Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!! >

Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Justin,

How did the parade go?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I heard that you got RKFD park district approval any word on location or am I misinformed
Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

what??? rod where did you hear this from?

park district is the best option to getting this track up and runnin
Old 05-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

grapevien somebody heard somebody at hobbytown talkn to somebody so I figured I'd post and see if its true or not ?????????????
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

well i hope it's true, gas prices today make me think twice about going racing anywhere seeing that the closest track is an hour away and my favorite track 2 hours away
Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

The Parade went pretty good! Got alot of people asking about it! Plus we broke alot of parts!!! As far as land, we are working with the Park District, We have not got a board approval yet! Hopefully soon!! They are saying my end of June, to early July for building!! There is one more land owner I have a meeting with him on saturday! I am sorry I have not posted for a few days, i started a new job and I am moving this weekend!! As soon as I get word on a location, I promise, I will let you all know. Plus keep checking the website, I will post there first!!

THanks,
Justin Zaugg
Race Em R/C
President
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Is it ever going to happen?

Is it me or is this just alot of talking...seems everytime I check to see if this "Track" is going to materialize there seems to be an excuse about a land issue or personal issues with family. I don't mean to critisize but since it's original post on R-C Tech the track location has changed no less than 3-4 times and not a single race has happened anywhere. Now we are talking possibly July provided all goes well with the Park District? Believe me I am all for it but I think all the ducks weren't in a row since the beginning. I would love nothing more than to have a local track that we could race at instaed of spending $4.00 a gallon for gas & driving an hour or so out of the way. If there is anything any of us local hobbiest can do... please post it!!! not all of have time to come to meetings but surley could show up to help build, prepare etc...on those occasions....but right now talk is cheap & it seems more like a pipe dream than anything at this point. We are going on close to a year. Please don't take this posting the wrong way. I will help when the time comes but for now Monroe has it's act together and we can actually get some racing done considering all the money we have spent on our "TOYS"
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I read in the first post of this thead that it is intended to have a Midwest Nitrocross event. Do you realize it will cost a couple thousand bucks for a scoring loop and transponder decoder? To me, that's the kicker. If you can't accurately keep lap times, don't even club race. Just keep it a basher's track and have fun with it. Bottom line, it takes money. I agree, this has been waaaaayyyyyyyy tooooooo looooooong.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Geo-Y,

I am looking into an iLap system for about $1K total for club racing (pickups, 10 house transponders, etc), which is something that could be done at RaceEm, too. Do you think an accurate system such as that one would make a track worthy of being at least a club track?

Best of luck to RaceEm.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

It seems to me Justin is taking a different path to get a race program up and going. That's not a bad thing just different.

Get a place to race, construct a track, let as many know it exists, set a date, and race.

Yes an I-LapRC system is a good idea, but a group could race just using a laptop and LapsFree race timing software, until they could afford an iLapRC. It's not difficult to count laps in a race by pressing number keys on a keyboard. If all people know ahead of time that the race program is new and growing everyone would understand and just have fun.

Everyone should just wait and see what JUstin says.

In the meantime anyone interested in racing up that way in McHenry County should all get together with electric vehicles and race at Mr. Woodhouse's track. It sure seems there's enough interest for racing just don't let the electric only stipulation hold anyone back.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

True. The ole McHenry Hobbytown did manual computer lap scoring (person kits keypad when you drive by and they see your number). It was competitive racing, not bashing by any means. It seems like RaceEm needs a location around which to grow.

I did some reading on the internet of other RC clubs in different parts of the country who worked with their own Park district -- I don't mean to be negative, but they read something like this:

Month 1: seems promising, just a month til approval
Month 3: no word yet, should be soon
Month 5: should be next month
Month 7: person in charge retired, so there was a delay. should be soon
Month 9: not clear who will pay for drivers stand, must discuss
Month 13: still no approval, but waiting
Month 16: no approval yet, getting worn out....
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

If everyone up that way wanted to race together as soon as possible they could all buy the new Traxxas Slash and show up at Woodhouse's track in Marengo NOW. They'd be racing once a week, getting together as a group once a week, and having fun once a week. Besides having a place to race one of the hurdles of a new race program is keeping the regular racers coming back.

They'd race regularly with the Slash, eventually find a place to run nitro, and they could all sell their Slash's for 50 cents on the dollar here on rctech or ebay. The Slash new is only 199 bucks RTR. They'd be racing all Summer long and it would only cost them 100 dollars in depreciation.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

One more thought about RC'em RC Club after Bob posted about park districts and such:

Didn't their mission statement say it's about using rc racing to create fun for kids and their parents?

If they did the Slash thing in Marengo now, they'd be fulfilling their mission statement immediately and not having to deal with waiting for politics of some local municipality or government.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
I did some reading on the internet of other RC clubs in different parts of the country who worked with their own Park district -- I don't mean to be negative, but they read something like this:

Month 1: seems promising, just a month til approval
Month 3: no word yet, should be soon
Month 5: should be next month
Month 7: person in charge retired, so there was a delay. should be soon
Month 9: not clear who will pay for drivers stand, must discuss
Month 13: still no approval, but waiting
Month 16: no approval yet, getting worn out....
The club in Peoria is on Park District property and I think the district even created a road off the main entrance (property is shared with golf course) for them. Without having tons of cash or not going into debt, seems like the Park District is the best solution. No reason to get a big ass loan if it's not going to work.

Hopefully they are negotiating land only, nothing else included. The land is the expensive part, everything else is chump change.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe RaceEm could double-check with Peoria for strategies for success, just in case there was something special they had to do.

If the club wanted to visit and run a race that would be cool -- get some practice in directing races and all that stuff. It could be a preliminary track until the real one is up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.