Popular RC bodies?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Popular RC bodies?

I'm a little out of the loop in TC racing since I've been running 1/12th and T/A. I recently met a painter that's interested in doing some RC bodies and I told him I'd get him a body or two for him to paint to show off his skills. I'll get him a 1/12th scale that I can use but I'd also like to get him a touring or offroad body. The offroad or touring body won't be of much use to me so I'd like to at least be able to sell it for the cost of the body and the shipping once he's done and I get some photos.

In short, what are a few of the more popular bodies for off road and what's the hot ticket in TC right now? I don't want to be stcuk with a body that I can't sell and is of no use to me... I know the Mazda 6 is popular but what about a couple others? Should I have him paint a 200mm body for TC since things are warming up in the northern states?

Thanks,
Ike

EDIT: Bleh, put this in a regional forum on accident... I guess it won't matter since if people like his stuff he'll be selling to local guys a lot. Plus, I asked this guy if he'd be interested in doing bodies since I know Russ isn't painting anymore.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Pete,
The DNA2 is a good choice for most rubber racing as well as a Mazda 6.
Also, I may have some servos for you, so hit me back with a PM on what ur looking for again.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Off-road bodies may be a tough call for you because (in truck for example), Losi XXX-T bodies I don't think fit the Associated T4 and vice versa. Same thing with interchanging bodies for the Losi XXX series and Associated's B4. The only body that I can think of that is interchangeable in off-road is Team Azarashi's Tateego body that will fit many 4WD buggy models (TRF501X, B44, Laser ZX-5, HB D4). www.team-azarashi.com/prodenglish.html

TC I think would be an easier sell because many people use Protoform DNA1&2s & Mazda 6s and Mazdaspeed6s and Parma Mohawks are popular as well.