Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
feul who has and what do they have. Who has been price gauging on old stock >

feul who has and what do they have. Who has been price gauging on old stock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

feul who has and what do they have. Who has been price gauging on old stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have 2 unopened gallons of Byrons gen 2 30% for sale. $60 for both gallons. Local to MIlwaukee
Thasnks
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey guys as we all know the olympics are over. I have been told the that the cost on fuel has gone down.I was just in Las Vegas about 3 weeks ago and oddonells 30% was 49.99 at danseys. WOW. I'm now in Louisville,ky Oddonells 30% at assylum Extreme was 51.99 a gallon. Scale reproductions doesn't sell oddonells but has byrons 30% was 36.00 a gallon and 20% was 28.00 a gallon. The best Thing to do now is get on the phone and search out pricing before you go and purchase fuel.We all know the prices of fuel went down and we also know it has come down. The question here is what places are selling fuel for fair market price and who is keeping the price of nitro fuel at old prices? The second question is will this hurt the nitro class if fuel doesn't come back down to fair market price?

Guys let us know what your local shop is selling fuel for this will let us all know who and where has fair prices.
WOW Neil you are getting around
Thanks for the up dates on the fuel situation.

Take care
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Hey , Trevor how have you been. Yes i do get around which is bad and good.

My latest venture was to reo raceway in Rockport, In they carried byrons fuel both 20 and 30% the 20% was 24.99 a gallon and 30% was 34.99 a gallon. With talking to them they had also confirmed that the price of fuel has went back down.

I would like to see what everyone in our area is charging for fuel. I personaly would like to see who is gauging on the price and who is charging a fair market price for there fuel.I think if the hobby shops posted what they are selling there fuel for we will know where to buy our fuel at.

With seeing the varied pricing on fuel at diffrent locations will getting fuel mail order be the next thing to come? I have never done mail order on fuel and would rather not but I can say one thing I personally will not buy a gallon of fuel for no 50 dollars.

Who is willing to spend $50 on a gallon of fuel? We all want to support our local hobby shops but at what cost? Now that we have some insight as to what fair market prices are , we can compare and see if our local hobby shops are supporting us in return.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Fuel Prices

Yes the cost has come down considerably on most blends but some still remain at pre-olympic prices because of the cost that was paid for it.

Our prices here, if I were to order today, and have enough to make it worth it (high shipping costs on anything less than a pallet load) and not have to sit on it all winter.

Trinity Monster Brew 20% 27.99
O'Donell's 20% 27.49
O'Donell's 20 R2R 27.49
O'Donnell's 25% 31.24
O'Donnell's 30%R2R 32.49
Traxxas 33% 34.99

O'Donnell's looks like they may have discontinued Race 30% for the time being.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

h town in rockford illinois had O fuel 30% for like 28 bucks
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

WOW! Those guys are crazy. Everyone knows you can mail order fuel for WAY less than those prices. I doubt they paid a price that warrants a $50 retail, now they'll have to sell at a loss just to get rid of it.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Yes the cost has come down considerably on most blends but some still remain at pre-olympic prices because of the cost that was paid for it.

Our prices here, if I were to order today, and have enough to make it worth it (high shipping costs on anything less than a pallet load) and not have to sit on it all winter.

Trinity Monster Brew 20% 27.99
O'Donell's 20% 27.49
O'Donell's 20 R2R 27.49
O'Donnell's 25% 31.24
O'Donnell's 30%R2R 32.49
Traxxas 33% 34.99

O'Donnell's looks like they may have discontinued Race 30% for the time being.
Keep us posted if you find out any more information about the odonnells 30%
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

looks like some of the hobby shops are selling fuel for fair market price. I Hoping to see some of the other shops chime in on here or there customers chime in and let us know what they are selling there fuel for.