Wiki Posts
Search

Monday Night Slash Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
In Bristol, how long are the qualifiers and how long are the mains for Slash class?
Two qualifiers, 5 minutes each. A Mains are 10 minutes...B Mains are 5 minutes.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Well, I have the brushless installed now...and I don't have exact numbers from a stopwatch...but I can say that the runtimes increased safely by at least a good three or four minutes each. The runtime for the lipo seems to be over 15 to 17 minutes now.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Weather forcast is calling for a chance of thunderstorms overnight tonight, and all day tomorrow and tomorrow night.

I'm not sure whether to take it seriously or not...but I'll keep you guys posted here up until 3:30pm. At 3:30pm, I leave work and start driving to the track.

If we have to cancel the races, I'll post here by 3:30. Otherwise, call the shop if you have doubts (262)857-3400
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

I know I'm off topic with this post but I thought you'd guys would be helpful.

I sent a buddy of mine to the hobbyshop to buy a Slash. He's a plane guy that wanted something to take to the flying field to fart around with.

He's had his Slash about 5 days now and I just saw it and ran it. It's running the stock 12T motor but my friend uses a 4400mah LiPo.

For some reason the thing seems a bit slow. A stock Recoil seems like it would be twice as fast...so I'm guessing my buddy's Slash is doing about 11MPH maybe 14. That's slow isn't it?

My friend unplugged his battery and reset the ESC a few times and I did see the difference between "rookie mode" and "racer mode" but in racer mode it jyst seems slow. He didn't have the instruction booklet and Traxxas doesn't have it online so I thought I would ask here.

Out of the box Slash's at your track with 6 cells and the stock motor are going how fast?

Also, do they go just as fast forward as they do backward? I'm wondering if my friend maybe has something wired wrong.

thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

FYI in my new Tower Hobbies flyer they are advertising RTR slashs for
$199.00 seems low i think i will have to jump on this as i could use something to do Monday
afternoons.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
I know I'm off topic with this post but I thought you'd guys would be helpful.

I sent a buddy of mine to the hobbyshop to buy a Slash. He's a plane guy that wanted something to take to the flying field to fart around with.

He's had his Slash about 5 days now and I just saw it and ran it. It's running the stock 12T motor but my friend uses a 4400mah LiPo.

For some reason the thing seems a bit slow. A stock Recoil seems like it would be twice as fast...so I'm guessing my buddy's Slash is doing about 11MPH maybe 14. That's slow isn't it?

My friend unplugged his battery and reset the ESC a few times and I did see the difference between "rookie mode" and "racer mode" but in racer mode it jyst seems slow. He didn't have the instruction booklet and Traxxas doesn't have it online so I thought I would ask here.

Out of the box Slash's at your track with 6 cells and the stock motor are going how fast?

Also, do they go just as fast forward as they do backward? I'm wondering if my friend maybe has something wired wrong.

thanks.
I think you have to keep it in perspective of were it is being run,inside outside, mine only got faster as the brushes wore in, until the dirt ate the bushing in the front

Is his "slipper clutch" slipping or is it locked? If he is using the stock radio make sure he sets it up in 50/50 mode not 70/30. The speed pinion they send with it also will get more top end. Is he running in the grass, pavement or dirt? They are pretty slow through the grass due to the tire spin.

Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer
FYI in my new Tower Hobbies flyer they are advertising RTR slashs for
$199.00 seems low i think i will have to jump on this as i could use something to do Monday
afternoons.
That's our everyday store price as it is at most shops in the area.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I Is he running in the grass, pavement or dirt? They are pretty slow through the grass due to the tire spin.
Today was the first time I saw one run. It was on asphalt so there wasn't much tire spin.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Here are the results from the first round of the Monday Night Slash Series...click the attachment...
Attached Thumbnails Monday Night Slash Series-mwnx-slash-rnd1-jul-7.jpg  
Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Last night we got another new face at Bristol in the Slash Class...check out the results below.

Remember guys, next Monday, July 21st is the 2nd round of the Slash Series.

All together in the last three weeks we've had enough new faces out there on the track to pack two full heats of Slash racing...now if we can just get most of them to come back all at one time.
Attached Thumbnails Monday Night Slash Series-brc-slash-jul-14.jpg  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mfanke19
Last night we got another new face at Bristol in the Slash Class...
And another new Slash-class racer next week. We're getting there. I'd love to see 12 or so on the track all at once.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well tried to get down by you guys to race my slash ,but got on the freeway at 4:45 near trackside and traffic was CRAWLING!!
I'll be there next week box stoc with a lipo.
SLASHES RULE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I will try to get there, but it will be difficult at that time. Can't you start racing at 6:30 instead of 5:30? That one hour could make a big difference in the amount of people that would show up. It's not exactly a good thing to tell your boss you have to leave work early to go R/C car racing!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

We started later last year...but we got too many complaints about people having to get home for work the next day. If you are willing to sacrifice your first qualifier, then you can call ahead and have us sign you up. If you're interested in something like that, then email me or PM me and I'll give you my cell number.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Be sure to check back here around 3:45 or so before making the drive this Monday guys. Weather is calling for a 50% chance of thunder storms so we'll probably try to go ahead with the race and hopefully the forcast is wrong. Call ahead guys if you want to know for sure whether we're racing. (262)496-6394
Old 07-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hope the weather holds out since this is my last race for a couple weeks. Looking forward to racing with some new guys, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.