing with her before. Pit space can be figured out. We would have to strictly enfore the half table rule. Maybe we can get it for even less this year.
Old 08-31-2001, 09:07 PM
Administrator

myles talked to her and you are both right....but realisticly we only get 25-45 racers....per event....exept the i-94...so i think if we can get it lets go.....
Old 09-01-2001, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Yea, lets do it. And thats such as awesome location. The owners have also been very accomadating. If anything needs to get done I'm ready to go.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:02 AM
G
Tech Apprentice

It is a great location...
we'll have to guesstimate for a new E-maxx truck class...
I think there might be some intrest...
what is the new place nextdoor???are they sensitive to noise?
Old 09-01-2001, 07:25 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

E-maxx?? Sweet.. that would be cool... lol
Old 09-01-2001, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I haven't seen the old place so you are going to get my thoughts. Consistan location is good for us. Yet, with the change to the interior of the building lets keep looking at other possible alternatives. Who knows, maybe something better will come along. If the old location is acceptable to both parties then maybe we could use it as a fall back if we can't find anything.
Old 09-02-2001, 02:22 AM
Administrator

kraig...we are still looking...emaxx indoors, you would need slicks..and that would be another 100 bucks for tires....arg...
Old 09-14-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

I will be looking at three buildings early next week. Two are around 5000 sq. ft. One is half dirt. Another is 14000 sq. ft. Both of us thought the heat bill would be to high. Do you think that 5000 is to small. Both will be around $1000. Also still waiting for info on the old location. Right now no news is good news. If anybody else has a building ....Get me the number Please. Thanks!!!

Myles
Old 09-14-2001, 09:59 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I can't even visualize 5000 right now. Any idea how big the old building was (in its old configuration)?
Old 09-14-2001, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
I can't even visualize 5000 right now. Any idea how big the old building was (in its old configuration)?
If I remember right it was 9006 sq/ft. I know it was just over 9000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.